New Player Interviews (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Something I have noticed of all the interviews with Ryan Allsop, Reda Johnson, Jim O'Brien and Danny Swanson, all he players have highlighted:

- We are a big Club.
- We are targeting promotion.
- The quality in the squad is fantastic.
- Additions to the squad will only improve the squad.
- The setup at the Club is first class.
- They all seem genuinely happy to be here.

Positives I thought I would share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Fool! It's the script they hand out! Tsk.

Firstly, no one will sign for us. Secondly, no one will sign for us.

RoboCCFC90

Fool! It's the script they hand out! Tsk.

Firstly, no one will sign for us. Secondly, no one will sign for us.

Your on form today so far :)

Nick

Administrator
I look forward to seeing the new lads play, always do, even if they aren't worldwide superstars!

torchomatic

RoboCCFC90

I look forward to seeing the new lads play, always do, even if they aren't worldwide superstars!

There is always that buzz of anticipation.. I have been looking forward to the new season since the final game of last!

RoboCCFC90

Well, I promise to stop stalking you now.

I wonder why the doors were open in the house when I'd shut them ;)

torchomatic

I just wish you'd put some trousers on.

Oh, nice tele by the way.

I wonder why the doors were open in the house when I'd shut them ;)

torchomatic

Hobo

It is all football cliches so nothing exciting. If they graft for the manager and fans, show some pride in the badge and have a winning mentality I will be happy.

AndreasB

Funny how it only seems to be us "shitzu lovers" who can see any positivity in the new squad. Im sure they are not world beaters but we are a bottom half of the third division team at the moment so not really sure what you are expecting?
Definately sense the wish fulfilment of some people on here who seem to enjoy doing the squad down (before a ball is kicked)
I am assuming it is some sort of jealousy in being "deprived" of watching the team etc etc

RoboCCFC90

Funny how it only seems to be us "shitzu lovers" who can see any positivity in the new squad. Im sure they are not world beaters but we are a bottom half of the third division team at the moment so not really sure what you are expecting?
Definately sense the wish fulfilment of some people on here who seem to enjoy doing the squad down (before a ball is kicked)
I am assuming it is some sort of jealousy in being "deprived" of watching the team etc etc

In English please?

Hobo

You obviously haven't seen my posts on other threads, positive but with caution....I prefer to see them kick a ball first and for several matches. I'm not one of these yo yo fans, spouting promotion one week, relegation the next! ;-)

AndreasB

I think it is pretty clear to people with an average ability to read and comprehend. Even "Hobo" understood.

The Reverend Skyblue

These interviews are the same for every player who signs for any club. What player is going to say after just signing for his new team,
"This team is crap",
"I am joining a small club",
"this team is going nowhere",
"the set up here is really shit"
and even if they had just signed for Accrington Stanley they will say "this is a big club going places",
and what new player would say "we are targeting relegation ", of course they will say the opposite to what I quoted

Come on we hear the same thing every day .

Robo, a pointless thread to start in my opinion

Last edited:

Gint11

Something I have noticed of all the interviews with Ryan Allsop, Reda Johnson, Jim O'Brien and Danny Swanson, all he players have highlighted:

- We are a big Club.
- We are targeting promotion.
- The quality in the squad is fantastic.
- Additions to the squad will only improve the squad.
- The setup at the Club is first class.
- They all seem genuinely happy to be here.

Positives I thought I would share!

All of the points are true I suppose apart from promotion, I mean, always aim high but doubt SP thinks he is going to amass a squad good enough to get there, and the setup point, yes the club has good structure when we are home. I do feel that new players have to say these things though.

RoboCCFC90

These interviews are the same for every player who signs for any club. What player is going to say after just signing for his new team, "This team is crap", "I am joining a small club", "this team is going nowhere", and even if they had just signed for Accrington Stanley they will say "this is a big club going places".

You may see it that way Rev, but I see this as players who are interested to play for Coventry City despite our position in troubled waters, for that the new season has a reason to be positive.

TheOldFive

To be fair that's pretty much what Prutts said last season and we all lapped it up...
These interviews are the same for every player who signs for any club. What player is going to say after just signing for his new team,
"This team is crap",
"I am joining a small club",
"this team is going nowhere",
"the set up here is really shit"
and even if they had just signed for Accrington Stanley they will say "this is a big club going places",
and what new player would say "we are targeting relegation ", of course they will say the opposite to what I quoted

shmmeee

I love new signings. All of them. Even kids that we'll never see play.

Same as academy kids, every one is a potential new hero. Love it.

Though Andreas is right about one thing: I am jealous of those that get to watch them make their debuts and be able to discuss their abilities and performances properly. No one ever pretended it was easy to make the choice to stay away.

skyblueinBaku

On more news i'm trying to buy lightweight roof tiles

Mower finally sorted then, Rev? A new project now. I suppose your ladder will start to fall apart so you have something to repair.:D

covcity4life

I love new signings. All of them. Even kids that we'll never see play.

Same as academy kids, every one is a potential new hero. Love it.

Though Andreas is right about one thing: I am jealous of those that get to watch them make their debuts and be able to discuss their abilities and performances properly. No one ever pretended it was easy to make the choice to stay away.

not easy at all.

some times it pays to be weak i guess. int he short term anyway

The Reverend Skyblue

Mower finally sorted then, Rev? A new project now. I suppose your ladder will start to fall apart so you have something to repair.:D

I am putting a new roof on my outside office in the garden.

The mower I worked on so many times, but I have got working in what I call my wife mode, I can get her going every other week

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread