Neglect ! (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Goalkeeper and Centre Forward

I believe neglect of these two first team essentials will prove to be the reason we go down this season which looks more and more likely after each game I put four people responsible Tim Fisher with his policy on how he is running the club which includes and influenced recruitment something he referred to in his latest Talk Sport interview as the root cause for our demise this season, but I also put Mowbray, Venus and lately Russell Slade co-responsible too. In any football team at any level there are two criticle positions centre forward and goalkeeper, scoring goals and stopping goals. We started the season with two goalkeepers I had RCC marginally better than Leigh Burge but still not a complete safe pair of hands, we were crying out for an experience older head keeper who would give our young back four confidence which is now so obviously not there. Slade came in in January and I thought it certain a keeper would be brought in and early as he did with Clarke, he hasn't a decision which I think has cost us a number of crucial points.

Similarly with the centre forward position Sordell moved on early January and again thought it certain a replacement was imminent but to no avail. Total neglect ! Anyone who has watched us since Christmas can see these two glaring weaknesses why hasn't Russell Slade ?

I have said in other posts many times I think Tim Fisher is comfortable with relegation to division 2, just as he was with the drop from the championship to division 1 four seasons ago. What better way to achieve that by neglecting the goalkeeper and centre forward positions ?

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Neglect in the form of our owners support is the only reason we are where we are.questjons need to be asked constantly

rupert_bear

Neglect in the form of our owners support is the only reason we are where we are.questjons need to be asked constantly
You are correct, but the manager decided what positions to strengthen and in what order might not get his preferred targets. Slade didn't stick with RCC when he came in he dropped him for Leigh Burge that tells me he wasn't 100% with RCC now we have Burge and Cooke in and out match by match, no good !

stupot07

You are correct, but the manager decided what positions to strengthen and in what order might not get his preferred targets. Slade didn't stick with RCC when he came in he dropped him for Leigh Burge that tells me he wasn't 100% with RCC now we have Burge and Cooke in and out match by match, no good !
Very true over the last 3 season (6 transfer windows) SP, Mowbray and Slade have all preferred to stick with Burge and RCC ahead of bringing in an experienced keeper. (SP brought in the inexperienced Allsop too)

We must have signed 50+ players across those 6 transfer windows and none of them have chosen to sign an experienced winger - thats not lack of cash, that's personal preference.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

You really think that's not down to the budget. Everything is done on the cheap under a cloud of toxicity. Our club has been raped

Captain Dart

Goalkeeper and Centre Forward

I believe neglect of these two first team essentials will prove to be the reason we go down this season which looks more and more likely after each game I put four people responsible Tim Fisher with his policy on how he is running the club which includes and influenced recruitment something he referred to in his latest Talk Sport interview as the root cause for our demise this season, but I also put Mowbray, Venus and lately Russell Slade co-responsible too. In any football team at any level there are two criticle positions centre forward and goalkeeper, scoring goals and stopping goals. We started the season with two goalkeepers I had RCC marginally better than Leigh Burge but still not a complete safe pair of hands, we were crying out for an experience older head keeper who would give our young back four confidence which is now so obviously not there. Slade came in in January and I thought it certain a keeper would be brought in and early as he did with Clarke, he hasn't a decision which I think has cost us a number of crucial points.

Similarly with the centre forward position Sordell moved on early January and again thought it certain a replacement was imminent but to no avail. Total neglect ! Anyone who has watched us since Christmas can see these two glaring weaknesses why hasn't Russell Slade ?

I have said in other posts many times I think Tim Fisher is comfortable with relegation to division 2, just as he was with the drop from the championship to division 1 four seasons ago. What better way to achieve that by neglecting the goalkeeper and centre forward positions ?

"More and more likely", after 2 points in 14 league games I'd say it is nailed on. Just a matter of time before it is a mathematical certainty. Form since Nov 1st 2016.

upload_2017-2-12_12-24-31.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread