New Camera (1 Viewer)

Marty

After a new camera, just a point and shoot one will do fine, would like a half decent video recorder as well, anybody recomend anything? I have about £100 to spend.

Marty

lol, if only I had the foresight to reliase my camera would break :D

Bertola

Best bet would be to go to Costco if you're a member.

I got my camera from there for xmas. Panasonic lumix one, very impressed with it, and it came to about £123, best price i could find at the time was £199.

Cant think what the model number is off the top of my head but will look it up later

rob9872

I know sweet fa about anything techie, but recently purchased a new one on the recommendation of the guy who heads our design team here. He too suggested Panasonic Lumix was by far the best of the low end entry range cameras.

The one important piece of advice I wasn't aware of, was that the quality of the lens(e) is far more important than the latest extra megapixels that your budget might stretch to.

Marty

Cheers rob, i'll have a look at that lumix, and i didn't know that you could change the lens of those cheap digital cameras. Thought it was just for those expensive professional cameras.

rob9872

I don't think he meant change the lens mate (i could be wrong of course), just that one with a decent lens on (like the lumix). Eg some that are 16mp with a tiny lens (like the lens probably in your phone) are not as good as something with a better lens that is only eg 12mp. At least that's how I understood it anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread