New Official Kings of Leon/CCFC Car Parking Website (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone, I am from the Ricoh Arena. I do all of the traffic management all around the Ricoh it's car parks and official park and walk sites. I was just wondering if you could kindly tell people about our new official car parking website which was created yesterday. You can buy car park tickets for kings of leon and this is what were trying to get out. As this is a new site very few people know about this. The website is www.coventryarenaparking.com To prove that this is an official website go to www.ricoharena.com click travel at the top of the screen, then pre book car parking and follow the link. We hope to get feed back off you. Thank you, Brian.:)

rob9872

How about stop spamming lobby the council for a station sort out the after game traffic problems and ensure some cheap and fair park and ride scheme for out of towners instead of rip-off sub-standard service? That should keep you busy for a while if you're genuinely intersted

For your information my friend, the money that is raised for the off-site car parks goes directly to the land owners, which are all charities or schools. Tell me what part of that is unfair. regarding your after game traffic problems, what traffic problems? 15 mins to empty the site on an average coventry city game. I can leave the Ricoh arena at the end of the game and can be sitting in my house in Coundon, having a nice cup of tea, within 10 mins... No traffic problems there. Regarding the Park and Ride system is a £2 bus journey from the train station and city centre is this not subsidised enough for you, and what do we need a train station for??? When the bus service from the city centre has an average 30-50 people on it. Also when there was a Park and Ride Service from Coventry Airport and average of 10 city fans would use it. There is also independent bus services' throughout Coventry and Warwickshire which is subsidised from money that is raised from the on-site parking... What is your point then my friend?

Covstu

i think it looks good but i never take a car to the ricoh, its always a taxi. On the othyer note, a train service would be fantastic for the club particularly with the olympics coming!!!

For your information my friend, the money that is raised for the off-site car parks goes directly to the land owners, which are all charities or schools. Tell me what part of that is unfair. regarding your after game traffic problems, what traffic problems? 15 mins to empty the site on an average coventry city game. I can leave the Ricoh arena at the end of the game and can be sitting in my house in Coundon, having a nice cup of tea, within 10 mins... No traffic problems there. Regarding the Park and Ride system is a £2 bus journey from the train station and city centre is this not subsidised enough for you, and what do we need a train station for??? When the bus service from the city centre has an average 30-50 people on it. Also when there was a Park and Ride Service from Coventry Airport and average of 10 city fans would use it. There is also independent bus services' throughout Coventry and Warwickshire which is subsidised from money that is raised from the on-site parking... What is your point then my friend?

I went to the womens FA cup final. What was the attendance? 13k which compared to capacity is low? It took us half an hour to get out of the christ the king field. So I'd love to know how the hell you manage to get back to Coundon in 10minutes. If you like I can take a picture on Monday evening showing the traffic chaos when leaving the ricoh.

It is good to know that the money goes to the schools and charities though so good work on that front, just don't lie about how long it takes to escape the single exit car park.

skyblueprincess

I too think a train service would be good, Rail travel is one of the best (and most eco-friendly) ways to get around, I would also think it would be able to double the amount compared to the buses , So cost effective , fast and one would think it would help with traffics problems

skyblueprincess

But SBP would YOU use it? I live 2 minutes from Bedworth station, but I wouldn't use it.

Of course i would use it , I 90% of the time travel into the town centre by train , Then its either a taxi or bus, Why would i not use it ?

In comparison to travelling there by taxi or bus it is cost effective , and would be quicker !

Cool you must be one of the few that it's actually conveinient for. I personally think that it's a good idea but that not many people would use it. Half of Cov live between the Ricoh and the train station so are more likely to head direct to the Ricoh. Bedworth is within walking distance of the Ricoh. I honestly don't think that enough people would use it to justify it.

rob9872

1) I never mentioned the off-site parking so quite what the point of that is I don't know
2) We are about to encounter our sixth season at the Ricoh and no train service especially with the Olympics and out of town visitors next year is beyond bad
3) We park in car park B. It's the only real affordable one that is easily reachable for someone like me who struggles to walk and we are kept behind for about 20-30 minutes after every game and then straight into the built up traffic. Those who pay more can leave earlier. How is this fair and highlights that it's all about money not service
4) The park and ride from the airport was a joke. It should be a green scheme to ease and facilitate travel to and from games not yet another money-spinner to drain every last penny. We need to fill the ground and that means people like me travelling in from the suburbs and surrounding towns. From Warwick we need to not only pay petorl (our choice sure) but then pay £6.50 to park the car at the airport and then £4.50 each to travel in. So being greener with three in the car sees our costs overall rise from £4 parking to £20 and have to queue for busses and be at their times for the privilege.
5) If you can not see the problem and think because people don't use the sevices then they don't want it rather than think "why are they not using it and what can we do to encourage use?" then your views are narrow and short-sighted because better service will help put bums on seats in the ground too. Cheap, clean, reliable and regular from various pick-up points with free parking at the park and ride sites would be a good start, but the whole strategy needs reviewing and a look at the original charter of what was promised when the ground was originally built. Permission was granted on the basis of encouraging less people to travel to games by car.

skyblueprincess

Cool you must be one of the few that it's actually conveinient for. I personally think that it's a good idea but that not many people would use it. Half of Cov live between the Ricoh and the train station so are more likely to head direct to the Ricoh. Bedworth is within walking distance of the Ricoh. I honestly don't think that enough people would use it to justify it.

I actually live in walsgrave , so i suppose it would be easy for me to travel straight to the game from there , But the ppl i go the games with are from different areas of coventry ,
Travelling together is where the fun begins
I would find the whole thing rather boring if it meant i would have to travel to the game alone then meet up there

I don't know anyone that goes to the city, which is why i have to work there. I'd love to be able to travel/walk up with a group of mates but no-one seems to support the Sky Blues.

rob9872

The silence is deafening ...

I went to the womens FA cup final. What was the attendance? 13k which compared to capacity is low? It took us half an hour to get out of the christ the king field. So I'd love to know how the hell you manage to get back to Coundon in 10minutes. If you like I can take a picture on Monday evening showing the traffic chaos when leaving the ricoh.

It is good to know that the money goes to the schools and charities though so good work on that front, just don't lie about how long it takes to escape the single exit car park.

sorry, i was referring to the on-site car parks, women's FA cup had 10,000 away fans and around 4,000 local fans and christ the king had above average of 80 cars and had 350 cars for the cup match.

I'm sure 40,000 people arriving at the Ricoh on Monday will cause congestion but considering the site on a concert normally clears in an hour and a half, compared to other events this is not bad going.

1) I never mentioned the off-site parking so quite what the point of that is I don't know
2) We are about to encounter our sixth season at the Ricoh and no train service especially with the Olympics and out of town visitors next year is beyond bad
3) We park in car park B. It's the only real affordable one that is easily reachable for someone like me who struggles to walk and we are kept behind for about 20-30 minutes after every game and then straight into the built up traffic. Those who pay more can leave earlier. How is this fair and highlights that it's all about money not service
4) The park and ride from the airport was a joke. It should be a green scheme to ease and facilitate travel to and from games not yet another money-spinner to drain every last penny. We need to fill the ground and that means people like me travelling in from the suburbs and surrounding towns. From Warwick we need to not only pay petorl (our choice sure) but then pay £6.50 to park the car at the airport and then £4.50 each to travel in. So being greener with three in the car sees our costs overall rise from £4 parking to £20 and have to queue for busses and be at their times for the privilege.
5) If you can not see the problem and think because people don't use the sevices then they don't want it rather than think "why are they not using it and what can we do to encourage use?" then your views are narrow and short-sighted because better service will help put bums on seats in the ground too. Cheap, clean, reliable and regular from various pick-up points with free parking at the park and ride sites would be a good start, but the whole strategy needs reviewing and a look at the original charter of what was promised when the ground was originally built. Permission was granted on the basis of encouraging less people to travel to games by car.

1)
A. Okay i'm sorry i must of missed read your post.

2)
A. It is costing us a fortune to pay for and they (the Ricoh) will probably not build the train station until we're in the premiership.

3)
A. Good news, we have built a new exit out of car park B which has cost us £100,000. So this is fair, see we do look out to our costumers. Now you can leave whenever you feel.

4)
A. Yes, thats why we've stopped it.

5)
A. okay, i'll bring that up into a pre season meeting

rob9872

Thanks - much better :)

Atomic

Hi

We will be attending the Kings Of Leon show tomorrow having just got tickets today.
It will be our first visit to the Ricoh and hopefully, the first of many!

Can anyone please tell me about the £15.00 Official off-site parking?
Is it far from the Arena, is it a park and ride service or close enough to walk?
Are there any other recommended alternatives?

My wife is recovering from surgery, so can't walk a long distance, so I could do with some local advise.

Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread