Nearest free on-street parking for the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Ricoh_Arena_parking_zones.jpg I have the map, but the only one I can find is non zoomable.

I do have a list of all the streets covered by the scheme, but it is just a list of street names and without going through it all and checking them against a normal map I have no idea where many of the streets are.

I am looking Keresley, Radford, Holbrooks way ideally. Anyone just park up on a street reasonably close and then walk to the ground?

Going to be really pushing it next Tuesday. Missus is going to London and I have to pick my daughter up from drama at 6.45-7pm and then drop her home before zooming off.

Usually just walk it, but will struggle if I don't set off until after 7. Only other feasible option is a taxi or pay for a car park, but was thinking if I could park on-street just outside the zone and walk in I'd be fine.

fernandopartridge

View attachment 9443 I have the map, but the only one I can find is non zoomable.

I do have a list of all the streets covered by the scheme, but it is just a list of street names and without going through it all and checking them against a normal map I have no idea where many of the streets are.

I am looking Keresley, Radford, Holbrooks way ideally. Anyone just park up on a street reasonably close and then walk to the ground?

Going to be really pushing it next Tuesday. Missus is going to London and I have to pick my daughter up from drama at 6.45-7pm and then drop her home before zooming off.

Usually just walk it, but will struggle if I don't set off until after 7. Only other feasible option is a taxi or pay for a car park, but was thinking if I could park on-street just outside the zone and walk in I'd be fine.
The Blackburn Road industrial estate off Longford Rd. Still a decent walk mind.

Grendel

I’ve parked in roads near the Hub (?) pub before and never had a ticket but I’m sure it’s in a zone it’s not that far away

Otis

Can't seem to find a map I can zoom in on. That would make it really easy to see exactly where the zone starts and stops.

pastythegreat

View attachment 9443 I have the map, but the only one I can find is non zoomable.

I always park at cov Welsh on Burbage Lane and never see signs or double yellows and think about parking there. Then lose my bottle and think I'd rather pay the £5 car park than risk a £60 fine. But looking at your map it looks like it's outside the zone.

Stan

I always park at cov Welsh on Burbage Lane and never see signs or double yellows and think about parking there. Then lose my bottle and think I'd rather pay the £5 car park than risk a £60 fine. But looking at your map it looks like it's outside the zone.
Don't park on Burbages lane as it's covered by Nuneaton @ Bedworth scheme.

pastythegreat

Don't park on Burbages lane as it's covered by Nuneaton @ Bedworth scheme.
Yes, it's split in 2, top end (cov welsh) Nuneaton council. Bottom end (Rowley club) cov council. I know that cov council enforce tickets there, but on the other end there are NO signs on the street AT ALL that say no parking on match day, there are also no double yellows, all the things they'd need to legally ticket cars parked there. Also NEITHER end is part of the parking zone on the map Otis has posted. Very strange if you ask me. It seems to me that you should be able to park here and IF ticketed should be able to contest it, but like I Say, I always opt to pay £5 parking. Just in case.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

The parking goes on for miles my brother used to live by the convoy and had it in his road, if you need a lift I can pick you up and I have a parking space 10 mins walk away.

SonofErnie

Normally I park on Beresford Avenue next to the Unipart depot. There’s a jetty past a primary school and a bridge across the A444 onto Lythalls Lane. It’s about a 10 minute walk. I’ve found spaces along there even when we’ve had a 30k crowd.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I park on Glentworth Avenue and have been doing so for years and walk. Probably a 20-25 minute walk but places to pick up some grub and a beer for the road if you so wish!

CJ_covblaze

Yes, it's split in 2, top end (cov welsh) Nuneaton council. Bottom end (Rowley club) cov council. I know that cov council enforce tickets there, but on the other end there are NO signs on the street AT ALL that say no parking on match day, there are also no double yellows, all the things they'd need to legally ticket cars parked there. Also NEITHER end is part of the parking zone on the map Otis has posted. Very strange if you ask me. It seems to me that you should be able to park here and IF ticketed should be able to contest it, but like I Say, I always opt to pay £5 parking. Just in case.

There is. I live in the next street and they have them there too. The parking blokes have done both streets during both our and Wasps’ games this season.

pw362

Royal Hotel on Old Church Road 15 minute walk from Ricoh has free parking if that help's

pastythegreat

There is. I live in the next street and they have them there too. The parking blokes have done both streets during both our and Wasps’ games this season.
Well that's news to me, I've never seen any signs. They're not very clear because it's not like I just didn't see them, I purposely look for the signs every time I drive in and can't see anything anywhere.

Nick

Administrator
There are signs all the way back to the Royal Oak in Ash Green.
Then they are down Vicarage Lane by the Church.

matesx

Park at the cherry tree for a measly £3

7 minute walk to the ground

archieboy

I park in the cherry for Saturday matches and have a pint before but for night games I can’t leave home until 6.45 at the earliest and live 22 miles from the Ricoh so I park in burger king and buy some grub then leave the van there!

oucho

Well that's news to me, I've never seen any signs. They're not very clear because it's not like I just didn't see them, I purposely look for the signs every time I drive in and can't see anything anywhere.

Same for me - the signs are there alright it's just that when you're concentrating on the road it's easy to miss them.

pastythegreat

Same for me - the signs are there alright it's just that when you're concentrating on the road it's easy to miss them.
I'm not driving on Friday so I'll make sure I have a proper good look this time.

Users who are viewing this thread