New Northen National Stadium (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

Come one Doug, dust your wallet off. It's high time for 'Wembley of the Midlands'

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AOM

wingy

Has he sounded out the government of the day,or the mayor?
Bullies look what you could have won,who needs HS2 anyway way,oh shit how we gonna get to it?

JohnWH

Am I right in interpreting he said the neighborhood is shit and someone pay for my New Old Trafford?
He should up the stakes in the American manner, threaten to move the team if city/government doesn't build a new stadium

wingy

The government built a new stadium in the north for the commonwealth games in 2002, another team plays there now.

A company that turns over £1bn per year asking for the government to pay for a new stadium for them, get to fuck.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
MC still on a rental/lease.basis?

Terry Gibson's perm

I don’t see a problem in building it for them but the terms must be good on the countries side.

large rent
No ownership potential
Large cut of the f&b

I don’t think this is what they are looking for though they just want a free ground to allow their rotten owners to keep milking it.

Flying Fokker

Am I right in interpreting he said the neighborhood is shit and someone pay for my New Old Trafford?
He should up the stakes in the American manner, threaten to move the team if city/government doesn't build a new stadium
It would be sensible to move them to the midlands. Near the NEC where all the plastic MU fans could condense.

SBT

I don’t see a problem in building it for them but the terms must be good on the countries side.

large rent
No ownership potential
Large cut of the f&b

I don’t think this is what they are looking for though they just want a free ground to allow their rotten owners to keep milking it.
It’s very rare that these new stadiums end up offering value for money when the taxpayer foots the bill.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

We've got Wembley which is a terrific venue imo, absolutely zero value in pursuing another one in the north

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Prior to them rebuilding Wembley i'd have preferred an approach where the national team toured around more, now it's here however i just don't see a case for spending huge sums on making Wembley poorer value for money, the ship has sailed on that approach.

The gall of a man worth upwards of £15bn wanting public money for his own vanity project is (almost) beyond belief. What does a person even need that sort of money for?

SkyBlueSoul

It's shit around there because it's a giant industrial park so there's no real need to make it look nice.

Mucca Mad Boys

Prior to them rebuilding Wembley i'd have preferred an approach where the national team toured around more, now it's here however i just don't see a case for spending huge sums on making Wembley poorer value for money, the ship has sailed on that approach.

The gall of a man worth upwards of £15bn wanting public money for his own vanity project is (almost) beyond belief. What does a person even need that sort of money for?
We have also built the Etihad and the Olympic stadium in the last 25 years. There really isn’t a need to build another national stadium.

Travs

The time to build a new national stadium would have been when Wembley was redeveloped.

I think the ship has sailed on the idea now.

San Francisco

“National stadium” is just a front. Shows what type of owner he is that he’s not willing to invest much on important new infrastructure like an improved stadium without a large government grant. I’d be worried if I were a Man Utd fan.

Users who are viewing this thread