New Brandon Arena (1 Viewer)

SonOfSnoz

If Sisu pull it off, could be a blinder!
To host footy/speedway/dogs/cars
Talk about a multi purpose facility!
Hang on, isn't there already one in the north of the City?

Tonylinc

From all that I have heard and read, the Brandon project is a non starter because of infrastructure issues. Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted should it happen as I was born in Brandon.

jon92

Problem with having it all in one is the ammount of clashes with fixtures and fans would be sitting far away from the pitch side

chiefdave

it'll be great, forget the pie money they can make a fortune on Sky Blue binoculars so we can all see the pitch past the race track and greyhound track!

bigfatronssba

At least it will be close to the action, just a 5 lane speedway track between fans and the players. Should make a good intimidating atmosphere.

I don't understand some people, the few faults the Ricoh does have will be further exaggerated in Fishers shed.

Main criticisms of the Ricoh being:

Its too far out of town

Lacking in architectural uniqueness

Parking and public transport problems

Lack of Pubs in surrounding area

Fans too far from the pitch

All of these things will be worse at Brandon.

woody11462

Apologies for the ignorance but I've not lived in the city for many years and have never been to the Brandon site but is it possible to build a stadium on the site without knocking down the speedway stadium? What surrounding land is there? You don't need much land to build the stadium itself, the Ricoh is only so big because of everything else incorporated into the site. What associated land would come with any sale?

swisstony

It's basically about the same area of land and if you imagine the Somme in 1918 surrounded by corrugated iron,that's about it.
It makes bedworth look like the noucamp!!
The road is basically a 2 way minor country lane and the locals are seriously posh and wouldn't want us riff raff in their back yard!!!!!

Apologies for the ignorance but I've not lived in the city for many years and have never been to the Brandon site but is it possible to build a stadium on the site without knocking down the speedway stadium? What surrounding land is there? You don't need much land to build the stadium itself, the Ricoh is only so big because of everything else incorporated into the site. What associated land would come with any sale?

Not a chance young woody11462 - planning would never be allowed.

J

Jack Griffin

It's basically about the same area of land and if you imagine the Somme in 1918 surrounded by corrugated iron,that's about it.
The road is basically a 2 way minor country lane and the locals are seriously posh and wouldn't want us riff raff in their back yard!!!!!

Any new stadium would require a mile of dual carriageway for adequate access costing £16M, even a single carriageway costs £10M per mile http://www.roadblock.org.uk/costs.htm#Costs.

And that doesn't even consider that it would be impossible to buy the land needed to build an access road.

dadgad

Fuk this idiocy!
There is no way on God's earth that PP would be given/could be given for such a venture.
Forget it. Sheer lunacy.

Brandon is full of nimby, net curtain twitchers with noses three feet long!

If anybody even thinks of changing a fucking dado rail the thought police are round with clip boards and theodolites.

So shut the fuck up about Brandon for it is a monumental pile of strategic bluff by a bunch of liars.

hutch1972

They make out they are posh !!

simple_simon

Not going to happen full stop.
I think it will be the old Coutalds cricket ground, SISU now have offices at 101 Lockhurst Lane.

Diehard Si

From all that I have heard and read, the Brandon project is a non starter because of infrastructure issues. Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted should it happen as I was born in Brandon.

Exactly. If the rugby council refused the speedway permission to expand on traffic grounds due to poor infrastructure then a footy stadium has no chance.

georgehudson

perhaps not the old Courtaulds ground,
but maybe the land behind the Courtaulds building on the same side of the road as the Prince William Henry pub (now Darlaston Brick or something),
but over the canal bridge

Delboycov

They make out they are posh !!

Oi! I've got a sister who lives in Brandon and a brother who lives in nearby Wolston...and yes the locals do make out they're posh! It will never happen there....the return of dog racing brought the entire village onto the streets protesting and although they didn't win that particular argument this is a completely different kettle of fish. If it is the site SISU have in mind then I'd be very surprised unless it's just delaying tactics on their part because they will know any proposals they make will never be approved.

SkyBlueUkeman

Fuk this idiocy!
There is no way on God's earth that PP would be given/could be given for such a venture.
Forget it. Sheer lunacy.

Brandon is full of nimby, net curtain twitchers with noses three feet long!

If anybody even thinks of changing a fucking dado rail the thought police are round with clip boards and theodolites.

So shut the fuck up about Brandon for it is a monumental pile of strategic bluff by a bunch of liars.

Discussions:

You don't have to be part of them if you don't want to.

dadgad

Ukeman: Sorry but a "discussion" suggests an exchange of ideas about a reality.
This is a rumour, based on a lie wrapped in a delusion. There's nothing to discuss.

Delboycov

Meh, Brinklow's the posh bit, surely? ;)

What's Wolston chippy like nowadays? Used to be alright then went utterly shit, and haven't dared try it since!

Go over and see my sister in Brandon quite a bit but very rarely venture over the bridge to 'no mans land' NW ;-)

VegetableSamosa

I wouldn't want to put the Bees out of a stadium. They are, and always have been, really good and don't deserve to be pulled into this SISU mess. I doubt they'll move out of their stadium.

NorthernWisdom

I wouldn't want to put the Bees out of a stadium. They are, and always have been, really good and don't deserve to be pulled into this SISU mess. I doubt they'll move out of their stadium.

Agreed, although as an aside don't expect them to be good for long.

Since Sandhu sold the Bees on, the stadium takes rent from them, and keeps all the takings from refreshments...

Users who are viewing this thread