Narcissistic Personality Disorder (1 Viewer)

Skybluenutterman

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and to others in the process. It is estimated that this condition affects one percent of the population. Does this ring any bells with anyone connected to our club?!? #bringcityhome.

standupforcity

It's worse than that I'm afraid......in fact it's hard to find a label that comes anywhere close to describing sisu's behaviour. It's beyond comprehension! Definition of madness...doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Still doesn't cover it!

Last edited:

shmmeee

i always thought this fitted quite well TBH:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Psychopathy (/sˈkɒpəθi/) (or sociopathy /ˈssiəˌpæθi/) is traditionally defined as apersonality disorder characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, diminished empathy andremorse, and disinhibited or bold behavior.
(...)

• Boldness. Low fear including stress-tolerance, toleration of unfamiliarity and danger, and high self-confidence and socialassertiveness. The PCL-R measures this relatively poorly and mainly through Facet 1 of Factor 1. Similar to PPI Fearless dominance. May correspond to differences in the amygdala and other neurological systems associated with fear.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP]
  • Disinhibition. Poor impulse control including problems with planning and foresight, lacking affect and urge control, demand for immediate gratification, and poor behavioral restraints. Similar to PCL-R Factor 2 and PPI Impulsive antisociality. May correspond to impairments in frontal lobe systems that are involved in such control.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP]
  • Meanness. Lacking empathy and close attachments with others, disdain of close attachments, use of cruelty to gainempowerment, exploitative tendencies, defiance of authority, and destructive excitement seeking. The PCL-R in general is related to this but in particular some elements in Factor 1. Similar to PPI Coldheartedness but also includes elements of subscales in Impulsive antisociality. Meanness may possibly be caused by either high boldness or high disinhibition combined with an adverse environment. Thus, a child with high boldness may respond poorly to punishment but may respond better to rewards and secure attachments which may not be available under adverse conditions. A child with high disinhibition may have increased problems under adverse conditions with meanness developing in response/

Otis

I actually have a friend who has Paranoid Personailty Disorder. Not quite the same thing I know, but some of the traits are a little similar. :(

If you're talking about Tim here and he does indeed have NPD, maybe he will end up in prison too.

skybluetony176

I actually have a friend who has Paranoid Personailty Disorder. Not quite the same thing I know, but some of the traits are a little similar. :(

If you're talking about Tim here and he does indeed have NPD, maybe he will end up in prison too.

My wife works in the prison service and she informs me that the one commonality in almost 100% of prisoners is it is always someone else's fault. The common one being "the judge got it wrong". Even the one's that admit they are there because they did the crime say it wasn't their fault that they did the crime.

Otis

My wife works in the prison service and she informs me that the one commonality in almost 100% of prisoners is it is always someone else's fault. The common one being "the judge got it wrong". Even the one's that admit they are there because they did the crime say it wasn't their fault that they did the crime.

Well this is this friend. Blames everyone else. The judge,the police, the social worker, her solicitor, anyone in authority.

Definitely got PPD though. Matches every single trait.

She's lovely with all her friends and family. A really nice person. Completely opposite with anyone in any sort of authority though when she is confronted by any sort of conflict.

She's fallen out with her children's headteacher, her GP, the police, the solicitor, the social worker, managers of any social services department. She's written letters to David Cameron and the Queen asking for their help (had her kids taken off her) and when they didn't offer their help she openly declared that she would choke them both to death with her bare hands. When the headteacher wouldn't help her in support of trying to get her children back she wrote a letter to the school saying he was a paedophile. :(

Trouble is as with most of these illnesses, she can not accept herself that she has this disorder and there lies the main problem. Tried to seek help for her myself but have been told that she herself needs to make the first move.

Went to her last court case (she's had at least 10) and she was lovely all the way through the case and spoke softly and nicely and respectfully. As soon as she was found guilty she shouted at the judge that he was a facist that the whole justice system was facist and that Britain is all corrupt. She was ranting and raving. Any conflict with her thinking and rationailty and she becomes a different person.

It's a very sad tale.

Might cheer me up a bit though if I knew our Tim had a mental disorder too mind. ;)

Last edited:

Skybluenutterman

Not sure if TF or JS has this but one of them must have. Surely they can't both fall within the 1% of the population?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Not sure if TF or JS has this but one of them must have. Surely they can't both fall within the 1% of the population?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both NPD and Psychopathy are more common in the financial sector AFAIK. Something about those illnesses helps in that area.

Grendel

Both NPD and Psychopathy are more common in the financial sector AFAIK. Something about those illnesses helps in that area.

Any evidence to support that claim?

shmmeee

I'll dig up the research, there's also a quite a bit about how closeness to money reduces teamwork an empathy.

General look at psychopaths at the top of industry: http://www.lifepsych.com/linksworkarticle01psychopath.htm

An article talking about finance in particular, references a claim 10% are psychopaths in that industry; http://blogs.hbr.org/2012/03/psychopaths-on-wall-street/

Study showing handling money decreases helpfulness:
http://www.psmag.com/navigation/business-economics/handling-money-decreases-helpful-behavior-72644/

Another showing thought of money makes you more selfish: http://m.livescience.com/1128-mere-thought-money-people-selfish.html

Last edited:

Samo

Well yes and especially in law I would have thought.

I believe Shmmeee is right, there has been a lot of research into this. Psychopaths are highly manipulative, often quite charming but lacking empathy. A cocktail ideal for business and law.
A lot of people in top positions are there because they were willing to step on anyone without a backwards glance.

rondog1973

If we are referring to Seppala, let's not forget what a Judge in a previous case said of her in summary.

"You recalled events that never actually took place and I have no reason to disbelieve that you believe they actually occurred".

Otis

If we are referring to Seppala, let's not forget what a Judge in a previous case said of her in summary.

"You recalled events that never actually took place and I have no reason to disbelieve that you believe they actually occurred".

Which then therefore pinpoints the exact location of the new stadium.

In her head.

skybluefred

Well this is this friend. Blames everyone else. The judge,the police, the social worker, her solicitor, anyone in authority.

Definitely got PPD though. Matches every single trait.

She's lovely with all her friends and family. A really nice person. Completely opposite with anyone in any sort of authority though when she is confronted by any sort of conflict.

She's fallen out with her children's headteacher, her GP, the police, the solicitor, the social worker, managers of any social services department. She's written letters to David Cameron and the Queen asking for their help (had her kids taken off her) and when they didn't offer their help she openly declared that she would choke them both to death with her bare hands. When the headteacher wouldn't help her in support of trying to get her children back she wrote a letter to the school saying he was a paedophile. :(

Trouble is as with most of these illnesses, she can not accept herself that she has this disorder and there lies the main problem. Tried to seek help for her myself but have been told that she herself needs to make the first move.

Went to her last court case (she's had at least 10) and she was lovely all the way through the case and spoke softly and nicely and respectfully. As soon as she was found guilty she shouted at the judge that he was a facist that the whole justice system was facist and that Britain is all corrupt. She was ranting and raving. Any conflict with her thinking and rationailty and she becomes a different person.

It's a very sad tale.

Might cheer me up a bit though if I knew our Tim had a mental disorder too mind. ;)

I thought we all knew that.

skybluetony176

Jeremy Vine did a stint on his radio show not so long ago about it. It might still be on his I Player if you're interested in listening to it. It was specifically about top executives in the financial and banking industries. Was very interesting and yes I did immediately think of SISU's henchmen.

mds

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and to others in the process. It is estimated that this condition affects one percent of the population. Does this ring any bells with anyone connected to our club?!? #bringcityhome.

Posted by the nutterman himself :)

Cov City Daytrader 87

Guys here's my view. Now I've taken this a couple of life coaches from what they say after watching their videos.

So lets take Joy Seppela.

She wants to own the Stadium. If she doesn't then she feel insignificant/like a failure/empty/not enough.

Now this could be caused by the fact Paul Fletcher stated Coventry City own the stadium. Meaning 'Oh must own this stadium now or else I'm not good enough'. So basically she's trying to force it (like she wants to own it now). The purpose? Just to boost her ego.

Well! Not everything can comes instantly. Therefore, one can't force it. It takes time.

Another Ms Seppela happy inside?

I say no!

They're a Hedge Fund.

Greedy B:censored:s might be the correct label :wave:

Last edited:

Sky Blue Dal

Rupert Murdoch is another sufferer.

He suffers so much that it's irreversible. The only other option is to send him to hell. :)

Otis

Rupert Murdoch is another sufferer.

He suffers so much that it's irreversible. The only other option is to send him to hell. :)

Think you'll find he's already lined up a load of retail outlets selling toasting forks upon his arrival.

dadgad

Robert Maxwell was another.
They, without medication and help, (which involves an acknowledgement that there IS a problem), drift into states of denial and repetition.

It becomes an addiction with strong psychopathic overtones.

Samo

Robert Maxwell was another.
They, without medication and help, (which involves an acknowledgement that there IS a problem), drift into states of denial and repetition.

It becomes an addiction with strong psychopathic overtones.

Psychopathy is a personality disorder... You can't medicate someone's personality.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Psychopathy is a personality disorder... You can't medicate someone's personality.

Medication now we're talking I could become a doctor as well,private practice loads of money:claping hands:Grendel old chum you still have'nt replied to me about the E type yet looks like I'll be able to afford it now;)

Samo

Medication now we're talking I could become a doctor as well,private practice loads of money:claping hands:Grendel old chum you still have'nt replied to me about the E type yet looks like I'll be able to afford it now;)

Will you be specializing in PMSD? (Post Match Stress Disorder) I think there could be a big market in Cov.

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Will you specializing in PMSD? (Post Match Stress Disorder) I think there could be a big market in Cov.

Can't afford to specialize Monday -Accounts, Tuesday -Court, Wednesday-Councelling, Thursday-Medication, Friday back in court pretty full week really,just hope that nobody can think of another subject I should be studying otherwise I'll have to give up my leisure pursuits such as Hill walking;)

Samo

Can't afford to specialize Monday -Accounts, Tuesday -Court, Wednesday-Councelling, Thursday-Medication, Friday back in court pretty full week really,just hope that nobody can think of another subject I should be studying otherwise I'll have to give up my leisure pursuits such as Hill walking;)

I walk around them, do you? Walking over them is too... well... hilly

mds

Take a refereeing course, make some use of that whistle!

Users who are viewing this thread