New number one needed (19 Viewers)

messiahrobins

At least try and keep the trolling realistic 🤣
Wilson is more vocal and he was excellent last season organising the defence albeit McFadzean obviously was also a big part of that.
However Wilson is bound be to gone this summer and Collins kept as the no.2 purely based on their respective ages

shmmeee

Wilson is more vocal and he was excellent last season organising the defence albeit McFadzean obviously was also a big part of that.
However Wilson is bound be to gone this summer and Collins kept as the no.2 purely based on their respective ages

Absolute bollocks. I’ve never seen a quieter keeper than Wilson. He doesn’t even tell his wall where he wants them FFS.

messiahrobins

Absolute bollocks. I’ve never seen a quieter keeper than Wilson. He doesn’t even tell his wall where he wants them FFS.
What on earth are you talking about. Last season he was always very vocal. He hardly played this season post October so i'll forgive you on this as you have probably forgot.

shmmeee

What on earth are you talking about. Last season he was always very vocal. He hardly played this season post October so i'll forgive you on this as you have probably forgot.

I quite literally watched a wall staring at him looking for direction while he was silent then deciding to just figure it out themselves. He’s a very very quiet keeper and does zero defensive organisation relying entirely on Fadz last year.

messiahrobins

I quite literally watched a wall staring at him looking for direction while he was silent then deciding to just figure it out themselves. He’s a very very quiet keeper and does zero defensive organisation relying entirely on Fadz last year.
The players themselves said otherwise last year. But dont let get facts get in the way eh.

covboy9

He’s a nervous wreck the bizarre save early on in the game was embarrassing, he’s constantly caught in two minds, I like my keepers to be big and scary he is anything but

messiahrobins

He’s a nervous wreck the bizarre save early on in the game was embarrassing, he’s constantly caught in two minds, I like my keepers to be big and scary he is anything but
Definitely need a 6ft 4inc plus keeper. Makes such a difference to have that imposing sort of figure in goal.

Houdi

Never understood the mantra that Collins is a better goalkeeper than Wilson. Last season Wilson was voted the best goalie in the Championship not 2/3/4 but the best, subjective I know, and we kept a record number of clean sheets. We sign a keeper from the 3rd tier and suddenly people assume he will be better than Wilson, probably based on the sole criteria that he is new.
Collins seems a massive introvert almost nervous and has never exuded any outward confidence. He often punches away shots instead of catching them, was partly culpable for Sunday's opening goal. and the results show over the past few weeks we not only don't keep clean sheets we are conceding multiple goals most games.
As people have said Clough signed the best no1 in the league Shilton even though he said at the time, his then no1 Boulton I think was a top 6 goalie.

skyblue025

I wouldn’t, there’s bigger issues elsewhere. Give Collins another season and if he’s still racking up assists for the wrong team then move him on.
Too late then. Possibly another play-off missed due to a poor keeper. A keeper can't keep making basic errors and expect to keep his place.

covboy9

What I don’t get is robins rightly or wrongly ruthlessly bombed out Marosi then Moore who had both had good spells

Wilson’s goal led a charmed life and he did well to a point but he was never the man

Collins looks worse than all 3

the third goal is unforgivable

skyblu3sk

Have to say I think it's time, I know all teams ship a crap goal here and there but it feels like we have shipped way more than we should this season. It could be my judgement is clouded from last night but it's the inconsistency that kills it from one hand mega saves to it dribbling over your body.

Flying Fokker

For the third he literally bottled it. I know it was an awful back pass but he could have put it in the stands.
He didn’t know what to do. Almost like he was scared of the ball, let alone a tough couple of seconds.

Flying Fokker

I wouldn’t, there’s bigger issues elsewhere. Give Collins another season and if he’s still racking up assists for the wrong team then move him on.
There must be a better goalkeeper for next season? Collin’s does some really good once or twice in a game but the defenders themselves must have a wobble knowing that he’s ‘vulnerable’.

TomRad85

He jumped out the way of a shot/goal at Cardiff; it was utterly pathetic. I think that was the game that rightly did it for him.
And when he came back in the team he conceded every shot on target and we were back to launching it long to Sakamoto and co. That worked out well!
All said and done I can agree Collins has fell off a cliff recently but Wilson isn't the answer to any of the questions.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

All 3 of the Barnsley players have made pretty horrendous mistakes over the season but especially since January. They just need a lot of work putting in over the summer.
I think the 2 CBs will be fine, Thomas especially for me has all the tools. Lati is a concerning player.

TomRad85

Was also Thomas fault too.
Thomas scares me quite often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's definitely an element of if Robins is asking them to play like this at the back then some of it is inevitable. We didn't do this last season, hence we didn't really make such mistakes.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think the 2 CBs will be fine, Thomas especially for me has all the tools. Lati is a concerning player.

Evo put it best really, not commanding enough for CB, not quick enough for RB and not good enough on the ball for DM. Though again, give him another summer and more time.

These players were signed to peak value in 2-3 seasons rather than one.

torchomatic

Strong Clayton Ince vibes
<shudder>.

Will never forget that game he played against us though, he was immense. Signed him on the strength of a game of a lifetime.

Brighton Sky Blue

<shudder>.

Will never forget that game he played against us though, he was immense. Signed him on the strength of a game of a lifetime.
To be fair Johansson had a brilliant season statistically last season and has been in a God awful side this year so is worth considering. Problem is you then need to find a taker for Wilson or Collins.

Users who are viewing this thread