Netflix (1 Viewer)

Tad

Does anyone here have Netflix? Was wondering about scrapping sky as I don't really watch it and just buying Netflix instead. Is it worth it or is there another service out there that's better?

Ccfcsj

I tried both Netflix and Lovefilm and in the end went for Lovefilm.

Netflix does provide a decent service (although when I tested it was rather limited as most things are old).

The reason I went with Lovefilm is so I can rent Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS games as well as DVDs etc.

Tad

I have heard good things about Lovefilm before just wasn't sure about it. Thanks.

n1xon

Netflix is not too good but u can get a free month tria so you may as well get the trial and then cancel. Also check groupon now and then as love film put special 3 month offer for £9 now and then.

ajsccfc

I used the free month trial which was perfect as I watched the entire run of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. What I would recommend is fudging the DNS settings so you access the superior US Netflix selection.

Waycov

I've just signed up with Netflix and I love it. I admit there's not a lot of brand new stuff on there yet but, it's still in the early stages here in the UK. It also depends on what kind of stuff you like. Being a horror and foreign movie fan, I'm more than happy. Plus all seven seasons of the fantastic Rescue Me (I thought there was only 3!) :)

Marty

I'm with lovefilm, I only have the instant streaming package at £4.99 a month, it's ok, most of the films are utter shite or old, they have some decent foreign films though. It's ok for what it is, it fits my needs perfect though and Lovefilm have a bigger streaming selection then netflix.

I have a 2 month free voucher. I'll send the code over if you need it.

Tad

I'm with lovefilm, I only have the instant streaming package at £4.99 a month, it's ok, most of the films are utter shite or old, they have some decent foreign films though. It's ok for what it is, it fits my needs perfect though and Lovefilm have a bigger streaming selection then netflix.

I have a 2 month free voucher. I'll send the code over if you need it.

Was just about to ask about the streaming side of it. Is it okay? I can usually pick NHL live up in HD so my connection is pretty good. When you say the films are old, how old? Like 3 years old or more? Thanks for the offer, but I think I already have got a 3 month voucher :) Just not sure if I want to pass my details on to them if I'm not going to use it etc..

Last edited:

Marty

Was just about to ask about the streaming side of it. Is it okay? I can usually pick NHL live up in HD so my connection is pretty good. When you say the films are old, how old? Like 3 years old or more? Thanks for the offer, but I think I already have got a 3 month voucher :) Just not sure if I want to pass my details on to them if I'm not going to use it etc..

The instant streaming is fine, not had a single problem with watching it, they run the same as if they are being played from a DVD, i've been running a minimum of a 20g broadband though. The films are mostly late 90's early 20's, but they have a lot of 70's, 80's and a little stuff from within the last couple of years. They upload about 10 films a month, but this could be from any year/genre. I'm not a huge movie fan and tend to only watch 4 or 5 a month, find they help when i'm on a night shift and need to waste a couple of hours before I go to sleep.

I only signed up because they were offering a £20 voucher for Amazon but like I say, it suits my needs excellently, if you're after a decent selection of things then go for the rent at home option with the streaming to supplement it.

Tad

Cool, thanks. I'll take a look at it. No harm in using the trial :)

D

Deleted member 4232

I'm surprised how many people in England are quite happy to pay for something you can quite easily get for free...

www.torrentz.eu

get a grip guys!:claping hands:

torchomatic

We use Netflix. We chose it mainly as we don't have a PS or Xbox in our house, my 6-year-old had a Wii and we can watch through there. I can also watch on my Android tablet when I'm in Starbucks, etc. It's great for series such as 24, etc and I've been working my way through those. My son loves it as there's plenty for him from Spiderman to Dr Who. The choice isn't as good as Lovefilm, but they didn't offer me the choice of platform I needed.

I'm getting pretty fed up with the price of Sky. We pay loads for the HD, Sports, etc. Might try Virgin Media as it's half the price.

Streaming is fine. We have Infinity 2 so although we don't get anywhere near their 80MB download speeds (we get around 59/60) we've never had any issues.

Does anyone here have Netflix? Was wondering about scrapping sky as I don't really watch it and just buying Netflix instead. Is it worth it or is there another service out there that's better?

aloisiwouldhavescored

We use Netflix. We chose it mainly as we don't have a PS or Xbox in our house, my 6-year-old had a Wii and we can watch through there. I can also watch on my Android tablet when I'm in Starbucks, etc. It's great for series such as 24, etc and I've been working my way through those. My son loves it as there's plenty for him from Spiderman to Dr Who. The choice isn't as good as Lovefilm, but they didn't offer me the choice of platform I needed.

I'm getting pretty fed up with the price of Sky. We pay loads for the HD, Sports, etc. Might try Virgin Media as it's half the price.

Streaming is fine. We have Infinity 2 so although we don't get anywhere near their 80MB download speeds (we get around 59/60) we've never had any issues.

We have got Sky and it seems to be getting more and more expensive, then we got a leaflet through the door about Virgin, which sounded really good. However when I checked online it is not available where I live so not an option (no fibre optic cabling in our area apparently). Shame!

aloisiwouldhavescored

We have got a Samsung Smart TV, bought about 9 months ago, anyone know if we can download Netflix to it? We have got Lovefilm already on there.

Macca

Christ knows how out of touch I will be when I actually get old. I have no idea what anyone is talking about :D

n1xon

We have got Sky and it seems to be getting more and more expensive, then we got a leaflet through the door about Virgin, which sounded really good. However when I checked online it is not available where I live so not an option (no fibre optic cabling in our area apparently). Shame!

Call and check with virgin on that! It says there's none where I live but when I phoned them there was.

Users who are viewing this thread