Nazanin Radcliffe (1 Viewer)

SBT

If we really did hand over half a billion dollars to Tehran as part of the deal, then that might be one of the biggest ransom deals of all time?

Flying Fokker

If the original sum was £400000000 then it would now be. £2,153,378,076.06 just wondering? Or perhaps original debt of £73Million?

Last edited:

Grendel

If the original sum was £400000000 then it would now be. £2,153,378,076.06 just wondering? Or perhaps original debt of £73Million?

you jest but the US interest payment was much higher than the original sum

clint van damme

Just said on the radio its not cash and there are caveats on what it can be spent on and mechanisms for monitoring it.
Apparently a lot of the American cash went on war in Syrria

SBT

Just said on the radio its not cash and there are caveats on what it can be spent on and mechanisms for monitoring it.
Apparently a lot of the American cash went on war in Syrria

Supposedly it’s only to be spent on humanitarian projects.

Still - it’s an extraordinary amount of money to be giving to a country like Iran, in return for a few hostages.

Grendel

Supposedly it’s only to be spent on humanitarian projects.

Still - it’s an extraordinary amount of money to be giving to a country like Iran, in return for a few hostages.

obama gave 2.3 billion didn’t he?

Grendel

Not sure where you’ve got that figure from - I’ve seen $1.7 billion. I’m sure you’re as horrified with this deal as you were with that one?

Were you horrified with the Obama administration paying that

skybluetony176

I’m not sure that anyone should be “horrified” that either us or the US have paid money to Iran that was legally owed to them for the past however many decades as determined by an international court and was agreed to be paid back 35 years ago. Be horrified by the tactics Iran have taken to finally get that payment but don’t be horrified that we’re paying outstanding debt. It’s legally owed, simple as.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Were you horrified with the Obama administration paying that

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread