New Bid!!! (1 Viewer)

Astute

They also want to watch a winning team. When we are winning the crowds go up. When we are losing the crowds go down. A cup run will always boost gates. Of course the bigger the club we play the more will want to go to the game also. How many glory supporters live in or near Cov? When I was a kid the team for glory supporters was Liverpool. It is Manure now.

Otis

The missing fans won't come back until we reach the Premiership. Which, of course, will never happen. Too many fans have too many excuses lined up.

Note when we drew Chelsea in the FA Cup, the stadium was full. Why?

To see Coventry? Nope

Too many alleged Coventry fans only want to see Coventry play Premiership sides.

Sorry, Tommy, but you are saying that fans didn't want to see Coventry play but did want to see Coventry play! See what you mean, but at the same time if that game had been against a top Championship side instead of Chelsea the demand would have probably been almost as great.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The missing fans won't come back until we reach the Premiership. Which, of course, will never happen. Too many fans have too many excuses lined up.

Note when we drew Chelsea in the FA Cup, the stadium was full. Why?

To see Coventry? Nope

Too many alleged Coventry fans only want to see Coventry play Premiership sides.
Yea I know a bunch of lads in Coventry who support teams like Liverpool, UTD etc. have said they would get a season ticket just to see premiership football and the top sides play if we were ever back up in the prem.

shmmeee

They also want to watch a winning team. When we are winning the crowds go up. When we are losing the crowds go down. A cup run will always boost gates. Of course the bigger the club we play the more will want to go to the game also. How many glory supporters live in or near Cov? When I was a kid the team for glory supporters was Liverpool. It is Manure now.

Except they don't. The difference last season between us in the play off spots and us on a ten game losing streak was negligible.

The myth of 20 thousand die hard City fans just waiting to return is just that. We've never had them (bar games against big sides) and we never will.

georgehudson

winning = bums on seats, that is a no brainer !!!!
secrecy / evasion = distrust, the same !!!
untruths = loathing !!!
reasoned knowledgeable speculation would = accumulation !!!
if, and that is a big 'IF', there are interested parties, then the sooner the better,
still no 'regular' communication from our 'fund controllers',
and no further news on our (unknown) owners,

PUSB

torchomatic

Get a big Prem team in the Cup and they'll be back. Don't worry about that!

If we do get taken over do people think the gates will increase, if there is investment in the team ? or has it gone to far for to many fans:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

Kuklinski

Who is anybody to say who is a supporter and who isn't?

Is the rich guy who pays £500 for a season ticket more of a supporter than the guy who struggles to make ends meet and so he picks and chooses which games he attends?

Are life long fans less of a supporter because they have become disillusioned by it all, whereas the younger fans are less apathetic to the constant shitness season after season.

Is the guy who sneaks in on a junior ticket less of a supporter than the guy who pays for a full adult ticket?

would love this to be true but cant see it happening, i doubt SISU will take look at any hoffman bid, he was doomed after he offered a quid. the only way hoffman will be in charge any time soon is if we go into admin, but i doubt that will happen before the end of the season either

Astute

Who is anybody to say who is a supporter and who isn't?

Is the rich guy who pays £500 for a season ticket more of a supporter than the guy who struggles to make ends meet and so he picks and chooses which games he attends?

Are life long fans less of a supporter because they have become disillusioned by it all, whereas the younger fans are less apathetic to the constant shitness season after season.

Is the guy who sneaks in on a junior ticket less of a supporter than the guy who pays for a full adult ticket?

This is one of the posts I agree with more than nearly any other. You pay what you can afford. Just because you can't afford to go to games all the time it don't make you a sh1te supporter. Just two games a season for me would pay for a season ticket and lots of beer. I try to make ten or more. Shite supporter to a lot of you. I prefer to go to away games. Even worse to some of you :D I feel sorry for the locals that can't afford a season ticket. To some of us a few hundred quid is a couple of nights out. To some of us a few hundred quid is a fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread