Nene Park - Reality? (1 Viewer)

BrisbaneBronco

From a SISU point of view, is this a better option.
They will know from the fans forums that the vast majority will not travel to watch CCFC play outside of Coventry. So, will any less travel to Nene Park than say Walsall, I don't think so.
Nene Park has enough capacity to handle those who want to travel
We will not have to ground share.
My Guess, is that SISU will go for the Nene Park option. It is not based on fact, just a gut feeling.
I think that SISU will agree a season by season rental to see if ACL/Council cave in. The FL would possibly agree to this as a better scenario than 3 yrs ground share elsewhere.
SISU will use this time to work on getting the Ricoh whilst also working on the FL to rubber stamp a permanent move to Nene Park if they cannot purchase the Ricoh. There is also the court review re legality of CCC bail out which will probably not happen until after the season commences.
So my view is that they will still try and get the Ricoh and if the fail they will move and develop Nene Park.

Thoughts?

covkid69

how can it be Nene park when it's not within the 30 mile radius set by the football league....or have i got that wrong......a lot of fans have said they won't travel to Walsall and that's a lot closer

there is logic in what you have said, but its outside of this 30 mile area that the FL allows, not sure how strict a rule this is thou...51 miles away? a lot more fuel...

Otis

how can it be Nene park when it's not within the 30 mile radius set by the football league....or have i got that wrong......a lot of fans have said they won't travel to Walsall and that's a lot closer

Exactly.

There is a restriction of 30 miles. this surely rules Nene Park out!

BrisbaneBronco

Exactly.

There is a restriction of 30 miles. this surely rules Nene Park out!

I know that, but rules can be bent, twisted, relaxed. You only have to look at rules re fit and proper owners to see that, they are not always applied to the letter.
What if SISU offered free/subsidised travel?

Porkchophill

From a SISU point of view, is this a better option.
They will know from the fans forums that the vast majority will not travel to watch CCFC play outside of Coventry. So, will any less travel to Nene Park than say Walsall, I don't think so.
Nene Park has enough capacity to handle those who want to travel
We will not have to ground share.
My Guess, is that SISU will go for the Nene Park option. It is not based on fact, just a gut feeling.
I think that SISU will agree a season by season rental to see if ACL/Council cave in. The FL would possibly agree to this as a better scenario than 3 yrs ground share elsewhere.
SISU will use this time to work on getting the Ricoh whilst also working on the FL to rubber stamp a permanent move to Nene Park if they cannot purchase the Ricoh. There is also the court review re legality of CCC bail out which will probably not happen until after the season commences.
So my view is that they will still try and get the Ricoh and if the fail they will move and develop Nene Park.

Thoughts?
I agree with you that I think the move out of Coventry is more about distressing ACL in an attempt to force a fire sale of the Ricoh than it is to build a new ground as everything they do ( sissu ) would have to be justified for making a return on their investors money and I can't see how a £25,000000 white elephant with no customers on top of a £70,000000 failed out lay would ever happen just more delaying tactics

Otis

I know that, but rules can be bent, twisted, relaxed. You only have to look at rules re fit and proper owners to see that, they are not always applied to the letter.
What if SISU offered free/subsidised travel?

Nice to see that they suddenly have money for free and subsidised travel and administrators and new stadiums.

Never knew we were so rich.

letsallsingtogether

Yes Nene Park is about 45 miles away and is not in the Midlands they are 2 of the criteria I believe Sisu were given so it would be better that they don't get their own way again but knowing those gutless people at the FL we will probably be playing in Scotland............................:blue:

bigfatronssba

I thought the 30 miles thing was something said by Fisher?

The league as always have said nothing on this issue.

covboy1987

I agree a good theroy, although looking quickly at Birminghmam city fixtures the majority shows when they are at home we are away

Matty_CCFC

I thought the 30 miles thing was something said by Fisher?

The league as always have said nothing on this issue.

Yes thats what I thought, its not a league thing its a Fisher comment, so might not be true.

Nene Park. Walk up fans. get a train to Northampton, public bus to Rushden and then a taxi to middle of nowhere to pay on gate.

Buster

Can you believe , just over a month away from our first game and we dont know were our home fixtures will be played! Its all gone very quiet. I hope somebdy is working realy hard behind closed doors

The Reverend Skyblue

If repair work on the stadium and services are being done at the moment on Nene park, as reported by someone on here who visited yesterday, it can only be us, no other club are looking for a ground.
If they thought they could last 3 years funding a groundshare at Walsall, they wouldn't last two seasons on the crowds at nene park.

I have a gut feeling it is for us, and the gutless suits at the Football league will give it its full backing. They will allow this and let a club slowly die, but heaven help any club that's has fans who either do a racist chant, or its fans run onto the pitch, because they will feel the full force of the FL's comittee

wingy

Nice to see that they suddenly have money for free and subsidised travel and administrators and new stadiums.

Never knew we were so rich.

Very odd ,as Gregg Clark has recently stated that some people Heading up football clubs wish to remain anonymous so as not to be pressurised to spend money on Players.

lifelongcityfan

The FL advised CCFC of 3 grounds that we could use...obviously no one knows which ones. It is not down to CCFC to put fwd options.
TF stated ( it must be true) that it would be in 30 miles and I believe in the west Midlands.

it is not Nene Park

dongonzalos

Nene park.....

You have a stadium built

You have planning permission on it already for a hotel

The stadium cost 30 million and is desperate for business

You have the golden share for league one

Your only stumbling block is the wet lettuce (FA)

Hope you can read between the lines.......

SkyBlueHomer

Maybe SISU put forward the idea of Nene Park to the football league as it could actually be easier to get to than the hassle of getting through Birmingham although it could be outside this alleged 30 mile zone.
Walsall - Their manager has stated as well to his knowledge they wont groundshare with us.
Villa - They wont have there pitch trashed by us.
Birmingham - If its not any of above doesn't really leave anywhere else.

SISU recently accepted the PR from the club is awful but when the fixtures were announced they will have known all this guesswork by supporters would start again & approx 6 weeks before the new season we still absolutely nothing, any wonder why we really can't be bothered anymore

lifelongcityfan

Nene park.....

You have a stadium built

You have planning permission on it already for a hotel

The stadium cost 30 million and is desperate for business

You have the golden share for league one

Your only stumbling block is the wet lettuce (FA)

Hope you can read between the lines.......

capacity 5600...sisu maintained we would get 7 to 8k if we were succesfull!

wimbeldon to MK was 62 miles, this is 51.. look at the furore around MK

sorry. this one doesnt add up

dongonzalos

capacity 5600...sisu maintained we would get 7 to 8k if we were succesfull!

wimbeldon to MK was 62 miles, this is 51.. look at the furore around MK

sorry. this one doesnt add up

Hence they have to overcome the all powerful FA./FL

If they manage to get themselves in there by telling the FA the other clubs would not ground share for various reasons.

Once in there they will still try and go after the Ricoh.

However if it doesn't work.

They will after 3-4 years tell the FA/FL they can't afford to build a new stadium but they can afford nene park at cut price.

By then they may have a six k fan base.

Eventually they can develop it as it already has planning permission.......

The big stumbling block is the FA/FL I take it you have faith in them?

dongonzalos

The FL advised CCFC of 3 grounds that we could use...obviously no one knows which ones. It is not down to CCFC to put fwd options.
TF stated ( it must be true) that it would be in 30 miles and I believe in the west Midlands.

it is not Nene Park

What happens if those grounds want rent up front or nothing and SISU say they can't pay that?

dongonzalos

We're stuffed?

If it was me I would want money up front as well

They will know that SISU will just want to do it match by match to put pressure on the Ricoh.

All the hassle and flack they will get they will want at least a season paid up, to front to justify it.

chiefdave

if it's true that the utilities have been turned back on and maintenance is being done then it must be fairly likley its for us. if we do end up there I can only see one of 2 things happening. ACL eventually give in and we move back to the Ricoh or we end up there long term. First it will be 3 years, then it will extension after extension as 'we can't find suitable site', 'can't get planning permission', 'can't secure funding' etc until we've been there so long it will end up permanent. It kicked off with MK Dons because it was taking a club and moving it, if we've already been at Nene Park 10 years and then the FL go you may as well stay how much fuss will be made?

Houdi

Hence they have to overcome the all powerful FA./FL

If they manage to get themselves in there by telling the FA the other clubs would not ground share for various reasons.

Once in there they will still try and go after the Ricoh.

However if it doesn't work.

They will after 3-4 years tell the FA/FL they can't afford to build a new stadium but they can afford nene park at cut price.

By then they may have a six k fan base.

Eventually they can develop it as it already has planning permission.......

The big stumbling block is the FA/FL I take it you have faith in them?
After the MK fiaco haven't the FL made it clear that they will only allow ground sharing on a short term basis,and that the club will have to provide 'concrete' evidence that they have a new build about to be started in the Coventry area.Didn't Rotherham have to provide a huge bond,to enable them to move Sheffield whilst they built their new stadium.As bad as the FL appear to be,I find it hard to believe they would allow SISU to bluff about a new stadium.Surely other league clubs would insist that CCFC were subject to the same conditions that were insisted on for other clubs.
Of course there is a possible other outcome,that the FL refuse to issue the Golden Share,and maybe encourage the administrator to look at the other bids,who can at least fulfill the ground requirements.The fact that there is still no indication of where they intend to build a new stadium,must weaken there claim that they are deadly serious about a new ground.

Matty_CCFC

We will play at Walsall if not at the Ricoh.
Does not matter what the Manager thinks, the stadium owner will allow anyone he wants to play there.

The FL are a weak bunch and like SISU do not care/.

WestEndAgro

I have posted numerous times stating that a deal has been agreed with Birmingham, this was from a "insider", to get round the Villa and Blues fixtures we may well play a majority of games on Friday Nights, I also stated that SISU were going nowhere, which has proved to be the case, the information was given to me way back at the end of season players award dinner, which I posted the following day.
Blues is agreed, but they hadn't ruled out other options.

Users who are viewing this thread