New potential site for our new stadium (2 Viewers)

Captain Dart

Joint stadium with Birmingham City near the NEC modelled on the Allianz Arena in Munich, but smaller. Not what I want, but logical if you want to cut costs by sharing and get a big sponsor deal. Transport good from both sides.

City centre would be my favourite, but I don't see happening.

OK for a Birmingham club but won't attract many Coventry fans.

martcov

OK for a Birmingham club but won't attract many Coventry fans.

No, maybe not, but we don't attract many anyway....;-)

If it goes bandy at the Ricoh, we may not have much choice. Continuing at the Ricoh is the best option for the fans, but we don't have much say and Waps are calling the tune.

Captain Dart

No, maybe not, but we don't attract many anyway....;-)

If it goes bandy at the Ricoh, we may not have much choice. Continuing at the Ricoh is the best option for the fans, but we don't have much say and Waps are calling the tune.

It is a big problem but I think SISU screwed up, they bit off more than they could chew. Their original strategy was wrong and they spent a lot of money on trying to get promoted or treading water in the Championship instead of sorting out the finances and venue first. The hedge was flawed and now the club is all f**ked up and SISU are unwilling to let another investor try their hand and they have no more money to sort the remaining issues out. It is hard to see how the club can possibly recover till they go.

edgy

I like the way you are thinking.......reminds me of a gag,

Teacher says to class there are 3 crows on a farmers gate and the farmer shoots one of them. How many are left?
Little Edgy says miss miss there aren't any left.
Teachers says why? He replies one is shot the other two would fly off.
The teacher says the answer is two but I like the way you are thinking!
Little Edgy says Miss here's a riddle for you.

3 women eating ice lollies, one is sucking the lolly slowly up and down,
one is just licking the ice lolly
and one is biting the ice lolly.
Which one is married?

Teacher takes a few moments to think and replies
The one sucking it up and down?
Edgy says no its the one with the wedding ring but I like the way you are thinking!
:woot:

Why bring me into it?

chiefdave

If it goes bandy at the Ricoh, we may not have much choice.
St Andrews would be the nearest groundshare to us wouldn't it? Wonder if it helps them get a new stadium built if we were groundsharing there and planning to move into a new stadium with them?

Hopefully won't come to that.

martcov

We don't know, but what we do know is that the Allianz Arena Munich is a bit out of town and shared by two old rivals. So, such things are possible.

NorthernWisdom

God knows. I'd like to see them call Sisu's bluff though. Free up some land and go "Here you are", just to see what excuses Joy comes up with then.
Yup, even if/when SISU go, we'll still need a home after all, and it'd be a lot easier to get a buyer for the club if there was a ready-made site set to go, with promised local authority support.

Seamus1

If any of my ticket money would be lined up to in any way, shape or form pay to assist in the building or maintenance of yet another vanity project for the city of Birmingham then this club can fuck right off

martcov

If any of my ticket money would be lined up to in any way, shape or form pay to assist in the building or maintenance of yet another vanity project for the city of Birmingham then this club can fuck right off

Who is saying that?

martcov

The hypothetical situation of Coventry City ground sharing with Birmingham City, in a 'City of Birmingham' stadium

And where will that be and who will be the naming rights sponsor?

I mentioned near the NEC with a sponsor as in the Allianz Arena outside of Munich. No way City of Birmingham Stadium. That would be an insult in the case you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread