"Name Your Price" says Ann Lucas (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

I would say the most logical part is probably sisu - they live on numbers.
CCC is probably the least logical part - they live on oppinions.

Mind you would Sisu winning their JR on the Council impact the chances of getting the Arena cheaper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

What sort of slimy shit makes a comment like this:

"There is no point at all in dredging up the discredited landlord-tenant debate. We cannot return to the clutches of a rapacious landlord which has done so much to damage the club through two generations of ownership.”

The man is nothing more than a 1990's spin doctor and his PR skills are appalling.

As for getting on a train, how about getting that cold hearted bitch of an owner up here to the city she clearly hates so much?

RoboCCFC90

What sort of slimy shit makes a comment like this:

"There is no point at all in dredging up the discredited landlord-tenant debate. We cannot return to the clutches of a rapacious landlord which has done so much to damage the club through two generations of ownership.”

The man is nothing more than a 1990's spin doctor and his PR skills are appalling.

As for getting on a train, how about getting that cold hearted bitch of an owner up here to the city she clearly hates so much?

As I said on another thread Joy won't come to Coventry simply because if people knew that Joy and Ann were discussing a deal at the Council House then I suspect some idiots would gather outside.

Sky Blue Kid

RoboCCFC90....That's how your post came across to me , if not apologies......@ hill83....Nothing patronising in what I said. It's an observation. What was it RFC said yesterday about people being "Anti-Owners"...what about the Pro-Owners. It's called "Lack of vision" Some follow blindly like sheep.....Others of us look at both sides of the coin as I did well before SISU "Stole" this football club from the fans nearly 7 years ago.

RoboCCFC90

RoboCCFC90....That's how your post came across to me , if not apologies......@ hill83....Nothing patronising in what I said. It's an observation. What was it RFC said yesterday about people being "Anti-Owners"...what about the Pro-Owners. It's called "Lack of vision" Some follow blindly like sheep.....Others of us look at both sides of the coin as I did well before SISU "Stole" this football club from the fans nearly 7 years ago.

Nope just meant as a laugh, bad sense of humour on my part.

SBK you said "follow blindly like sheep"? Remind us where you live again ;)

Godiva

Mind you would Sisu winning their JR on the Council impact the chances of getting the Arena cheaper?

Well, I hope it is resolved before the JR starts.
I would think some people in the CCC would like that very much too.

bigfatronssba

£25-26m isn't a bad guess.
- £14m to buy out the mortgage and the freehold
- £6m to buy the Higgs shares
- £6m for the ccc shares

Maybe a little more for the ACL shares and a little less for the mortgage and the freehold.

Put the freehold in a propco under the SBS&L umbrella.
Release ACL from their duties and bring in AEG to manage the stadium.

I think they would be looking at a bit more than that.

CCC put in directly around £13m (from what I recall anyway), based on inflation from 2003 that is now worth £17.5m
Higgs put in £6.5m, would be worth nearer £8.75m today.

Then to repay the £14m mortgage, you would be looking at nearer £40m altogether.

bigfatronssba

As I said on another thread Joy won't come to Coventry simply because if people knew that Joy and Ann were discussing a deal at the Council House then I suspect some idiots would gather outside.

You mean like Les Reid?

wingy

CCC put In circa £21M. that is why the Lease was set at that and the Council recouped Its outlay from It .Their current exposure Is the £14M. Loan .I still don't see why If they lose the JR which Is'nt a given ,more of a perception currently that they could'nt simply return to the Landlord /Tennent arrangement at the Move In ,where ACL payed £900K. per an.

bigfatronssba

OyJimmy

I note that the council will listen to offers from anyone interested in the Ricoh. Cue a higher bid from another party? That would screw things up for Sisu....

CaptainMorgan

Les Reid spins a headline that suggests Ann Lucas is open to offers from Sisu but goes on to state.....

"I’ve made it clear and it’s no secret I am prepared to talk to, and do business with, any sensible legitimate business person with any offer to make"

Which bit of "sensible and legitimate" remotely relates to Sisu??

duffer

So they Offering £4m for the stadium and the surrounding land... Am I right in saying that??? ... the Coventry Tax payers will not be happy if that is the case. The CCC can do much better selling elsewhere.

Offering £4m is taking the piss, frankly. The widely quoted £6.4m was the worst-case value of the leaseholder, ACL, when under distress from the rent strike, and before they'd started to put together a post-CCFC plan. It's nothing to do with the value of the freehold and the land, and it's pretty lazy reporting to suggest otherwise. I note the CET have been a bit clearer lately.

If a smaller, worse-located, flat-pack stadium costs £25m, how much is a 32,000 seat purpose-built arena worth?

The other point here is that CCC have a statutory duty to get the best value when selling their assets - throwing it over to SISU for £4m just to get CCFC back might find them in court again!

Sky Blue Kid

@ RoboCCFC90........I live in one of the most beautiful places in the UK. Caerphilly South Wales. Remind us all of where you live "Carrot Cruncher" ;)

tisza

CCC put In circa £21M. that is why the Lease was set at that and the Council recouped Its outlay from It .Their current exposure Is the £14M. Loan .I still don't see why If they lose the JR which Is'nt a given ,more of a perception currently that they could'nt simply return to the Landlord /Tennent arrangement at the Move In ,where ACL payed £900K. per an.

They put in 10 million in capital equity then received the 21 million in prudential borrowing. The 21 million was then cleared by acl paying a lease premium - which was done with the Yorkshire bank loan "taken over" by CCC.

Astute

More 'spin', this time from the Council! LOL

And here was me thinking it was SISU saying that no offer of rent free for the rest of the season and 100k a season if we stayed as low as they had taken us hadn't been made to them as the offer was made through the FL to them :facepalm:

wingy

They put in 10 million in capital equity then received the 21 million in prudential borrowing. The 21 million was then cleared by acl paying a lease premium - which was done with the Yorkshire bank loan "taken over" by CCC.

Sorry my mistake,thus their 50% stake equates to their £10M.:facepalm:

Astute

No angry fan is an idiot, but you can see people reacting in a bad way and that's not the way to sort this situation.

It should all be done the SISU way :thinking about:

RoboCCFC90

@ RoboCCFC90........I live in one of the most beautiful places in the UK. Caerphilly South Wales. Remind us all of where you live "Carrot Cruncher" ;)

"One of the most beautiful places" Yeah behind Devon. I do drive my tractor regularly sheep shagger ;)

Sky Blue Kid

@ RoboCCFC90....Have you been to Caerphilly?....BTW, I'm not a "Sheep Shagger", I just "Pimp them out to Carrot Crunchers" ;)

The Prefect

You can't get any fairer than that. Get a proper valuation of it, I would still like to know where this 6.4 million estimate came from though, I am pretty sure that was just for the lease rather than the actual bricks and everything with it.

If SISU want the bricks, mortar, grass etc then get that valued properly and get on with it...

I agree with this. However, SISU want to value the Arena (ACL / Ricoh) on the basis that the club aren't paying rent and the council will want to value it as if it were combined. As it benefits SISU to own it the valuation should be done on the combined - as the council don't need to sell.

Lucas has said she's willing to sell - so I have very serious doubts as to whether this was not discussed. I'd cast doubt on any suggestion it wasn't - although that may have been the case.

Having worked in business for 25 years there's one simple maxim. "We're not for sale but we can be bought." This applies to ACL / Ricoh. CCC have said they're willing to discuss - so someone need to get on and make an offer to get things moving.

What you're hearing from the club is 'noise' designed to increase pressure. Lucas is right to say things were private and confidential and make no further statements. I'm sure JS will have been told to put up or shut up by 31st December.

SISU are buying time - as they can sit in Northampton for two years with no issues.

RoboCCFC90

@ RoboCCFC90....Have you been to Caerphilly?....BTW, I'm not a "Sheep Shagger", I just "Pimp them out to Carrot Crunchers" ;)

I only go where the Away Days take me so unless City ever have to play Caerphilly it's a no, I have heard many good things about Caerphilly tho. We appreciate it as well fella ;) Hill83 hasn't replied yet but he is busy in the Wheatsheaf ;)

tisza

ISISU are buying time - as they can sit in Northampton for two years with no issues.

Aren't SISU claiming to be putting in 3 million a year whilst they are in Northampton? Maybe not major compared to a new stadium - built or purchased - but still money investors are having to trump up.

SkyBlueMatt

Good news but there has to be stipulations in the purchase, it has to be owned by the football club because otherwise we will be in a worse situation in a few more years than we are now.

If SISU get full ownership of the Ricoh we will not be any better off, it may mean playing football again in Coventry for a few more years but it will get far worse. Anyone who believes otherwise is being very naive.

tuousis

Good news but there has to be stipulations in the purchase, it has to be owned by the football club because otherwise we will be in a worse situation in a few more years than we are now.

If SISU get full ownership of the Ricoh we will not be any better off, it may mean playing football again in Coventry for a few more years but it will get far worse. Anyone who believes otherwise is being very naive.
SPOT ON Matt

jesus-wept

Haven't read all the posts so sorry if this has been asked but what if sisu did take up the gauntlet thrown down by Lucas and made an offer but that offer was gazumped by another party, not beyond the realms of possibility there are possibly one or two quietly waiting in the wings, what would happen then ? As it is money that would go into the local council coffers surely they would have to consider all offers and possibly sell to the highest bidder or could end up with another Judicial Review !

Godiva

Haven't read all the posts so sorry if this has been asked but what if sisu did take up the gauntlet thrown down by Lucas and made an offer but that offer was gazumped by another party, not beyond the realms of possibility there are possibly one or two quietly waiting in the wings, what would happen then ? As it is money that would go into the local council coffers surely they would have to consider all offers and possibly sell to the highest bidder or could end up with another Judicial Review !

They can't simply make an offer out of the blue.
The parties need to agree heads of terms - show intentions of being a buyer and being a seller on set conditions.
Then they need to do a due dilligence to make sure all contracts and financial arrangements is known.

Users who are viewing this thread