New contracts (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

needed soon for Kelly, McFadzean. Max and Baka................. who would get one and how long for??

shmmeee

Kelly 2 years, Fadz and Biamou 1 year, Baka thanks but no thanks.

Few going into last year of contract as well aren’t there?

Assuming we stay up:

This. I’d offer Jody a pay as you play cheap deal so he can pay his rent for a year and hopefully come back here or find his place in the game if not.

Thompson, Williams, Bremang are all up I believe. They can all go IMO.

In the summer:

Pask, Mason and Kasta entering their last year, get them off the books if we can. Hilßner two years left but if he hasn’t made it onto the pitch by the end of the year I’d sell. Wilson I’d sell and get a new first team GK in. Allen as well if someone will have him.

End up with this squad, new signings or loans for new players:

GK/Marosi
CB/Hyam
Østigård (signed on a free lol)/McFadz
Rose/Drysdale/[Dacosta]
Dabo/Dacosta
LWB/LWB
Hamer/CM/Shipley
Kelly/Sheaf/Eccles
AM/O’Hare/Jones
Jobello/Bapaga
ST/Biamou
Godden/Walker

• Poo
Reactions: TTG

Blind-Faith

Renew Kelly and Mcfadz, Biamou if we can’t find 2 strikers, get rid of Baka.

Jones on a low risk 1 year contract

Sell Shipley , Allen , Kasta and Pask

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Ignoring Camp who's on a short contract as cover and Hyam with a one year option

Bakayoko - release. I want him to do well but he just doesn't have that fire.
Biamou - 1 year unless a decent option of a similar style to replace both him and Baka is on the cards
Jones - pay as you play. Been injured for three years and unproven outside of a good start to a season in L2. Want him to do well but we're not a convalescent hospital.
Kelly - 2 years. Makes our midfield tick. Looking at someone like Sheaf or Eccles to be moulded into the role long term
Fadz - 1 year unless an experienced younger replacement of the same mould and with the leadership credentials is available. Unlikely osti will be affordable but if we could get him if we lost Fadz from the wage bill it's a worthwhile trade off.

Billson - maybe 1+1. Plays a lot for U23.
Bartlett - unsure. Been injured for a while but again plays regularly at U23 and is young. 1+1 at most
Bremang - release. Doesn't seem to be pushing towards that first team spot or likely to soon.
J Burroughs - 1+1. Features regularly in U23 and in pre-season out of position. Versatile and worth persevering with a bit longer
Newton - 1+1. Another regular in U23 and we're not blessed with our own left sided defenders at the moment
N'Gandu - unsure. Has faded from being the next big thing but heard he did well on loan. Still a teenager even though feels like he's been around for ages. 1+1 again maybe.
Thompson - release. Had a while but not really challenging for the first team despite regular bench appearances. Needs to be looking to play regularly before too long.
Williams - probably release. Looked like MR saw him as a real prospect for quite a while but faded from the picture recently. Another who needs to be playing.
Young - probably release. Another who isn't making the inroads he needs and should look for somewhere he'll be playing regularly
Lafferty (I think) - given an extra year scholarship due to injury and featured a bit for U23. Needs to do more in that group over the next six months to get that extended.

Others on contracts with unknown finish dates.
Rowe - if out of contract consider a 1+1 deal.
Howley (almost certainly a longer term deal as he's only first year academy)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Ignoring Camp who's on a short contract as cover and Hyam with a one year option

Bakayoko - release. I want him to do well but he just doesn't have that fire.
Biamou - 1 year unless a decent option of a similar style to replace both him and Baka is on the cards
Jones - pay as you play. Been injured for three years and unproven outside of a good start to a season in L2. Want him to do well but we're not a convalescent hospital.
Kelly - 2 years. Makes our midfield tick. Looking at someone like Sheaf or Eccles to be moulded into the role long term
Fadz - 1 year unless an experienced younger replacement of the same mould and with the leadership credentials is available. Unlikely osti will be affordable but if we could get him if we lost Fadz from the wage bill it's a worthwhile trade off.

Billson - maybe 1+1. Plays a lot for U23.
Bartlett - unsure. Been injured for a while but again plays regularly at U23 and is young. 1+1 at most
Bremang - release. Doesn't seem to be pushing towards that first team spot or likely to soon.
J Burroughs - 1+1. Features regularly in U23 and in pre-season out of position. Versatile and worth persevering with a bit longer
Newton - 1+1. Another regular in U23 and we're not blessed with our own left sided defenders at the moment
N'Gandu - unsure. Has faded from being the next big thing but heard he did well on loan. Still a teenager even though feels like he's been around for ages. 1+1 again maybe.
Thompson - release. Had a while but not really challenging for the first team despite regular bench appearances. Needs to be looking to play regularly before too long.
Williams - probably release. Looked like MR saw him as a real prospect for quite a while but faded from the picture recently. Another who needs to be playing.
Young - probably release. Another who isn't making the inroads he needs and should look for somewhere he'll be playing regularly
Lafferty (I think) - given an extra year scholarship due to injury and featured a bit for U23. Needs to do more in that group over the next six months to get that extended.

Others on contracts with unknown finish dates.
Rowe - if out of contract consider a 1+1 deal.
Howley (almost certainly a longer term deal as he's only first year academy)
I think Ostigard is out of contract. Ideally to sign him we need both us and Brighton to stay up

cc84cov

Jodi Jones pay as you play,he’s took up some of the budget this year again to be injured we can’t keep doing it.

SBAndy

I’m wondering whether we could see Liam Kelly transition through into the coaching team eventually. Would seem to have the type of qualities you’d want from a coach.

Reactions: AOM

Mucca Mad Boys

Definite contracts for McFadz and Kelly. As for Biamou and Baka, we’ve got the luxury of time to see if they can prove their worth for more seasons.

Biamou looks more likely to secure a new deal so far.

AFCCOVENTRY

Kelly defo not sure if Kyle will get another contract considering he will be 34 in Feb. The others will all be let go I would have thought to free up slots for newer players for the champ.

Hobo

Kasteneer has to be favourite to go?
Kelly one year with one year option.
McFadz possibly 1 year.
Biamou and Baka, can't see happening.
My heart says a contract to Jodi but we might just move on....

rob9872

None will command a fee so without knowing their salary, it will depend in all cases on what alternatives for similar budget. All potentially replaceable but would be nice to reward their service of the numbers fit.

higgs

None will command a fee so without knowing their salary, it will depend in all cases on what alternatives for similar budget. All potentially replaceable but would be nice to reward their service of the numbers fit.
I'd imagine we would be their best options anyway in contract terms can't imagine any other championship teams tapping them up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Frostie

There's no rush for any of these, I can't see many eyeing up moves to Scotland or further afield so we'll take our time & come to the right decisions I'm sure.

McFadz is a great fit for our team & is coping ok at this level. You'd struggle to replace what he brings without spending some serious cash.
Kelly often seems older than he is but at only 30 a new deal seems inevitable.

rob9872

I'd imagine we would be their best options anyway in contract terms can't imagine any other championship teams tapping them up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Agree, but I meant in the club's favour not the player.

covboy1987

Think Jodi's contract is up to at the end of the year?
I'd give him another year to not rush him back and see how he progresses
McFadz possibly 1 year.
I would have thought and hoped that Jodi will get a new contract Due to a number of factors -The fact that the hard work behind the scenes by Jodi and his medical staff more that deserve a new contract - Jodi has only just turned 23 and has years ahead of him - What he has demonstrated is that he has been on the canvass three times and got up again – he also says that he is more than confident at getting back as he has had two new knees – It’s always a risk as a football club handing out a contract to a perceived injury prone player, but financially so far, I would have thought insurance have helped out on wages – New contracts going forwrad can also be designed on basic pay and appearances – I think he will get a new two year contract as he has come back very strongly from the first two injuries, why would he not come back strongly a third time

better days

McFadz possibly 1 year.
Kasta will go in January if someone will take him
Pretty much exhausted his chances here now

Hobo

I would have thought and hoped that Jodi will get a new contract Due to a number of factors -The fact that the hard work behind the scenes by Jodi and his medical staff more that deserve a new contract - Jodi has only just turned 23 and has years ahead of him - What he has demonstrated is that he has been on the canvass three times and got up again – he also says that he is more than confident at getting back as he has had two new knees – It’s always a risk as a football club handing out a contract to a perceived injury prone player, but financially so far, I would have thought insurance have helped out on wages – New contracts going forwrad can also be designed on basic pay and appearances – I think he will get a new two year contract as he has come back very strongly from the first two injuries, why would he not come back strongly a third time

But professional sport - football and rugby is more cynical than that. So far injuries have out weighed his potential. Do you stick or twist?

Users who are viewing this thread