New 3rd Kit (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

any stato's out there that can come up with facts when we wore the green and black stripe ? i remember Rafferty getting a hattrick wearing it?

Fergusons_Beard

Going to get it-but pisses me off that City didn’t have the creative bollox to have it as the away kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NortonSkyBlue

I have got three today(or my wife got three to be precise) selling well by all accounts.
I find it strange that some are being critical of the club for bringing out this kit. What is there to be critical of? You buy it or you don't.
I saw lots of the FMC kits at the Sunderland and Portsmouth games. They look great, so does the new third kit in my opinion. For me green and black stripes is the classic CCFC away kit as plain Sky Blue is the classic home kit.
A great gift for Christmas.

Liquid Gold

I have got three today(or my wife got three to be precise) selling well by all accounts.
I find it strange that some are being critical of the club for bringing out this kit. What is there to be critical of? You buy it or you don't.
I saw lots of the FMC kits at the Sunderland and Portsmouth games. They look great, so does the new third kit in my opinion. For me green and black stripes is the classic CCFC away kit as plain Sky Blue is the classic home kit.
A great gift for Christmas.
Either this or yellow and black for me

mark82

Either this or yellow and black for me

PwJOZrO.gif

Corrado

It’s got to be pretty rare especially on here that not one person has a bad thing to say about it - other then it should be their 2nd kit

Adge

It’s got to be pretty rare especially on here that not one person has a bad thing to say about it - other then it should be their 2nd kit
Well let’s put that right then-I’m not buying it as I don’t want to swell the Sisu coffers for the upcoming Supreme Court case. :emoji_thumbsup:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I know I'm going to be very much a minority here but I've never really liked green and black stripes. Only those weird purple and yellow and the brown are worse (but memorable)

I'd love to see a green and red shirt one year. I think I'd want it half and half like the city crest but another pattern might work.

Essexrobbie

It was the very first kit I brought in a football mag back in the 70's and could never understand why we didn't keep it as our regular away strip instead of the truly awful ones since. If I have to be picky I would preferer black socks with a green hoop here or there as I think dark socks look more physically imposing on the opposition.

Terry Gibson's perm

They should have had this for the away kit instead of white, white is ridiculous as it’s so difficult to keep clean

kapowaz

I saw lots of the FMC kits at the Sunderland and Portsmouth games. They look great, so does the new third kit in my opinion.

This is a fascinating trend for me. Previously it was always very difficult for fans to ‘vote’ for which historical kits they liked by wearing them since availability was always an issue. FMC have opened a door to the club being able to firstly see that there is demand for fashionable club kits (not just whatever template Nike gives us) and also an indication as to which styles are popular. The green and black third kit is a great toe in the water to that.

I’d not be surprised if next season we have a home or away kit that properly harks back to one of the classics. Other clubs have already done this (Norwich made an away kit that used the Ribero yellow and green vomit pattern as part of the design for example), so we’re behind the curve a bit, but better late than never!

ccfc_ukr

always loved this kit, have the original and the 2nd attempt, and will try and get my hands on this one too. I really wish we would do a new version of the red and navy chequered, bloody loved that one, and we are long overdue a purple and yellow special too!

pipkin73

Personally I really miss the yellow away kits of the late 80s/early 90s.
Didn't we do a Brazil yellow kit a couple of years ago. Won loads of away games in it and we all loved it. Might be wrong though, drinking pints of Southern Comfort and Lemonade at the mo so well sizzled.

kapowaz

Oh yeah, forgot about that one! I think at the time I wasn’t keen because comparisons to Brazil were such nonsense (we were in League One, right?) and the yellow and green was clearly so that CityLink could have their sponsor badge in their usual green and yellow.

The yellow kit I loved the most was the pinstriped yellow Hummel away kit. That was classy.

Hobo

It should have been our away strip or at least saved for our next official away strip. What really undermines it for me is, have we received our main strip yet?

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I know I'm going to be very much a minority here but I've never really liked green and black stripes. Only those weird purple and yellow and the brown are worse (but memorable)

I'd love to see a green and red shirt one year. I think I'd want it half and half like the city crest but another pattern might work.

I can't see the present owners plumping for the civic colours any time soon! Personally i'd like a reboot of the old purple and yellow monstrosities we've had in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread