New Keeper (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

Stop making excuses, he had the budget to bring in other players and O’Brien has been injured for ages I am hoping Robins rams my words down my throat and plays Addai will see later won’t we, that aside a manager neglects the goalie position at his peril and you my friend have just demonstrated what I said about social media and websites, Stockdale apparently according to you has a stomach of a “pub” player

Last edited:

Magwitch

Tbh Addai has to look at himself
He has all the attributes to be a keeper in 2019, very tall and a good 'footballer' you only have to watch him in the warm ups
He should be staying behind every session working on his weaknesses
But he's off as soon as the main sessions finish
He's a good lad but won't go much further unless he changes his attitude
What tosh ! Judging a goalkeeper by what he does in a fucking warm up, give me strength. I know for a fact he and other goalkeepers here including Burge do hours of extra practice at Ryton. As for warm ups if he’s part of the match day squad isn’t he wanted for the pre-match teamtalk ?

NortonSkyBlue

Stop making excuses, he had the budget to bring in other players and O’Brien has been injured for ages I am hoping Robins rams my words down my throat and plays Addai will see later won’t we, that aside a manager neglects the goalie position at his peril and you my friend have just demonstrated what I said about social media and websites, Stockdale apparently according to you has a stomach of a “pub” player
You seem to know everything regarding the budget, crystal ball and Robins amongst his many faults neglects the goalkeepers! You are certainly well connected. Or just another know it all?

For me this is a good signing albeit only for a week. Maybe we could extend or purchase in the summer if Burge rumour is true. I for one don't think we should be opting for Addai.

better days

What tosh ! Judging a goalkeeper by what he does in a fucking warm up, give me strength. I know for a fact he and other goalkeepers here including Burge do hours of extra practice at Ryton. As for warm ups if he’s part of the match day squad isn’t he wanted for the pre-match teamtalk ?
I've actually watched the lad play many games for the U23 side
He's weak on crosses and lacks concentration making him prone to silly mistakes - a bit like O'Brien
Maybe someone can ask Robins in interview why Addai hasn't had a chance
I stand by my earlier comments

Magwitch

He's weak on crosses and lacks concentration making him prone to silly mistakes - a bit like O'Brien
Then he should have been replaced in January.
As said there was a budget for players, you don’t have to be an expert on our finances to know that apart from the two we did sign there was the player that never turned up to sign. If Addai isn’t good enough and Robins chose to go through the season with just Burge as O’Brien has a long term problem that’s a big risky gamble.
But I’ll ask you a question Better Days as you have said you’ve seen him play for the U23s many times in your opinion will Addai ever be good enough, he is 21.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
There have to be concerns abt his level of fitness after being out of the picture at St Andrews for so long.
He looks very ‘chunky’ in the only photo I’ve seen of him in a Bham kit.

That said he does seem to be a pretty decent bloke judging by his twitter activity
Burge isn't exactly slim Jim though to be fair.

My worry is that he won't know any of our players and the defence.

Hobo

An Addai is shit and Stockdale is great thread based on fans who have seen neither play.

Some of our players must wish some of our fans were going out of contract in the summer.

better days

Then he should have been replaced in January.
As said there was a budget for players, you don’t have to be an expert on our finances to know that apart from the two we did sign there was the player that never turned up to sign. If Addai isn’t good enough and Robins chose to go through the season with just Burge as O’Brien has a long term problem that’s a big risky gamble.
But I’ll ask you a question Better Days as you have said you’ve seen him play for the U23s many times in your opinion will Addai ever be good enough, he is 21.
To be brutally honest unless he changes his attitude I'll be amazed if his contact is renewed at the end of the season

Last edited:

stevefloyd

If you asked a question like that I don't think you would get a true answer only a diplomatic one, he's hardly going to say he's shit and i can't trust him or anything

Terry Gibson's perm

No need to rush back from your injuries boys have a rest for the rest of the season and then clear off.

Alkhen

How long could we wangle this for i wonder, if Burge got fit could we still claim it was an emergency?

Also I wonder how much of his reportedly massive wages are we paying? I suppose there is a chance Brum feel its in their interest to get him playing and fit to play or leave at the earliest point in the summer

better days

How long could we wangle this for i wonder, if Burge got fit could we still claim it was an emergency?

Also I wonder how much of his reportedly massive wages are we paying? I suppose there is a chance Brum feel its in their interest to get him playing and fit to play or leave at the earliest point in the summer
At each 7 day extension an independent medical report needs to confirm that both our senior keepers are not fit to play
The keepers would have to be in on it to kid the independent doctor

Alkhen

At each 7 day extension an independent medical report needs to confirm that both our senior keepers are not fit to play

Cheers, not much chance of that happening and absolutely zero chance of Stockdale cancelling his contract at Birmingham

shmmeee

Cheers, not much chance of that happening and absolutely zero chance of Stockdale cancelling his contract at Birmingham

We couldn’t sign him even if he did. Would need to be out of contract before the window closed.

All round Burge’s house with ball bearings and banana skins it is then.

rob9872

We couldn’t sign him even if he did. Would need to be out of contract before the window closed.

All round Burge’s house with ball bearings and banana skins it is then.
Need to do LOB too as having him in is far scarier still for me.

Ricketts

Just use one of those doctors that do the whiplash claims. 99% made up (other statistics are available)

no_loyalty

David Stockdale is out of contract in June, although he is 35 he is an experienced Championship goalkeeper who I would like us to sign, I would get rid of Wilson and keep Marosi as number two.

Liquid Gold

David Stockdale is out of contract in June, although he is 35 he is an experienced Championship goalkeeper who I would like us to sign, I would get rid of Wilson and keep Marosi as number two.

giphy.gif

PVA

Would be happy to have him as number 2, though he might be expensive for backup, but would want better for number 1.

He's 35 and spent time in League Two this season.

no_loyalty

He's Wycombe's reserve, only playing because of an injury to... Ryan Allsop.

Not convinced Ryan Allsop's understudy is who we should be looking at for a season!

Allsop's also out of contract, it seems...

Allsop is not injured, he has been on the bench for weeks.

Magwitch1

Replace a 27 year old goalkeeper with one 36 next birthday who would probably want double even treble Marosi’s wage on at least a two year contract glad you ain’t manager. Marosi is okay he has had a difficult season playing behind an outfield that has chopped and changed in the early part of the season then sustaining a horror injury which I doubt has fully healed yet.

shepardo01

Pretty sure Robins will be in the market for a new keeper.
He was in January but it did not work out. I know he enquired about Lee Grant at least.

Users who are viewing this thread