New Poll - lets see what we really think... (1 Viewer)

Prediction time

• Relegation, doomed

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Just survive by the skin of our teeth

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Mid-table/lower half, safe territory

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Threatening the last playoff spot

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Creep into the playoffs

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

Kingokings204

I put doomed but we can do it. Recruitment is key. Obviously

The big shame is if we do stay up what does next year entail?

RegTheDonk

Current squad, I fear relegation. Bit difficult to predict until we've seen if Slade can work some magic when the windows opens and get some decent loans in.

It works both ways the transfers though - maybe a few are underperforming because they want out? Replacements might bring a fresh desire to the whole team.

Cov kid 55

Would only consider doing that if Coventry City no longer existed.

Getting pretty fed up with football in general though at the moment, so not sure I would follow anyone.

Might consider Cov rugby or the American Football team, the Jets.

I have voted to stay up, but it all depends on recruitment in January. Having lost 7 league games on the trot, we need to change the team significantly to enable us to send out a team that doesn't think it's going to lose every game. It's stating the obvious, but we need to start a game by taking the lead, not going behind, with the consequent loss of morale/confidence. I think we have some decent players, if we can add in some experience and strength during the transfer window, then we can climb the league. We can be better than a number of teams in this league, and we are still in touch after losing 7 games.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
In all my years as a City fan (since 1963), I can honestly say that this is the worst I have felt about our future. Even in the bad old days when we were in the (old) First Division (and later) Premier League and faced almost annual relegation, I always thought, "Yeah, but we're Coventry City! We'll survive!" And we always did. Well, until Strachan took us down! (Bastard!) This situation we're in really scares me. My heart bleeds Sky Blue. My old Mum (bless her) was born in Cork City, but became a die-hard City fan as did her brother, my Uncle (also Cork born). My Dad was also nuts on City and it just carried on with me. I have never felt so down about the club I love and really feel we are heading for the bloody Conference League. It is going to take a major miracle or a Godsend investor to turn this club around, because Mr Slade (bless him) sure can't do it with Sisu at the helm.

stupot07

I think we will stay up, just. Probably last day of the season, styley like the year we got thrashed by Charlton but Leicester went down.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Paxman II

Almost 60% have us doomed. Not a great result us it?
Be interesting to see of those 60% what you will say if we stay up?
Personally I'm certain we will stay up so I'll have egg on my face and eat my hat if we don't.
It's sad to me that 60% of our own supporters have little belief left even with the introduction of a manager who most actually wanted?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Personally I'm certain we will stay up so I'll have egg on my face and eat my hat if we don't.
It's sad to me that 60% of our own supporters have little belief left even with the introduction of a manager who most actually wanted?
It's 60% that believe with their heads not with their hearts Pax.

AL13N

I'm hoping in FIFA19 they've added the conference league so I can continue my annual tradition in getting them back up to the Premier League. We are up sh1t creek without a paddle.

cloughie

I wasn't having a go at you there was a smiley face and a wink

Kingokings204

I think we will stay up, just. Probably last day of the season, styley like the year we got thrashed by Charlton but Leicester went down.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not really a success is it? Shameful

Hobo

What do you expect?

We have a weak and inexperienced back four.

Critically we have a midfield that's just terrible. Other than Stevenson and McCann none are up to the demands of league one.

We have God knows how many strikers none of whom can score.

Rubbish squad with about 3 players remotely capable.

And to compound it all an utterly crap chairman and owners who are clueless at running a business.

Otis

Think you need to ask the same question again at the end of Jan when the transfer window closes.

What we do in January is going to be the key to whether we survive or not and as we have absolutely no idea what is going to happen yet, I do think it is to early to nail colours to the mast.

Paxman II

Think you need to ask the same question again at the end of Jan when the transfer window closes.

What we do in January is going to be the key to whether we survive or not and as we have absolutely no idea what is going to happen yet, I do think it is to early to nail colours to the mast.
I agree O but this was just to see how the depth of feeling and how our plight is affecting us right now before we see any changes in the window and just to see how some can be very damming of our chances regardless it seems? Some people have nailed their flag to the mast it already.
A few not so sure which are probably the ones thinking about January dealings as you point out. This is about opinion among us now not some point in the future. Its about our chances in this moment. You can run another one O after the window has closed ;)

Gazolba

League 2 next season, and we will struggle there.

steve82

Too early to call, with our current form it's a tough ask, However with 6 loans coming to a end at least 5 of which are usually involved in the match day 18 a 1/3 of that squad will change as a minimum.
Based on that there is still hope... just.
We've the best man in the job of we are to do it.

hill83

We should be fucked, but amazingly there are a few other teams doing as shit as we are. January is important, we need to get the right players in and get rid of as much of the useless shite as we can. Then hopefully settle into Slades style of play. I think we'll survive, just.

Kingokings204

Are people really losing the plot so much they can't actually read what is in front of them before going off?

I wasn't going off Nick. I just stated myself it's not a success just staying up in league 1. Don't you agree?

Nick

Administrator
I wasn't going off Nick. I just stated myself it's not a success just staying up in league 1. Don't you agree?

After the shite start it would be now for Slade, a different success to winning the league.

However, it's a bit weird that he didn't say it was but you quoted him to tell him something he already knows?

Otis

I agree O but this was just to see how the depth of feeling and how our plight is affecting us right now before we see any changes in the window and just to see how some can be very damming of our chances regardless it seems? Some people have nailed their flag to the mast it already.
A few not so sure which are probably the ones thinking about January dealings as you point out. This is about opinion among us now not some point in the future. Its about our chances in this moment. You can run another one O after the window has closed ;)
But the thing is, we all know that the side we see out there in the next few weeks is going to be vastly different to the side we see out there today.

We therefore could be just as bad, worse, or better.

Pretty much everyone is saying it is dependent on what happens in January.

We know McCann is going and we know loans are up and it is also looking increasingly likely that Stevenson will be sold.

Looking like it will be quite a different looking team out there soon.

Kingokings204

After the shite start it would be now for Slade, a different success to winning the league.

However, it's a bit weird that he didn't say it was but you quoted him to tell him something he already knows?

Bloody hell, you've been on here too much. I was just stating it wasn't a success when stupot said we could just stay up in the last day.

I wasn't accusing him of anything and then you came along to have a pop. It's not really that "weird" to say cov just staying in league 1 isn't a success. (My opinion)

No conspiracy theory I promise you.

Nick

Administrator
Bloody hell, you've been on here too much. I was just stating it wasn't a success when stupot said we could just stay up in the last day.

I wasn't accusing him of anything and then you came along to have a pop. It's not really that "weird" to say cov just staying in league 1 isn't a success. (My opinion)

No conspiracy theory I promise you.

Who said it was a conspiracy? Just that he didn't say or claim it was a success.

"Hello how are you today?"
"It's Wednesday"

Kingokings204

Who said it was a conspiracy? Just that he didn't say or claim it was a success.

"Hello how are you today?"
"It's Wednesday"

I know he didn't. I stated he didn't.

Don't know what the quotes mean. Sorry

Anyway back on topic shall we?

Users who are viewing this thread