Nelson Mandela has died (1 Viewer)

jon92

Just been reported on skynews

Mr Zuma said "the nation has lost its greatest son", adding "he is now resting. He is now at peace."

He died peacefully, surrounded by his family, at his Johannesburg home at 8.50pm local time.

Mr Mandela, who was 95, will get a state funeral and national flags will be lowered to half mast, said Mr Zuma.

Last edited:

Grendel

rob9872

Looking toward to days of fake tributes

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
That'll be a new film role for Morgan Freeman coming up.

japandy

95 yrs old is not a bad innings to be fair! RIP NM!
Many people talk about being a CCFC fan but for me the greatest honour in my life is t be a Coventrian and a Warwickshire lad. We are in the Guiness book of records for having more inventors in a 20 mile radius than anywhere on Earth. Without Whittle travel would not be what it is today. Without Shakespeare we would probably still be talking French (lol) AND in the last 30 years one of the greatest things to happen to the City was Jerry Dammers and The Specials making the record 'Free Nelson Mandela. I attended many concerts in thos days and the record was alwys played. The Specials did their level best to bring the situation to book. Most people in the UK didn't know Mandela at that timeand it was because of that song that the UK government HAD to act. ur City shuld be proud of that fact.

Users who are viewing this thread