New Independent Supporters Club - Open Meeting (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashbyjan

All invited to new independent supporters club meeting at Squirrel Greyfriars Lane Cov CV1 2GY - 7.30 Tue 29th May - pls come and shape our future - remember its OUR club.
This is not an anti-SISU protest group or anti anything its meant to be a pro-supporter group now and in the future, whoever the owners are.

Main aims are:
- Represent th efans in dialogue with the club - ultimately having board level representation
- Help position the club at the hub of the community
- Improve the supporter experience and encourage increased support for club
- Position the fans as stakeholders in club

Any ideas or comments e-mail [email protected]

Lord_Nampil

abit to far for me to trek from Derbyshire, though would like to know plans and what ideas are being put forward.

rob9872

Good luck with this but if you think you will get board level representation lol !

They may eventually offer your group a token seat but you can bet your last £1 that there will be two boards, two agendas and only one with power. They will do as much or as little as they want to and blow just enough smoke up your arse to make you feel important. You'll readily accept this propaganda and do their PR work for them for all those gullible enough to be taken in by proceedings ... but like I say, good luck with it!

ccfcchris

Nice one jan. Will be there. A lot of hot air on this forum but here is your chance to actually do something so get yourselves along.

percy

was you not at the helm of the save our city group recently? just wondering what the difference is between that group and this group. appologies if ive missed something btw

ccfcchris

Good luck with this but if you think you will get board level representation lol !

They may eventually offer your group a token seat but you can bet your last £1 that there will be two boards, two agendas and only one with power. They will do as much or as little as they want to and blow just enough smoke up your arse to make you feel important. You'll readily accept this propaganda and do their PR work for them for all those gullible enough to be taken in by proceedings ... but like I say, good luck with it!

If enough turn up and raise funds and get noticed it's possible. You've taken the easy option of posting here and just moaning about it all.

rob9872

If enough turn up and raise funds and get noticed it's possible. You've taken the easy option of posting here and just moaning about it all.

And you've taken the even easier of option of thinking you can make a difference. The ONLY way we can influence what goes on is to support the team when they play. All off-field issues are fruitless, pointless and tbh have nothing to do with us. We've seen that much bigger protests at United Liverpool and even Blackburn have ultimately ended in failure so unless there is a credible financial alternative (and there isn't) it would be better if all concerned left it to those with the the purse strings and the real power.

Fwiw why should this particular supporters group be any different or have a greater voice than the last one or the original supporters club or the sky blue trust or whatever splinter groups there might be? Should they all have a say? It would be better if the egos got behind an existing motion than keep setting up new ones, but I gues they like to be in 'charge' and would have to work to get any disciples at the others. All it does is gives it zero credibility ... imo of course.

ashbyjan

Percy - basically SOC was aimed solely at protesting against SISU and raising awareness of the complete horlicks they have made of OUR club and to that end it succeeded in its own limited way but this is not a protest group , it is not anti SISU or pro Hoff or anything like that. It is simply for the supporters to have a representative organisation that can, on their behalf, raise issues and concerns, make suggestions and try and ensure the club makes decisions for the good of the supporters. It is not dependent on who the clubs owners are, as owners come and go but supporters are the true constant for any club.

CJparker

Good luck with it, but I worry how long will it be before interest wanes again, followed by yet another new supporters' group?

The only way this will work is if the club members agree a common purpose, a coherent strategy for obtaining its objective, and sufficient enthusiasm and manpower from the members to realistically make it happen.

SOC failed because (almost) everyone wanted to get rid of SISU, but it was never really clear how the protests would lead to changes, and once this inevitably led to a lack of progress, enthusiasm died on the vine pretty quickly.

I'd advise the new group to agree on some realistic and achievable goals, stick to them, and then just get on with it. All the best.

ccfcchris

And you've taken the even easier of option of thinking you can make a difference. The ONLY way we can influence what goes on is to support the team when they play. All off-field issues are fruitless, pointless and tbh have nothing to do with us. We've seen that much bigger protests at United Liverpool and even Blackburn have ultimately ended in failure so unless there is a credible financial alternative (and there isn't) it would be better if all concerned left it to those with the the purse strings and the real power.

Fwiw why should this particular supporters group be any different or have a greater voice than the last one or the original supporters club or the sky blue trust or whatever splinter groups there might be? Should they all have a say? It would be better if the egos got behind an existing motion than keep setting up new ones, but I gues they like to be in 'charge' and would have to work to get any disciples at the others. All it does is gives it zero credibility ... imo of course.

What a pathetic attitude to take. Fans like you deserve the club they've have got.

ashbyjan

CJ - we all learned a lot from the SOC saga and hopefully can make this work long term - why not come along and add your voice to proceedings?

rob9872

What a pathetic attitude to take. Fans like you deserve the club they've have got.

Pathetic how exactly? And deserve? Lol you havent the first clue. At least offer me a constructive argument as to each of my points that are invalid (and preferably back them up with facts as opposed to insults). What 'fans like me' desrve is to be able to watch their team and support their team how they choose to without question from others. If you're some kind of superfan far more worthy than I (who incidentally has held a season ticket for almost all of the past 30 seasons and has visited 50+ away stadiums) then please enlighten me.

mattylad

All invited to new independent supporters club meeting at Squirrel Greyfriars Lane Cov CV1 2GY - 7.30 Tue 29th May - pls come and shape our future - remember its OUR club.
This is not an anti-SISU protest group or anti anything its meant to be a pro-supporter group now and in the future, whoever the owners are.

Main aims are:
- Represent th efans in dialogue with the club - ultimately having board level representation
- Help position the club at the hub of the community
- Improve the supporter experience and encourage increased support for club
- Position the fans as stakeholders in club

Any ideas or comments e-mail [email protected]

[Hi just interested to know who has shaped the four objectives and were they floated within the skyblue community to see if they truly reflect the wishes of the fans? I only ask because where an aim includes board level representation it is open to nothing bar criticism unless the view is that of the masses.

I am working away on the 29th however if I can get back to cov in time I will come along and listen to whats being said ]

CJparker

Pathetic how exactly? And deserve? Lol you havent the first clue. At least offer me a constructive argument as to each of my points that are invalid (and preferably back them up with facts as opposed to insults). What 'fans like me' desrve is to be able to watch their team and support their team how they choose to without question from others. If you're some kind of superfan far more worthy than I (who incidentally has held a season ticket for almost all of the past 30 seasons and has visited 50+ away stadiums) then please enlighten me.

Rob I think you are right to be realistic (depressing though it is to admit), but the reason I think for the hostility of others is that clearly some fans are going out of their way to do something, to give a bit of hope, and you are somewhat peeing on their bonfire before they've even lit the matches.

Give them a chance, you never know, it might work out. I too have my doubts (see above) but I hope they succeed and won't discourage them at this point. After all, if fans can't do anything then what's the harm in trying? At least we re-gain some self-respect, even if you think this is deluded. Even if it only makes a tiny difference, then surely it has to be worth it.

CJparker

I would like to actually, but work in London / live in Newbury, so physically can't make it. My main non-match contribution to the fanbase is as a member of the London Supporters Club, would probably be stretching the rest of my time to add a second Sky Blue club to my social commitments!

Brighton Sky Blue

Rob, don't think it's wrong to be realistic, but I do think it's harsh to be cynical of people trying to go out there and *do* things above and beyond just going to games.

rob9872

I hope they succeed too, but I don't see why they can't all put their personal issues aside and get behind the same vehicle instead of thinking there are many ways to 'skin the cat'. I would even welcom ManUre supporting Nat Cox if it wasn't her own agenda. All of these people Jan, NAt, Gary who runs the coaches all of the groups - get together and dont keep starting new groups. Use the official supporters club as the vehicle, get Kev Monks (who I also berate at times) as he is a passionate fan, get all the forums involved to unite behind it. I'm sure you see what I'm saying but unfortunately these people (imo) couldn't accept a democratic leader. As soon as they disagreed it would be toys out of the pram and I suspect instead of channeling all that energy to achieve a common cause they would spend more time debating who should take the chair.

Brighton Sky Blue

I would like to actually, but work in London / live in Newbury, so physically can't make it. My main non-match contribution to the fanbase is as a member of the London Supporters Club, would probably be stretching the rest of my time to add a second Sky Blue club to my social commitments!

How active is the CCLSC?

percy

Percy - basically SOC was aimed solely at protesting against SISU and raising awareness of the complete horlicks they have made of OUR club and to that end it succeeded in its own limited way but this is not a protest group , it is not anti SISU or pro Hoff or anything like that. It is simply for the supporters to have a representative organisation that can, on their behalf, raise issues and concerns, make suggestions and try and ensure the club makes decisions for the good of the supporters. It is not dependent on who the clubs owners are, as owners come and go but supporters are the true constant for any club.

fair play to you aj. it wasnt a loaded reply, i was just wondering what happened to you regarding soc. thanks for clarifying it. and good luck with the new venture

dongonzalos

Fairplay

However you may want to reconsider your choice of night

That is when Coldplay are at the Ricoh.

There maybe a lot of Cov fans at that

ccfcjohn

can't make it as got Coldplay tickets - but that in itself is another point of frustration, 4 of us going have paid around £240 for our tickets, will have a few beers, maybe something to eat, and pay for parking. yet this is of no benefit at all to the football club.
now Coldplay will sell out no matter where they play, but if the football club benefited from other events at the Ricoh, even those less popular, i as a CCFC fan would be more inclined to support the events knowing a proportion of the revenue would go back into the club. which comes back to the same old story of whoever the owners are we have to purchase some or preferably all of the ground to survuve and prosper!!!

anyway good luck to all those involved, keep us posted of any developments. i genuinely hope the main outcome of the meeting is a positive move forward, we all need to stop living in the past and hatred of SISU, while they are the only option we have we need to accept what they are doing and do our bit as fans to support the team as much as we can

mark82

Is this the People's Front of Judea branch or the Judean People's Front?

It's the only one I've seen trying to do anything at the moment. Some of you that moan would be as well to get down there and constructively have your say.

One thing I would say is that whoever leads should be elected democratically.

ccfcjohn

as i already said i cant make it on the night otherwise i would of fully supported any positive action. in my day job i have had several experiences of working with a disgruntled unionised workforce, who have got a group together to try and make a difference and get a point across to senior management. based on those experiences some words of advised for those organising this:

* make sure there is a clear agenda for the meeting, covering all neccessarry points and not getting too sidetracked
* any leaders/spokespersons need to be doing it for the right reasons and have the backing of the vast majority of supporters
* any points to be put to SISU or CCFC need to be diplomatic, well researched and backed up with facts where possible
* emotions can very often over cloud judgement of fact. keep things calm and in order, take the emotion out of it where possible and discuss the facts that we all have
* i suggest the 1st meeting is purely to sound out the majority of supporters on their view of the 4 points you have already raised, agree on the main objectives of the group, and finish with a plan of how to move forward

hope that doesn't sound like i'm trying to be pedantic or treat anyone like idiots, i've came up against several 'protest groups' in the past that are poorly organised and represented, high on emotion, lacking facts/evidence, and immediately are dismissed without serious consideration

good luck with the meeting, see you at the next one!

lordsummerisle

It's the only one I've seen trying to do anything at the moment. Some of you that moan would be as well to get down there and constructively have your say.

One thing I would say is that whoever leads should be elected democratically.

As long as it maintains a cool distance between itself and the owners it will be worthwhile.

Too often these things have become a pally "in" club and just mouthpieces of various factions.

The SOC campaign became the Hoffman/Elliot show,and the Sky Blue Trust in the past was rather too close to the previous regime, even awarding Teflon Joe a life membership for services to getting City into the shit even deeper than he did before.

The Reverend Skyblue

I say good luck to you Jan

Just don't get to pally with the club is my advice as you will lose support, do not accept any freebies offered to you from the club. To succeed you have to earn trust and more importantly respect, and getting involved withn the clubs hospitality will break any trust you have built up

I will if possible come along to a future meeting as I'm away for this one.

The Rev

wingy

It'll be fine if it is democratic and follows the mandate from the floor ,and responses from sites like this if you throw it out there Jan,but it should'nt be ridiculed,anyone who tries to effect change deserves credit for getting off their arse.

WillieStanley

My second child is due any day now, so unfortunately I can't make it. I'd love to but it's just not an option at the moment. Any chance of jumping on board at a later stage?

lordsummerisle

My second child is due any day now, so unfortunately I can't make it. I'd love to but it's just not an option at the moment. Any chance of jumping on board at a later stage?

Depends how the birth goes really, sometimes can take a bit of time before getting the chance to jump aboard again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread