Netflix - Recommendations (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Anybody watched the staircase? Think it's trying too hard to be making a murderer.

It was made before hand and the makers of Making of a murderer consulted the fella behind the staircase.

lifeskyblue

Wife and I just finished watching ‘13 Reasons Why’ (both series) with our 15 yr old. Although American It is a good format for highlighting a number of issues faced by older teenagers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Wife and I just finished watching ‘13 Reasons Why’ (both series) with our 15 yr old. Although American It is a good format for highlighting a number of issues faced by older teenagers.

Second series has very poor reviews though doesn't it?

Great ratings for the first series and then last time I looked it was something like 29% for the second series.

lifeskyblue

Second series has very poor reviews though doesn't it?

Great ratings for the first series and then last time I looked it was something like 29% for the second series.

Personally I think it could have finished after 1st series but the 2nd, focusing on the court case following the suicide, seemed a bit of an afterthought. I still think it tackled serious issues but didn’t live up to the impact series one had. On its own I think it would have been fine but not quite living up to the quality of series one.
I understand a third series is being planned and I suspect this will focus on another of the kids (probably Tyler) and the issues he has experienced in last couple episodes.
I wouldn’t have watched this unless with a mid/late teenager but found it interesting and well crafted and at times compulsive.

lifeskyblue

We were uncertain and watched a couple of episodes ourselves before agreeing to let him watch with us. Even then a few scenes later were n made us feel a little uncomfortable. However we felt it was well handled. We certainly wouldn’t have let him watch without us watching also. At 15 (16 September) we felt it was just ok. Wouldn’t have let him watch if he was any younger.

lifeskyblue

Son has 4 older sisters and Although we have let him watch this I’m sure if he was the eldest and this had been around we wouldn’t have let him

lifeskyblue

Mine is 13.

All her friends have watched though.

We certainly would not have let any of ours at 13 watch something like this. It will be as valid for your daughter in a few years but at 13 I think you are right to not let her watch.

Otis

We certainly would not have let any of ours at 13 watch something like this. It will be as valid for your daughter in a few years but at 13 I think you are right to not let her watch.

Agree. Cheers for that!

Users who are viewing this thread