Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (1 Viewer)

procdoc

As a Cardiff resident I’m led to believe he was a popular member of the squad...and was definitely popular with the fans. As has been said before, that’s a risk with signing anyone. Michael Doyle for example sounds like he couldve got in a fight in an empty room.
I met Doyle in jumping jacks during his first spell with us, was a bellend

Magwitch

Strange that six months on and nobody seems to know the real reason other than rumour why he was sacked, I can only assume then that what happened involved his employer, Cardiff City, anything outside I reckon would have come to light.

wingy

He suffers from asthma, not sure how bad but would be a big gamble I think. We already have one player with a similar condition who can't get in the team.
Well who knows there's always two sides to a story and only a very few people will know the real one,but it be good to publish the whole suggested misdemeanours behind the sacking to evaluate .
Reading that article he has some genuine concerns re the health impact to him and his family on the then unknowns of Covid .
It wouldn't be too good if the reasons were conflated to suit an employer's responsibility .
I have no way of knowing nor do any of us bar the usual social media and the club statement .

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If it was anything illegal and the club had proof of it they're duty bound to inform the authorities so suggests it was internal. However the fact he was just straight out sacked - no suspension or warning - suggests it was a serious matter

As far as I'm aware he never contested his sacking in court which also suggests whatever it was must have been accurate. Can't see anyone just accepting losing such a well-paid job unless they're bang to rights.

steve cooper

Well who knows there's always two sides to a story and only a very few people will know the real one,but it be good to publish the whole suggested misdemeanours behind the sacking to evaluate .
Reading that article he has some genuine concerns re the health impact to him and his family on the then unknowns of Covid .
It wouldn't be too good if the reasons were conflated to suit an employer's responsibility .
I have no way of knowing nor do any of us bar the usual social media and the club statement .
I does make you wonder. Reading the article, if accurate, he is/was badly affected mentally by Covid, and it seemed that he might be refusing to play, who knows. That could explain why he didn't contest the sacking, and why he hasn't joined another club. But it's all guesswork. He would obviously have been on big money as well.

Alkhen

Been revealed today that he was sacked by Cardiff after getting a 3-month ban for cocaine use. Now at Middlesbrough.

Well that's a fair bit tamer than some of the rumours doing the rounds!

Good business for Boro then. Shame we didn't have a go

higgs

How long is his contract maybe we could sniff out a bargain in the summer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread