New deal for shipperz (2 Viewers)

wingy

Progress!!
Well deserved hope it continues.
Did wonder if someone in L1 might utilise him after his evolvement last season.

no_loyalty

Great news for us.

Can see Shipley being a one club man.

djr8369

Just watched his goals on the video the club have tweeted. He doesn’t always hit the ball cleanly, sometimes there’s a deflection or rebound, but he does have the tenacity and work rate to get in those positions and make something happen and on a regular basis. Scored some important goals.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Great news, well deserved. Wonderful to have a fan in that dressing room and he gets better every year! Surprised it was only a 2 year deal, though.

shmmeee

Great news, well deserved. Wonderful to have a fan in that dressing room and he gets better every year! Surprised it was only a 2 year deal, though.

Was last time as well, also just after we’d been promoted. Maybe a little hedging if bets about whether he can step up.

Liquid Gold

I also really like, and it's shown in the video, his desire to get forward, he's so often the most advanced player on the pitch and perfectly fills in when Godden drops deep to link up play.

Magwitch

Ffs ! Having an off day is not letting the team down there isn’t a player in the country anywhere at at any level who plays the same or better every week I include Messi, Ronaldo in that list. I’ve yet to see Shipley not it a shift in.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Slightly surprised but pleased for him all the same. Not sure he will cut it at Championship level, as thought based on what I seen last season Westbrooke offered us more, and Shipperz has often been inconsistent but did find better form last year.
Either way it’s great to see academy lads making the grade with us and sticking with us

larry_david

Shipley has a touch of culture about him. He links with Godden and I hate well, is actually half decent in the air and is getting more physical. Only have to look through the ccfc gallery since he made his debut.

He's also willing to get forward and I'll back him on his left peg at the edge of the area. His stats of 7 league 1 goals and something like 6 assists just shows his worth. He now needs to step up again as he did get dropped behind o hare and Walsh (no shame in that)

Nonleagueherewecome

Slightly surprised but pleased for him all the same. Not sure he will cut it at Championship level, as thought based on what I seen last season Westbrooke offered us more, and Shipperz has often been inconsistent but did find better form last year.
Either way it’s great to see academy lads making the grade with us and sticking with us
I think that is down to him playing centrally, in his natural position. He was never a wide-left, but did a job there when he was cutting his teeth. I'd say he's been something of a revelation since playing consistently in the middle and the No.10 role is perfect for him. And he does have a cracking understanding with Godden.

Agreed that Westbrooke was quality last season, but I'd rank Shippers above him.

cc84cov

Shipley has a touch of culture about him. He links with Godden and I hate well, is actually half decent in the air and is getting more physical. Only have to look through the ccfc gallery since he made his debut.

He's also willing to get forward and I'll back him on his left peg at the edge of the area. His stats of 7 league 1 goals and something like 6 assists just shows his worth. He now needs to step up again as he did get dropped behind o hare and Walsh (no shame in that)
A touch ? Sometimes his touch is great others it’s shocking there is no in between with him lol

ccfcway

Ffs ! Having an off day is not letting the team down there isn’t a player in the country anywhere at at any level who plays the same or better every week I include Messi, Ronaldo in that list. I’ve yet to see Shipley not it a shift in.

Can’t see any negativity on this thread ?

It’s a win win for me. He gets rewarded for his efforts and we have a player under contract who at worst will command a fee to a league one club

Last edited:

duffer

I’m glad too. Gets stuck in and seems to pop up all over the pitch.

Happy knack of scoring key goals too, which I think is a reflection of his work rate as much as his finishing. Would be great to see him push on even more next season...

Users who are viewing this thread