New Manager Shortlist (1 Viewer)

CovLis86

So, who do the board have lined up. Since they must have to sack a manager at the most ridiculous time of a season. Any ideas? Dont have to be too realistic!

Martin O'Neil
Gordon Strachan
Roberto Di Matteo
Gary Megson
Sam Allardyce
Chris Hughton
Alan Curbishley
Roy Keane
Paulo Sousa
Gianfranco Zola

Any preferences?

Coventry La La La

Wouldn't mind Sam Allardyce myself hes a proven premierleague manager his football might not be the greatest but he knows how to get results and could work with are current squad but can't see him stepping down to the championship. Also has a proven track record of keeping teams up

Roy Keane - Hate him ( Just like I hate Man UTD )

Gary Megson - worste posible appointment imo ( say hello to league 1 if hes appointed )

Martin O'Neil - would be amazing but never going to happen

Paulo Sousa - His footballing methods wouldn't work with are squad of players and investment would be needed in passing style players.

Gordon Strachan - We will definetly be in league 1 next season if hes appointed.

Gianfranco Zola - Similar to Coleman...

Roberto Di Matteo - (same reasons as Sousa)

Probly not many will agree with me and will want a manager who can play tippy tap football around the defence but I would prefer a manager who can work with what we have got as the board are not going to invest in tippy tap footballers

Last edited:

bushyaus

So, who do the board have lined up. Since they must have to sack a manager at the most ridiculous time of a season. Any ideas? Dont have to be too realistic!

Martin O'Neil
Gordon Strachan
Roberto Di Matteo
Gary Megson
Sam Allardyce
Chris Hughton
Alan Curbishley
Roy Keane
Paulo Sousa
Gianfranco Zola

Any preferences?

O'Neil would be my choice, but not a chance of getting him unless there are new investors with money to afford his wages and give him funds to build a promotion winning team.
Guess someone is waiting in the wings as u do not sack your manager with 10 games to go without a contingency. I do remember us sacking Don Mackay with 4 games to go and appointing George and John till end season 85/86. Signed Houchen in the summer for bugger all and rest is History.

Nick

Administrator
I would like O'Neill but I don't think it would happen :(

Di Matteo could be good, he could get a kit on and draft Zola in as his assistant and he could play as well!

Chris Hughton was quite good at Newcastle but he had a strong squad to work with that picked its self.

I hope to god it isn't Roy Keane though!

Lecko

Sean O' Driscoll (massive compensation needed for Doncaster and would he leave?)
Roberto Di Matteo (Mowbray laid the foundations for him, did well at MK Dons though?)
Paulo Sousa (again Martinez laid the foundations for him to work with, did well and would get us passing the ball)
Gus Poyet (up and coming doing well with Brighton, why would he leave there?)

Is it obvious I want us to actually play some football!!

OyJimmy

Would also like Martin O'Neil, but that would mean the club having to back him with cash. Maybe he'd take it if we offered to let him go if a big club came in for him.... doubt it though.

Liverpool went for old timer Kenny Dalglish who's inspired the players to perform. Maybe we need an old timer. How about George Graham. He'd get us playing the type of football we need to escape this league.

CovLis86

Out of the names i listed, i would go for Di Matteo as hes done well at the clubs hes been and plays attractive football. Id like Gus Poyet too but i think he would want to stick with the great job hes doing at Brighton.
Another outside bet for me could be Paul Tisdale from Exeter. Great young manager done a fantastic job with little to no resources.

skybluewill

Even on an unrealistic list Martin o'neill on there makes me laugh the reason he left a top 8 premier league side was because of lack of financial backing. I think he'd have a heart attack if he heard how much our board will invest in new players.

bushyaus

Even on an unrealistic list Martin o'neill on there makes me laugh the reason he left a top 8 premier league side was because of lack of financial backing. I think he'd have a heart attack if he heard how much our board will invest in new players.

100% correct. However if him came with new owners and cash to invest we could be on to a winner
Mr Brody seems to be looking at ways to build a team without investment. Impossible.

ScottChegg

Just a couple of names I would like to put in to the mix.....

Dennis Wise - obviously got a bit of history at the club, could be hungry to prove himself again? My only worry would be that any success he had as a manager has been with Poyet.... who would be a great appointment, just a tad unrealistic.

Gary Johnson - Not sure if he has another job since leaving Peterborough? He got Bristol City playing some really good football and pretty much laid the foundations there, could he be an option?

I just think we need to be a bit realistic with choices.... O'Neil would obviously be amazing but we have got no chance!

Nick

Administrator
im going to email the club some screenshot of my football manager 2011!

u never know! lol

You could then use the hack to get the players to 20 but then Ranson would sell them all to Barca for 50 mill :(

gouldberg

Ok, I get why people wouldn't want Strachan back, but would he seriously be that bad of a choice all things considered?

Surely he'll have that fire inside him to prove us wrong from before. He didn't do too badly at Celtic in all honesty. Yes he struggled at Middlesbrough recently but they had 1 thing that we don't....money!

Celtic had massive expectations and he did deliver early with 3 titles. Remember he also stepped down here....and come on, 3 league titles plus 3 cups isn't bad in 4 years!

Middlesbrough he came to a club with money and did what was our eventual downfall back all those years ago. He spent big and brought in egos that weren't at good as first thought (a bit like the Wallemme days...).

Strachan was good with us when he had to work with a team of hard workers who technically were not the best (sound familiar?) and let's face it, one thing he did do for CCFC was keep us up (the thing expected of us) 5 times out of 6 was it? He did a great job of getting and keeping his players in good shape (Jutkiewicz would love to meet this guy!) and he was a breath of fresh air when it came to communication. These are all things that CCFC currently need.

I'm not for one second saying he's my top choice BUT he certainly wouldn't be the worst outcome.

CovfanDan

I think we may have come to the point where the quality of manager is going to get worse and worse. I'm not saying that Dowie was better than Boothroyd for example, but we are in such a state at the moment we are hardly an arractive proposition are we. I really dont know who id like as gaffer to be honest

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Just a couple of names I would like to put in to the mix.....

Dennis Wise - obviously got a bit of history at the club, could be hungry to prove himself again? My only worry would be that any success he had as a manager has been with Poyet.... who would be a great appointment, just a tad unrealistic.

Gary Johnson - Not sure if he has another job since leaving Peterborough? He got Bristol City playing some really good football and pretty much laid the foundations there, could he be an option?

I just think we need to be a bit realistic with choices.... O'Neil would obviously be amazing but we have got no chance!

Gary Johnson is at Northampton Town fella, so i can't see him leaving them for a smaller club!

ciel-bleu

If we can get him - Curbishley would be my choice. He has the record of building a promotion side with Charlton. Heard him on 5live this weekend and he sounded hungry to be involved again. He'd have to be absolutely starving to take the SISU poison chalice though. :mad:

malta900

Maybe one of us should become manager. i'd happly take 1,000 a week to manage us :) surley cant do worse then our current set up with the board we got. One way to save them some money ;)

skybluedan

zola poyet or curbishley would be good ive more chance of getting on the mrs nest than us getting o,neil so dont torment yourselfs
either way they will do shit we have no money and we will just ruin there cred like we do to everyone else
tell you what i would not manage the fuckers................................

anyone else heard Bobby Gould on Sky Sports News saying "if the door was knocking, I'd have to listen"

kevinleftpeg

Anyone who will adopt width & find us a couple of young quick nuggets to put the opposition on the back foot.

I have a soft spot for Eric Black. Reading that back, it may get me in trouble............

ccfc luke

Chris Hughton or O'neil although unlikely would be amazing and surely attract more fans to the ricoh - for the start anyway :)

CovKingChris

Facebook User
If a manager really wanted to get the team promoted, and really cared about the club they were at, they would take as little pay as possible for them to get by. Which means they could invest as much money as possible in to the club. I'd happily take £150 a week and manage the team.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Is Steve Tilson available?? He seems to be the only manager who can get Eastwood scoring for fun (sure he was his gaffer at Southend) :p:p

Seriously though, Di Matteo is the best option IMO.

Martin O'Neil or Sam Alladyce are no goes in terms of finance!! We couldnt afford them, let alone the players they would want to bring in!!

bishbosh

I reckon the two Hopes, Bob and No.

Seriously, given our recent history of progress, I think we need to look at someone from lower down the leagues who is able to work with (very) limited resources.

Users who are viewing this thread