New captain (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

left the club for more money, failed and returned, never to find previous form. He is from Cov, make him captain....BLAH BLAH BLAH

coventry we're in the championship he was being offered prem football he had 2 great seasons with brum i am told then wasn't great after but if you wouldn't want top play in the premier league then your an idiot

skybluegod

Tbh i would like sheffers to get it as i said before but really it should be a player in the centre of the park who can dictate play so CB or CM if wood stays give it to him if he goes kilbane

Yorkshire SB

As you say he is a leader. Who better to have as captain than a leader?

Yeah I appreciate that but a captain needs to be a player who is playing 40+ games a season and realistically he won't. Has Kilbane much experience as a captain as well, I'm unsure?

kg82

Why is it realistic kilbane won't play the majority if games? He got injured last season but as far as I know that's one of his only big injuries in 15-16 years! Kilbane or Thomas for captain with me.

aodea

would not be mad about Kilbane being captain. from what i have seen he is a quiet enough footballer on the pitch. My main problem is that he will prob be only at the club for a year> i would like thomas to be vice and Mcsheffery to be Captain. The captains armband may improve McSheffery as well. Some players really take it on board.

I think Jennings should be captain of Coventry City. I don't think vice captaincy would be the making of Conor Thomas, I think it would be unnecessary and I'm not sure he is vocal or commanding enough to suit the role. I wouldn't let it near Sheffers and I don't really see Kilbane as skipper. So, press on with signing Jennings, let's have a tenacious leader in the middle of the park, 'Doyle + footballing talent', if you will.

rob9872

Kilbane realistically won't play all of the games. Thomas for the future but needs to learn his trade and will do that next to Kilbane. Wood not certain to stay, Sheffers not right for the job.

I'm not in the goalkeepers shouldn't be captains camp, so for me Murphy, who is likely to play every game, is not a new addition and is likely to stay if we achieve promotion, has an older head and I imagine the respect of his colleagues, would be the obvious choice.

Kilbane can show his leadership qualities in the middle and I would expect Shefferes to play on his experience up top.

Btw, I know there are examplets of keepers that it hasn't worked with. but both of the Euro 2012 final captains were keepers.

Yorkshire SB

Why is it realistic kilbane won't play the majority if games? He got injured last season but as far as I know that's one of his only big injuries in 15-16 years! Kilbane or Thomas for captain with me.

Because he's 35 and based on the statistics of players around that age, few play many more than 20-25 games. I would love him to play more than that, but you have to be realistic with your expectations when players get to that age. As aforementioned, I believe he will be a leader on and off the pitch, due to his wealth of experience, I just feel that a captain has to be a player would will, bar injury, play 46 league games this season.

Users who are viewing this thread