New or current players? Which are more important? (1 Viewer)

CovScott88

It's hardly a secret that we are short on funds, so it is important that we use our money wisely. Here's a question for you all - Would you rather use the money we have to tie down the likes of Sammy Clingan, Martin Cranie, Chris Hussey and Lukas Jutkiewicz (I know he's still got a few years left on his current deal) to long-term, improved contracts but make no more signings, or bring in players like Adam Le Fondre, James McFadden and Jake Livermore, but leave ourselves with next to nothing to negotiate new deals with the out of contract players, therefore risking losing them on a free transfer?

ccfcway

tie down existing players and get a striker on loan !

no point signing Le Fondre if we going to lose Sammy and Craine in 12 months for nothing !

I fear we will do neither....

Not get a striker, AND not get the exisiting lads signed up !

ccfc1973

But if we don't sign these players then we will probably go down and lose clingan , craine and juke anyway

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would sign new players and hope for a cash investment /takeover in the season to make money available for new contracts.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Its not as easy as whipping a player up for another year or two! Think about if you were them... this is their career choice, and young people especially footballers are very selfish and self absorbed. If it was me I would want to leave my contract as long as I possibly could so that I could see my whole range of choices before choosing my future.
I would say try and get at least 2 loans in.

Users who are viewing this thread