Never thought I would be saying this, but.... (2 Viewers)

Theging1987

Seriously considering not having my season ticket next season. Absolutely fed up with everything that is happening at the moment, as we all are, completely lost interest in the club at the moment. Found myself watchin nuneaton borough on Saturday and was refreshed to find a team who play for each other, have pride and passion wearing the shirt, play good quality football and created and scored some good goals. Sort of put into perspective what I should be seeing at my club but struggling to find anything like that at ccfc at the mo. don't get me wrong am sky blue through and through and always will be but may well end up at liberty way next season until our club restores some traditional values and something to look forward to.

ccfcway

i remember a time when we all moaned about kids coming from Coventry but not supporting city, but supportng big clubs like Man Utd or Liverpool.

Now, some people would rather go to a Nuneaton match than watch CCFC..

The end is in sight, surely ?

skybluebeduff

I gave up my season ticket when Mark Robins left. I also have avoided this site for as long as possible, because the misery is way too much, it's only football after all.

ccfcway

I gave up my season ticket when Mark Robins left. I also have avoided this site for as long as possible, because the misery is way too much, it's only football after all.

......and yet on another thread you are saying we should be expecting more football violence in the future.

didnt take too long to blend in did it :D

SkyBlueScottie

I could sort of understand such a reaction in light of the off field stuff, but to say you were refreshed to see a team playing for each other scoring good goals and putting in effort is baffling. The players by and large have been very good this season...... You sir, are a mentalist!

hill83

I've not been since Pressley came in. No agenda, just totally bored of it. I'm unlikely to renew if things stay as they are.

standupforcity

Pheweee....this thread has only just stared and it's already negative negative negative. Some people just don't have the staying power or the vision to see what's really happening! Things are changing that's what's happening and it can only be a good thing with SISU exposed and parties interested in buying the club.

I've supported this club since 1964 and I've never for a moment considered the idea of swapping my allegiance for some team up the road or for a big name club.....

Personally I think the future is looking pretty damn promising...Pheonix from the Ashes and all that...and I can't wait fort next season!

Theging1987

I could sort of understand such a reaction in light of the off field stuff, but to say you were refreshed to see a team playing for each other scoring good goals and putting in effort is baffling. The players by and large have been very good this season...... You sir, are a mentalist!
Your right to a certain degree as I have enjoyed some of the season as we have played the best football I have seen for a long time but unfortunately that was with mark robins and a certain mr mcgoldrick but as for a few players I see no pride and fight for the shirt anymore but is suppose that is a reflection of modern day pro football

Theging1987

i remember a time when we all moaned about kids coming from Coventry but not supporting city, but supportng big clubs like Man Utd or Liverpool.

Now, some people would rather go to a Nuneaton match than watch CCFC..

The end is in sight, surely ?

Totally agree with you, that's how bad it's got

Joy Division

Pheweee....this thread has only just stared and it's already negative negative negative. Some people just don't have the staying power or the vision to see what's really happening! Things are changing that's what's happening and it can only be a good thing with SISU exposed and parties interested in buying the club.

I've supported this club since 1964 and I've never for a moment considered the idea of swapping my allegiance for some team up the road or for a big name club.....

Personally I think the future is looking pretty damn promising...Pheonix from the Ashes and all that...and I can't wait fort next season!

Erm, aren't we in Admin at the moment?

Gray

i got an email from the club about season tickets next season. Apparently you have to pick them up from a shed somewhere in the yorkshire dales. They are £2000 and you have to pay in cash

skybluebeduff

......and yet on another thread you are saying we should be expecting more football violence in the future.

didnt take too long to blend in did it :D

No offense but I'm missing your point??? I wrote:

"To sum it up: Yes!

With Man Utd and other big clubs growing everyday with their fan base's, the smaller clubs fans seem to be finally getting pissed off, and with the youth of today, expect the worst.."

You've lost me.

Sbarcher

My club email came from Nigeria.
If I send £5,000 to Missy Joy's bank account, she will give me a ticket and a % of all future food and beverage sales from the Ricoco Arena. She says there will be many sales of firewater and snake pies and my future will be assured. If I like, I can fly to Nigeria and meet her in person to carry out the transaction. She also has a daughter who wants to marry me. It all seems too good to be true, but I will proceed with caution as her daughter may have a dose so I will take a gross of jonnies with me.
I'm trying to see the catch in the offer, but seems she also has medicine man Mutton on board and he has strong magic and a smiley face - so, happy times ahead.

covboy1987

Got to say think the fans morale is at its lowest ever but would not go and watch another team play however pissed off i amand would skip a match ratehr than watch another team as last saturday

A group of us normally go to all the away matches included this season the pre-season friendlies in Scotland at the start of this year and had already booked a train for the Crawley game last Saturday a few weeks previous . We suddenly decided that we would not go to the Crawley game but stop off in London for the day and had a really good time and surprisingly bumped into to two other Cov groups that decided to do the same.
We are totally peed off with the current situation and the obvious fact that is now becoming apparent that Pressley has been appointed to sell any players he can get money for in the summer and play the youth team as the first team next season and loan or get given journey men to fill the gaps.
Pressely might be impressing his bosses with carrying out their orders to the letter, but he is not impressing myself and my group and of course others we bumped into who as paying fans and also with season tickets surly should have some sort of input. obviously not
If I were SISU, I would think again as I can think of better things to do on a Saturday next year than watching a young team get battered by, frankly, poor teams in a poor league but the option of watching Nuneaton or any other team is not on the agenda.
It's about time SISU told us there plans, so some of us fans can decide what to do with our Saturdays next year as there continued silence is going to badly affect gate receipts.

Covcraig@bury

After reading this post I thought it only right to come clean!! I've lost the desire to make the 275 miles round trip to the Ricoh . With all that's going on I don't want to sit next to people moaning and giving out their take on what's going on with admin. It's taken the buzz off match day away from me. Until this is sorted I will not set foot in the Ricoh or buy a season ticket. I was a guest of Bury FC on Saturday,they lost to Oldham and got relegated . Taking to a member of the board he summed lower league football up quite easily. Bury is a small club between two giants ,or the corner shop out priced by tesco or Asda . No chance of survival as it stands.
£1 million needed for survival and no one wants to help Bury out. Liquidation is very much on the horizon , what a crying shame and I hope it doesn't come to that.
As for Coventry city , we are not there yet and I hope it never comes to liquidation. But if it means cleaning this entire mess up and a clean start in the lower league I'm all for it. If this drags on and not resolved there will be many SBA doing the same as me , just stay away !!pusb ffs

Tonylinc

If anyone from Sisu reads this site then please take on board all the comments in this thread. Mr. Linnell would have you believe that only a small number of City fans want you out. That is NOT the case MOST want you gone so that our club can move on from your catastrophic ownership. In any event, if, as I believe, many fans desert the club next season by not renewing their season tickets; what the hell will you have to sell when you finally decide to call it a day? As one caller to CWR said Get out of my city.....get out of my club!!!!

dadgad

If anyone from Sisu reads this site then please take on board all the comments in this thread. Mr. Linnell would have you believe that only a small number of City fans want you out. That is NOT the case MOST want you gone so that our club can move on from your catastrophic ownership. In any event, if, as I believe, many fans desert the club next season by not renewing their season tickets; what the hell will you have to sell when you finally decide to call it a day? As one caller to CWR said Get out of my city.....get out of my club!!!!

Seconded.:claping hands::guitar2:

runner

I will only be getting one if SISU have gone ... I've had season ticket now for the past 10 years, but already decided enoughs enough, if the American or a.n. other come in however, I'll be buying as usual ... here's hoping ! :eek:)

Grendel

I will only be getting one if SISU have gone ... I've had season ticket now for the past 10 years, but already decided enoughs enough, if the American or a.n. other come in however, I'll be buying as usual ... here's hoping ! :eek:)

They will be gone and I would expect administration for a lengthy period of time.

Sterling Archer

I must admit, I too am thinking about knocking it all on the head. I live 100 miles away but found since Pressley has come in/Clarke's got injured/admin and off the field shenanigans that it has all become far too much of a chore to go and watch what is ultaimtely a really dull game of football in a half empty souless bowl in the arse end of Coventry.

The Crawley performance was the icing on the cake for me. It also ruins my weekend when we've played badly which probably says more about me than the club.

skyblueman

Have to echo some of this as I too confess that I'm seriously considering not renewing either and believe me I'd never have thought that remotely possible - I am just so disillusioned with it all - the back end of this season has been just dreadful - Robins going was a real blow and I'm not getting good feeling about the new guy I'm afraid

The eternal optimist in me that kept me going all these has died and I'm struggling now to see any real hope on the horizon - maybe I'll just take it one match at a time from now on - if this bloody farce continues then at least I have the choice - OK if it all comes good I'll pay more but then it would be worth it and to be honest I'd be happy to.

So for me then there has to be some major changes coming and I mean soon or I'll spend my time and money with my kids

fernandopartridge

Seriously considering not having my season ticket next season. Absolutely fed up with everything that is happening at the moment, as we all are, completely lost interest in the club at the moment. Found myself watchin nuneaton borough on Saturday and was refreshed to find a team who play for each other, have pride and passion wearing the shirt, play good quality football and created and scored some good goals. Sort of put into perspective what I should be seeing at my club but struggling to find anything like that at ccfc at the mo. don't get me wrong am sky blue through and through and always will be but may well end up at liberty way next season until our club restores some traditional values and something to look forward to.

Treacle town ginger, it is unfortunate for you.

torchomatic

I'd never give up my season ticket. It's in the blood after 40 years. After hearing Pressley talk last night I'm looking forward to the new season even more.

There's more to being a fan than success, winning and league positions.

Sub

There's more to being a fan than success, winning and league positions.

And your saying this to cov fans ??? when have we ever known any of the above in recent years we must be one of the most down trodden and pissed on fans in the country !!

Macca

I ll be there as much as before. As much as I come back from virtually every visit disappointed its a life sentence. Start every season with blind optimism though next time will be harder. The pub singer can say what he wants, he has little influence in what next year brings

Users who are viewing this thread