Never happy! (1 Viewer)

The Gentleman

Been off here for a while due to some ups and downs but have checked in from time to time and despite us getting nearly everything we wanted being back home, a team to be proud of, a team playing well, a team winning, a team defending well and a committed manager, some people still aren't happy. We still have people moaning about fellow Cov fans and name calling and being effectively called pathetic. Far as I'm concerned, we are home and there despite there only being 11k there today that is a damn site more than at Sixfields and I am sure that if things keep on this road then people will start having more confidence and will start coming back consistently. For the record, I was at the Gillingham game and not there today due to work, so i'm not sure if that makes me band-wagoner or pathetic or glory supporter or whatever stupid other term or name fellow Cov fans want to call each other. I will go to the games that I can make and decide not to go to some others and that is my choice.

letsallsingtogether

Totally agree.
I went on Friday and went today.
I will go to every game I can home and away that I can afford to go to.
It does really piss me off that fellow fans try to make out they are better because they can make every game.

To be fair I expect to get that from opposition supporters not from my own:mad:

Kingokings204

I went Friday and I went today. Preston I am still undecided due to money and family commitments. Sure this makes me a crap fan but I have gave £32 of my money on 2 home games when I didn't spend a penny last year on a home game. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Seems some fans seem to think we should be getting 15-20k in league 1 all things considered. It certainly looked more than 11k today but obviously can't say for sure.

Today was the only 1k fans off being the second highest in the league. We played yeovil town not exactly a fans fixtures. I know Nick disagrees but some fans attend because it is a "big team". Always has been the case and same every club. Why do you think they do games into carorgories?

I thought it was a good crowd. Very loud and a good atmosphere and the team is winning. As frank noble says on twitter #letsdothis.

hill83

I'd just like to point out when I say pathetic I'm not saying any individual person is pathetic for not going. I'm saying its pathetic that as a club we could only get 11k there after all the joy of coming home. If you can't make a game you can't make a game.

Otis

I'd just like to point out when I say pathetic I'm not saying any individual person is pathetic for not going. I'm saying its pathetic that as a club we could only get 11k there after all the joy of coming home. If you can't make a game you can't make a game.

Totally agree with that, hill.

Spot on.

hill83

Totally agree with that, hill.

Spot on.

Thanks. People are getting too defensive. I won't be at every home game even though I've got a season ticket due to shift work etc.

Anyway. Champions League in 3 years.

Otis

Thanks. People are getting too defensive. I won't be at every home game even though I've got a season ticket due to shift work etc.

Anyway. Champions League in 3 years.

You're changing allegiance? :confused:

hill83

You're changing allegiance? :confused:

I'll count towards the attendance even if I don't go.
If you've got a problem with that put your suit on and I'll meet you down the Wheatsheaf pal

chiefdave

Went yesterday, couldn't go last week and probably can't go to another home game until Dec 28th. As I thought we'd be at Sixfields I've got work or other things planned most weekends.

RegTheDonk

Its disappointing yes, particularly after the euphoria of coming home last week. But we are where we are - in League One. Looking at the average of the last year at the Ricoh (in league 1), 11K is probably as good as we can expect. We were only averaging about £15K when we got relegated.

The only way more will come for league games is if the team turn it on and push for promotion. Its sad, but its a fact. Many aren't interested in exciting football, or kids with a bright future, they want a winning team.

Gazolba

Seriously, you are expecting 27,000 every game? We did not even get that in the Premier league. The first game back was a novelty, now we are back to reality.

Otis

Seriously, you are expecting 27,000 every game? We did not even get that in the Premier league. The first game back was a novelty, now we are back to reality.

No-one is expecting 27,000 every game. Don't believe anyone has ever said that.

Think most people were expecting 15,000+ on Saturday though and that I think was a very sensible notion before the game.

lordsummerisle

Seriously, you are expecting 27,000 every game? We did not even get that in the Premier league. .

True enough,but we only had a 23,500 capacity then.

It seems that quite a few agree with Fisher that we should build a smaller ground that could extend the capacity as and when needed.

Who'd have thought eh?

Astute

True enough,but we only had a 23,500 capacity then.

It seems that quite a few agree with Fisher that we should build a smaller ground that could extend the capacity as and when needed.

Who'd have thought eh?

Yes you are right as usual.

So they build the 12,000 stadium. Lose over 6,000 for segregation again. Will still be big enough as it wouldn't be in Coventry.

fernandopartridge

Been off here for a while due to some ups and downs but have checked in from time to time and despite us getting nearly everything we wanted being back home, a team to be proud of, a team playing well, a team winning, a team defending well and a committed manager, some people still aren't happy. We still have people moaning about fellow Cov fans and name calling and being effectively called pathetic. Far as I'm concerned, we are home and there despite there only being 11k there today that is a damn site more than at Sixfields and I am sure that if things keep on this road then people will start having more confidence and will start coming back consistently. For the record, I was at the Gillingham game and not there today due to work, so i'm not sure if that makes me band-wagoner or pathetic or glory supporter or whatever stupid other term or name fellow Cov fans want to call each other. I will go to the games that I can make and decide not to go to some others and that is my choice.
Yea yea yea. You going Saturday?

Users who are viewing this thread