"New ground" latest (1 Viewer)

Hobo

No news then

skybluetony176

not much of an update. its nothing we didn't already know. clearly sh1tsu are upping the rhetoric ahead of the JR appeal.

Covstu

Nothing news story really! Interesting comment around 'academy and sports hub', doesnt directly mean it is a new ground does it??

Also what is happening with the bees??

sky blue john

How many potential sites have they got on the go ?
I just think cbrembecrmbre are just buzzzing up their fee !!!!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If Brandon is to become a new academy site I wonder what the agreement with Alan Higgs Centre is in terms of length of tenure?

Sky Blues

Anyone else get the impression Les Reid is suspicious about whether Sisu will build a new stadium? He's now doing what Footy Law blog did this summer and asking neighbouring authorities whether they've been approached.

The article says:
"Last month, Rugby Borough Council maintained it had still received no approach from any party acting for Coventry City interested in buying the Brandon site.

"The Telegraph has today asked all borough and district councils in Warwickshire bordering Coventry’s administrative boundary whether any approach has been made, for planning or any other purpose."

mattylad

If they were 100% comitted to Fish faces plan A then they wouldnt still be trying to derail the 14m loan agreement between CCC and ACL.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What is the due diligence you have to do over the purchase of a plot of land? Isn't it just the land searches usually done by solicitors and approaching the planning authorities? There might of course be a land audit to see if land is suitable and to be carried out by buyer? How long would that take ? Arent the removal or settlement of charges over the property usually the problem of the vendor and settled out of the proceeds? What other due diligence is there? Just curious.

Last edited:

mattylad

What is the due diligence you have to do over the purchase of a plot of land? Isn't it just the land searches usually done by solicitors and approaching the planning authorities? There might of course be a land audit to see if land is suitable and to be carried out by buyer but what else is due diligence? Arent the removal or settlement of charges over the property usually the problem of the vendor and settled out of the proceeds? What other due diligence is there? Just curious.
Flaura and Fauna on that site

skybluelee

Every time I read something about this 'new stadium' I am oversome with the urge to punch the nearest person in the face. Which can be problematic if I'm watching Peppa Pig with my youngest daughter.

Fuck off Fisher/Sepalla, you lying pieces of shit, so that we can bring our club home.

bezzer

Every time I read something about this 'new stadium' I am oversome with the urge to punch the nearest person in the face. Which can be problematic if I'm watching Peppa Pig with my youngest daughter.

Fuck off Fisher/Sepalla, you lying pieces of shit, so that we can bring our club home.

An anger management class is coming to a place near you soon! Stay strong.

davebart

What is the due diligence you have to do over the purchase of a plot of land? Isn't it just the land searches usually done by solicitors and approaching the planning authorities? There might of course be a land audit to see if land is suitable and to be carried out by buyer? How long would that take ? Arent the removal or settlement of charges over the property usually the problem of the vendor and settled out of the proceeds? What other due diligence is there? Just curious.

maybe they are also buying the Brandon Bees.

Snozz_is_god

I feel the same, but remember this piece is regurditated crap from our man Les.

asb

Anyone else get the impression Les Reid is suspicious about whether Sisu will build a new stadium? He's now doing what Footy Law blog did this summer and asking neighbouring authorities whether they've been approached.

The article says:
"Last month, Rugby Borough Council maintained it had still received no approach from any party acting for Coventry City interested in buying the Brandon site.

"The Telegraph has today asked all borough and district councils in Warwickshire bordering Coventry’s administrative boundary whether any approach has been made, for planning or any other purpose."

Not sure if this is new information. It certainly does not prove they are doing anything.

And yes that blog did a piece along the same lines. They however do not have the access that Mr Reid enjoys with the sources.

Lets take them at their word, for now. Though it might be worth checking the information provided by CBRE.

That's good investigatory journalism, don't just take their word for it check. The last time this was asked by people other then the Telegraph it came back as a No. I wonder what the answers will be this time as it is suggested:-

"It [CBRE] claims it remains the case that the relevant council had been approached for two of those four sites."

So this time there is a good chance that it will be a yes response. They are Councils after all are subject to the FOI Act. So the responses should be newsworthy when all the Councils are asked that have authority over:-

"sites within six miles of the city centre, as measured by Coventry Council House."

The evidence of them doing something must be out there. I await the information and not just the suggestion.

Sky Blues

Not sure if this is new information. It certainly does not prove they are doing anything.

And yes that blog did a piece along the same lines. They however do not have the access that Mr Reid enjoys with the sources.

Lets take them at their word, for now. Though it might be worth checking the information provided by CBRE.

That's good investigatory journalism, don't just take their word for it check. The last time this was asked by people other then the Telegraph it came back as a No. I wonder what the answers will be this time as it is suggested:-

"It [CBRE] claims it remains the case that the relevant council had been approached for two of those four sites."

So this time there is a good chance that it will be a yes response. They are Councils after all are subject to the FOI Act. So the responses should be newsworthy when all the Councils are asked that have authority over:-

"sites within six miles of the city centre, as measured by Coventry Council House."

The evidence of them doing something must be out there. I await the information and not just the suggestion.

Just to be clear, I wasn't having a pop at anyone, just seeing if anyone else was picking up similar reading-between-the-line vibes or whether I was imagining it.

ecky

Fisher has been really quiet lately over the new stadium? I wonder if its not going to happen?
Erm!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Hasn't the FOI request of neighbouring councils been done already? Was it by the guy who's article incensed Our Les and led to his Twitter tirade? The feedback returned was that nobody had heard of Fisher and or his representatives. Make of that what you will

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Sorry; it's here:

http://footylaw.co.uk/tag/sisu/

The element being:

Using the Freedom of Information Act, the Footy Law Blog asked Coventry City Council and all six neighbouring local authorities whether their planning offers had “engaged in formal conversations with third parties over the past 36 months about any proposed new sporting stadia within the council boundary area”.

The local authorities were also asked for the number sites discussed as a proposed location for any new stadia; whether any discussions were still on-going; and whether the planning department had received any indication that a planning application for new sporting stadia was to be expected.”

The local authorities were deliberately not asked for the identity of any third parties engaged in such discussions: such a request was likely to have been refused on the basis that the information was exempt from disclosure on the grounds that it would breach the Data Protection Act or prejudice the third parties’ commercial interests.
In response to the requests, Coventry City Council – which covers the area that the Football League regulations say CCFC should be based (not that the Football League has followed its regulations in its handling of CCFC’s move away from the Ricoh Stadium) – say that its planning department “has not engaged in formal conversations with third parties over the past 36 months about any proposed new sporting stadia within the council boundary area” and that it has “not received any indication that a planning application for new sporting stadia is expected.”

The same is true of North Warwickshire Borough Council, Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council, Stratford upon Avon District Council and Warwick District Council.
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council was slightly more nuanced: it’s head of development control said that she was “not aware” of any formal conversations with anyone about a new sporting stadium; and that no planning application was expected.

Rugby Borough Council, on the other hand, has had discussions with third parties during the past three years about proposed new sporting stadia. Six locations were identified but discussions “primarily revolved around one specific location.” Those discussions are no longer on-going and the planning department has received no notification that a planning application should be expected.

So, the question remains: “Where does Tim Fisher plan to build CCFC’s new stadium?”

Or, perhaps a more pertinent question is: “Does Tim Fisher really plan to build a new stadium for CCFC?”

Last edited:

davebart

He only asked if official approaches had been made. At what point would a council call it an official approach? when an application is submitted?

Having said this on something the size of a stadium anything other than an official approach will not get you anywhere.

Hobo

Problems with Brandon:
Contested ownership and unpaid tax
Road infrastructure
Rugby council resistance to development
Listed buildings
Residents are anti development

Actually it seems right up SISU's street?

Very interesting how LR has punctuated the article with information on what the CT had done in the past on this subject. In fairness to LR this is a simple reporting of some facts (Some repeated from the past some updates)

This sudden flurry of activity given the long period of inactivity from SISU is just to remind people that they, in their own minds are still in charge. But as most of us I think now agree, SISU are loosing control and the NOPM campaign must be getting to them. It is notable that there are no new comments from Timothy Fisher or Ms Seppala. All the talking is being done by some poor lass from CBRE. Timothy can't face the music so gets an anonymous lady to talk for him.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Problems with Brandon:
Contested ownership and unpaid tax
Road infrastructure
Rugby council resistance to development
Listed buildings
Residents are anti development

Actually it seems right up SISU's street?

Add to that it would gridlock the relief road running down to TGI Friday's in both directions; from Baginton and from Walsgrave - therefore adding to the congestion problems for ambulances headed for University Hospital. This is already - without additional traffic - a discussion point. It would be lunacy that would, not perhaps, that would cause delays to emergency traffic and therefore endanger lives.

I can't even believe this folly has got this far :censored:

asb

Hasn't the FOI request of neighbouring councils been done already? Was it by the guy who's article incensed Our Les and led to his Twitter tirade? The feedback returned was that nobody had heard of Fisher and or his representatives. Make of that what you will

The information held by the Councils will change with time. What dates did the original request go in? I am unsure, but was the original requests done before SISU appointed CBRE to act on their behalf? It is highly likely that information could change between the Councils responding to that FOI and the new Telegraph led request, As people make approaches all year round. The councils also have no duty to contact previous FOI Askers to update their requests.

The only way to check is to ask again.

As CBRE are claiming they have done it, the councils might respond in a different way. If they all still say no, then the conclusion we can draw is that they are not as far along the new stadium route as they are claiming they are. Make of that what you will.

*Edit* To answer my own question the blog quotes the following time frame for the requests

The FOI requests were made in separate emails to the local authorities on 12th August 2013. On 13th August the request to Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council was clarified to make clear that the question referred to large sporting stadia with spectator seating rather small community facilities. Responses were received in the period from 13th August 2013 to 6th September 2013.

Last edited:

SkyBlueSid

I believe they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of getting planning permission at Brandon. The locals seem to have plenty of clout, and the road access is notoriously poor, so that alone would kill off the plans. Appeals processes could take years too. So I think the club are using this as a delaying tactic to draw out the process. They can also do their usual trick of blaming everyone else when it goes tits-up.

The other consideration is that the land owners have apparently wanted to sell it for housing for years, but have been unable to get planning permission. The Bees could be the next of the City's sports teams to move, either to Perry Barr or Leicester, or fold altogether.

Hobo

Sandhu couldn't even get permission for a car boot sale on it!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The information held by the Councils will change with time. What dates did the original request go in? I am unsure, but was the original requests done before SISU appointed CBRE to act on their behalf? It is highly likely that information could change between the Councils responding to that FOI and the new Telegraph led request, As people make approaches all year round. The councils also have no duty to contact previous FOI Askers to update their requests.

The only way to check is to ask again.

As CBRE are claiming they have done it, the councils might respond in a different way. If they all still say no, then the conclusion we can draw is that they are not as far along the new stadium route as they are claiming they are. Make of that what you will.

Quite true. The article was written in September - so last month.

CBRE were speaking on behalf of SISU as far back as May. Indeed by that point, they claimed they were close to acquiring a site:

http://www.football.co.uk/coventry_...se_to_acquiring_stadium_site_rss4224420.shtml

May and September are 4 months separated. My guess would be that if they were 'close' in May, they'd have approached at least one council in the period I am assuming the FOI was completed in.

As such, hold a firm view as to the seriousness of this 'venture'

Users who are viewing this thread