New Season Fresh Start - Who should we sign/let go? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Jay

Hi guys i am new on here... first off i would like to say im glad that andy thorn got the job i really think this is the guy to take us where we want to be. The players all want to play for him and long may that continue. I bought my season ticket before a.t was appointed which was at that time i had no idea who was going to take over im so glad sisu have signed thorn on board. Hopefully king, gunner and westy will too but have the feeling gunner might go and westy a dead cert. But im already looking forward for next season with some players leaving in the summer who wouldnt you mind leaving and who do you guys think andy thorn should sign in the summer? If given the funds for wages etc

Also im loving the new kit... Bang Tidy :)

Sky Blue Jay

dojer

The answer is that we don't know what type of player Thorn can sign next summer. I think Westwood is almost definitely going, King and Gunnarsson are the most likely to stay, with Gunnar the most likely. So we'll need a new goalkeeper for sure next year, apparently we're interested in the Kilmarnock keeper Cameron Bell. I would like to see some midfielders next year who can pick out a pass, I don't think we'll need any new defenders except a left-back to replace O'Halloran who should be leaving this summer.

Sky Blue Jay

Do you think we should release roy o donovan if he just going to sit on the bench thinking of players to let go in order to allow wages for other players. It will be intresting to see what sort of player thorn goes for or like. I hope king stays but i do think we can replace some other players in our squad. Just need to add some more quality. I always look at the bright side of things and i think if we keep king and add around him we could be in for a good season next season. The goalkeeper issue is not a problem there is some brilliant young keepers i think we can get. The scunny goalkeeper & peterbourgh spring to mind... murphy & lewis i think so its not all doom and gloom. PUSB!

smileycov

Facebook User
i read somewhere Lewis is also out of contract so we could get him on a freebie!!

Only bothered about King staying if i am honest

Macca

what you have to remember is its players that make decisons so its more, who wants to stay?, who wants to come?

presuming that "bang tidy" is a positive thing then I agree about the kit:)

Sky_Blue_Daz

out
Osbourne
O Donavon
Eastwood
Carsley
McIndoe
Baker

Coventry La La La

presuming that "bang tidy" is a positive thing then I agree about the kit:)

celebrity-juice-keith-lemon-bang-tidy-kids-t-shirt-58546-p.png

Keith Lemon from celebrity juice (ITV2) uses it as his catchphrase.

Urban dictionary "bang tidy"

1. When a male calls a female bang tidy, it means that they find them very attractive and worthy enough to have sexual relations with.

2. F**k worthy. She's bang tidy.

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
Yep kit is most defo "Bang tidy"

think we could have record sales of kits next season!!

Macca

celebrity-juice-keith-lemon-bang-tidy-kids-t-shirt-58546-p.png

Keith Lemon from celebrity juice (ITV2) uses it as his catchphrase.

Urban dictionary "bang tidy"

1. When a male calls a female bang tidy, it means that they find them very attractive and worthy enough to have sexual relations with.

2. F**k worthy. She's bang tidy.

Godammit I don't even know who he is or what celebrity juice is but I get the meaning of the expression now at least :)

ccfc1973

Out -
Mcindoe
Platt
O'halloran
Eastwood
Carsley

In-
Murphy (scunny)
D Henderson (sheff u)
Nugent (pompey)
Baxter (everton, loan)
Treacy (preston)
Fox (burnley)

Nonleagueherewecome

He's been in and out-I said today that he was a "one in three" player, and the bloke in front of me said "More like one in thirty-three!". Having said that, he was "on" today alright. Some great stuff, although he did over-elaborate at times. I really think it's the lack of reserve team-it takes 3 or 4 games to get match fit. Just look how much Clarke has improved. The bloke in front of me ended up admitting that Baker had made him eat his words. I particularly loved his "Go on Baker, run at him!" :)

covcity4life

keep:

king,westwood,gunnarrson,craine,keogh,juke,clingan

monitor: clarke,cameron,hussey,baker,bell, carsley, eastwood

sell:mcindoe(had alot of chances now), o donovan(no chances lol)

rob9872

If we're referring to CJ and mentioning bang tidy and smashing back doors in then I guess I should probably say that I give it the "Thumbs up" :)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I dont think we will keep Westwood Gunnar or King..... we just cant compete in terms of wages..... would like to keep all three but if i had to choose one it would be King (maybe a surprising statement from me as I was dead set against him signing in first place)

McIndoe needs to be playing and I dont think he will get enough opportunities here so would let go
Carsley is at the end of his career and is I guess considering if he should keep playing let alone sign, so let go
OHalloran just doesnt do it for me, not had many games but I dont think he adds much to the squad
, so let go
ODonovan - not given a chance so obviously not needed

The one not on contract renewal I would let go even on a free would be Eastwood - over rated under performing, lack of desire and fitness - time to move him on and save the wages for someone who wants to play for the shirt. Am hoping that AT see his transfer as a means to free up funds to finance contract offers to King, Gunnar & Westwood or others

Would also consider letting one of either Wood or McPake go. Wood is an ok defender but can do better and McPake an old fashioned tackling defender but injured too often, we have plenty of central defenders. (of course this depends on Turner returning to fitness )

Is going to depend on SISU's budget. Clouting said on radio Friday when asked about the budget that AT would need to assess the squad, let some go then bring in the possible replacements. That says to me there is little in signing on fees and that new players will be freebies that fit within the current wage budget.

Just a query but perhaps the club are not looking at another young keeper but expecting Danny Ireland to step up to the mark ? In which case an experienced end of career keeper might be the option.

Last edited:

Phil_Mc_90

I would get rid of Platt, Eastwood, McIndoe and Carsley
Keep O Donovon and give him a chance in the team, although the fact that thorn isn't playing him either suggests he may simply not be good enough, in which case get rid of him
Bring in Murphy to replace Westwood, a new midfielder (maybe one with some pace) and a couple of new striker options

Marty

I would like to see us buy George Boyd, quality skilful player with alot of pace, something we lack at the moment.

Regis87

Bye bye to:

Westwood
Osbourne
Eastwood
McIndoe
Carsley
O'Donnavon
O'Halloran

Keep Platt , ideal substitute to bring on last 10 for plan B

Macca

Baker has shown a hell of a lot of class and promise over the season. Or have you not been able to get to many games?

He might just not agree with you. You can have 10 different people with 10 different opinions who all went to the same game.

Sky Blue Jay

We will have the best kit in the league next season we just need a nice looking bird from coventry to go on soccer am next season to model in for us lol :whistle:

Players i would like to see leave

Out

Eastwood (though wouldnt be that dissapointed if he did stay as he can score the odd goal but not our 20+ goal scoring man)
Osbourne
Platt
O Donovan (unless given a chance by the new boss)
O Halloran

Players In depending on money if any we are allowed in the summer.
New Goalkeeper Lewis/Murphy
Possibly a left back or right back
St Ledger (Preston)
Makial Smith (Peterbrough) - If they dont go up
Le Fondre (Rotherham) - (tho i think rotherham have slapped a high price tag on him to scare team off)
Ian Hume (Preston)

Users who are viewing this thread