Nations league (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

After watching the highlights of this game, I don't think Kane, Sterling or Rashford are ever going to become great goal-scorers.
They are just not clinical enough, nor do they have the skill or power.
We are badly missing someone like Shearer, Lineker, Owen or Defoe.
Hopefully, a good young striker ot two will emerge in the next few years.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Belgium were 2-0 up which means Switzerland have to win by 2 or more clear goals, Swiss now 3-2 up so a goal short of qualifying as it stands!

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Belgium were 2-0 up which means Switzerland have to win by 2 or more clear goals, Swiss now 3-2 up so a goal short of qualifying as it stands!

You watching? Mental game.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Switzerland now 4-2 up!

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

How does it all impact on qualifying for 2020? It plays a part doesn’t it this competition?

We are now guaranteed a play off spot along with the other 15 group winners. However two teams qualify from each group next year and we’ll only have 5 in ours. This means it’s unlikely we’ll need the place so it’ll go to the next best team in the rankings that either isn’t in the play offs or qualified already. This will end up happening with most of the PO spots and we’ll end up with a lot of teams getting into them from League D.

covcity4life

After watching the highlights of this game, I don't think Kane, Sterling or Rashford are ever going to become great goal-scorers.
LOL WHAT? Harry Kane is a top 5 striker in world and may well become englands top scorer ever

covcity4life

With that line up we’ve got to be favourites
not sure about favourites. Portugal are a very good team and holland getting back to what they should be. will be tough and evenly matched

chances are france will make it though, germany wont want any further humiliation tonight at home to holland

CJ_covblaze

Give your head a wobble.
1. Sterling isn’t there to be an outright goal scorer.
2. Kane has scored 20 in just 35 games. He’s proven he can do it against the best in the world.
3. You want a good young striker to emerge? Rashford is 21.

CJ_covblaze

not sure about favourites. Portugal are a very good team and holland getting back to what they should be. will be tough and evenly matched

chances are france will make it though, germany wont want any further humiliation tonight at home to holland

I wouldn’t mind France making it. They’d be clear favourites and will make things a lot tougher but flights would be cheaper as the Dutch will travel in huge numbers.

Gazolba

Give your head a wobble.
1. Sterling isn’t there to be an outright goal scorer.
2. Kane has scored 20 in just 35 games. He’s proven he can do it against the best in the world.
3. You want a good young striker to emerge? Rashford is 21.

Proven he can do it against the best in the world?
Kane scored one against Germany in a friendly, two against France (one a penalty) in a friendly, two against Colombia (one a penalty) in WC, and the one against Croatia.
All the rest were against minor nations, three against Panama, of which two were penalties.
He's never scored against Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Italy or Holland.
Never scored against Germany or France in a competetive game.

I don't foresee Rashford ever becoming a great striker.
I can't see him becoming as good as Andy Cole, Ian Wright or Jermaine Defoe were.

CJ_covblaze

Kane scored one against Germany in a friendly, two against France (one a penalty) in a friendly, two against Colombia (one a penalty) in WC, and the one against Croatia.
All the rest were against minor nations, three against Panama, of which two were penalties.

I can't see him becoming as good as Andy Cole, Ian Wright or Jermaine Defoe were.

Kane’s yet to play against Brazil or Argentina. He’s also yet to play against Germany or France in a competitive fixture. As for Spain and Italy he was man of the match the last time we played both of those sides away. The Italy game was his first international start.

His performance against Spain was the best I’ve seen from an England player.

The fact you’re claiming that Argentina are one of the best teams in the world says a lot about your knowledge about international football. They’re poor at best. Just out of interest how many times have you seen the players you’ve listed live? Genuine question.

CJ_covblaze

Holland equalise in the last minute to qualify for the semis. Another crazy game.

Gazolba

<snip>

The fact you’re claiming that Argentina are one of the best teams in the world says a lot about your knowledge about international football. They’re poor at best. Just out of interest how many times have you seen the players you’ve listed live? Genuine question.
Argentina are currently ranked 12th in the World by FIFA, above Germany, Holland and Italy.

Of Kane's 20 international goals, only 4 were scored against strong nations (Switzerland, Colombia and Croatia) in competetive games, and one of those four was a penalty.
The fact, as you pointed out, that he has not played against many of the top nations, just goes to prove my point that he is as yet unproven against them.

covcity4life

rashford has far more talent than defoe, you are mistaken in thinking that all great strikers are fox in box poachers. rashford has a great all round game and will only improve

kane has also scored vs barcalona and real madrid ffs, he is world class

you are a typical hater,no substance to anything you put forward

skybluegod

Argentina are currently ranked 12th in the World by FIFA, above Germany, Holland and Italy.

Of Kane's 20 international goals, only 4 were scored against strong nations (Switzerland, Colombia and Croatia) in competetive games, and one of those four was a penalty.
The fact, as you pointed out, that he has not played against many of the top nations, just goes to prove my point that he is as yet unproven against them.

Italy failed to reach the world Cup, Argentina have won 6 games this year= Nigeria, Guatemala, Iraq, Haiti, Italy and Mexico. They won a game against what you consider a top side was Italy in March? An Italy team that has won twice in 2018...

Kane has scored against i think 25/26 premier league teams he has faced. Against the likes of Barcelona, Dortmund, Juventus etc... He is world class.

skybluegod

rashford has far more talent than defoe, you are mistaken in thinking that all great strikers are fox in box poachers. rashford has a great all round game and will only improve

~He hasn't scored against Madrid I don't think! But agree with you argument. Rashford will be a great player.

Captain Dart

Rashford is miles better than Ian Wright. Remember Rashford is still only 21.

itsabuzzard

Harsh final paragraph.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Come on then, your top 10 strikers in international football?

covcity4life

for me CURRENTLY

in no particular order: (proper number 9 types)

Icardi,Kane,Aguero,Suarez,Cavani,Dzeko,Alacar,Ronaldo,Mpabbe,Lewandowski

Left out likes of neymar,salah,messi as winger dribble types etc

We are extremly lucky to have harry kane

Otis

for me CURRENTLY

in no particular order: (proper number 9 types)

Icardi,Kane,Aguero,Suarez,Cavani,Dzeko,Alacar,Ronaldo,Mpabbe,Lewandowski

Left out likes of neymar,salah,messi as winger dribble types etc

We are extremly lucky to have harry kane
Not sure there if it's your bad spelling again, or if some of those on that list are actual players.

CJ_covblaze

USA are also ranked in the top 25 which is all we need to know about that. I'll ask you again. How many times have you seen him and the other two you mentioned play live?

Users who are viewing this thread