New signing incoming - Ryan Giles on loan (8 Viewers)

covcity4life

Where has this come from that Giles is hated by the other players??

better days

Not sure anyone said hated either, relax.

Said he wasn’t overly rated and has since conceded he must have heard wrong
He's not unpopular
It's just that neither Giles nor the other players could understand why he'd been brought in but hardly got a look in
Maybe it will change this time as I think we are more in need with Sam gone
Btw I also got it wrong about O'Hare - I wasn't expecting him to come back either,,,,,,,,

Magwitch

The reason he didn’t get in the side was simple Robins wasn’t prepared to change a winning team and a defence not letting goals in but despite that he has decided to come back for another year and MR wanted him back, good signing and not a huge if any dent on our budget, happy days all round.

Mucca Mad Boys

I was surprised by this transfer since he didn’t feature much. It seemed Robins rated him, just never felt the opportunity was there to play him. We had some tough fixtures and we were on a role too, I can see why he didn’t get game time.

Frankly, I hope Giles hasn’t been brought in as a first choice LWB. He looked good v Rotherham, but that was a 12m cameo and I feel that we need another player to play in that left wingback role.

I do like Mason, but I just don’t see how he fits in to the system and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him be let go this window.

SAJ

Surprised ? Did you watch Rotherham away ? It was from that point he was dropped his fitness has never been great he’s too small & weak robins also knows this,I see mason being sold with a first choice left back coming in.McCallum is far superior to mason it’s not even close again robins obviously seen it this way also,would of put McFadz as the weak link ahead of McCallum let’s see where they both end up Mason & McCallum I think we all know McCallum will go onto play premiership football mason however I don’t see going above the championship.
To be fare all could have been dropped at Rotherham and I certainly don’t think Mason was the worst player that day.
I think Sam was a better player going forward but they were similar at defending. I can’t remember many people questioning Mason before he got injured at Watford.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I feel a bit sorry for Mason. He was one of my favourite players for his tenacity, attitude and ability at the start of the season. I can’t believe he was totally bombed out off the back of one shit performance, when as others have said, he wasn’t the only one to underperform that day.

But he does seem to have been left behind since then. Will be interesting to see if he gets another chance,
I hope he does because he did little wrong and to end up at some L2 club after the start to the season he had with a team that ended up as champions would be a shame. Still, funny game and all that — who knows he might end up playing 35 games in our operation premier league mk 2 season.

I hope if he does end up leaving he finds a top end L1 side who play with a back 4. I’m pretty sure he’d be a good player in that situation.

Users who are viewing this thread