Negativity? (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

Are people still feeling negative about next season? Or are spirits slightly higher now? Where do the majority think we will finish?

beduth

I for one ,will be looking forward to it , i believe every away game will have a great atmosphere especially for the home fans , teams like City & Pompey will be big games for some of the clubs , and will be looked on as big scalps to the opposition.

Diehard Si

When we sign someone people think we will win the league.

When we sell someone we're going to struggle.

It's the same mid season after a win or a loss.

I feel our 1st team is actually better than last season, but the squad needs more depth urgently. I'm thinking top 6 if we get a few more in.

CCFC Germany

I think we'll finish 8-12th.
People underestimate League One and think the gap between League One and Championship is bigger than it really is.
We'll go into the season with an awful Championship squad heavily weakend.
Plus AT still is not getting any support at all.
I'd personally be happy if we'd simply not be fighting relegation.

hill83

I'm positive, but I always am regardless of the actual situation when it comes to city. Champions league in 3 years is nailed on.
Seriously though, I think people are pinning their hopes a little bit too much on the new players, I'm holding judgement until we've played the first 7 or 8 games of the season.
If we get off to a bad start it could be a nail biting mid table battle. Off to a good start, you never know; I'd be overjoyed with a top 6 finish.
I can't see the threat of relegation being an issue. We have that little extra bit of quality to avoid that completely I feel.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4232

I'm with Hill83,

I highly doubt we will be mixing it with the relegation contenders, but I consider it a bit too optimistic to think we will bounce straight back up. I think if we start well, we could be looking at a play off spot, which I'd be over the moon with.

Good to hear mostly positivity on here for once, as the constant moan is awful.

Diehard Si

Oh another good indicator is the bookies odds. They don't get caught up in the doom and gloom or wild fantasy. They have us 4th= favs. So around 5th is prob about right.

Chipfat

If they carry on recruiting players like they have, then no reason why we shouldnt have a decent season. The start of the season is massive for us a good start bums on seats and confidence in the team could bing alot of happy fans back with more than hope that we are getting it right..

sky blue john

Your all pissing in the wind !
Reality is we havn't got a clue how tough this division will be and whether our final squad will be good enough.

D

Deleted member 4232

Your all pissing in the wind !
Reality is we havn't got a clue how tough this division will be and whether our final squad will be good enough.

You're right. We don't have a clue what the final squad will be, or how tough the division will be on any game-day, but these are our best guesses. I think we'll have a comfortable season;

I bet, me thinking that, annoys the hell out of you.

Sky Blue Sheepy

We have better players than the start of last season and in a lower league. That's my reason for optimism. As you say though, we don't know for sure. Still, nothing wrong with cautious optimism

smileycov

Facebook User
I am positive, people go on about squad, but it is better than last year and in lower league. We have brought in 3 and have 3 more with it looking likely 2 will sign. thats 5 and the youth that was stepped up. Now i am sure they will find the first team difficult, but we are league 1 so a lot easier than last years youth had!

Not sure how it will go with out looking at the teams around us, truth is in the pudding. But the question was are we positive?

Yes we should be.

Skybluefaz

If Brian Howard signs plus Jennings the mystery centre back and the other mystery man. Who is hopefully a striker, then that really is a lot better then most of us could have hoped for I think

blueflint

who cares about last season fresh start chance to shine hope springs eternal :wave::wave::wave::wave:

The Penguin

I understand people being negative on the grounds that we are still burdened with our current owners, the squad is still somewhat inexperienced (and still too small, in my opinion) and we don't exactly know what League One has in store for us.

However, I think we've brought in some decent players, with possibly a couple of others to follow, and there is the potential to use the loan market later in the season to boost the squad.

So I am cautiously optimistic, but much depends on any further changes made to the playing staff.

I also remain to be convinced about Thorn, but I'm hopeful that the new members of the backroom staff will help ensure improvement on the pitch, both in terms of tactics and performance.

Chipfat

This current squad does look like it has more about it on paper and aslong as we hold on to all and add then we should be ok. If we have to sell again to bring in then replacing players does not have the same effect on a squad as adding. So we'll wait and see, but this second im more positive than i was this time last year as i knew relegation was the most probable outcome....

Users who are viewing this thread