My "Wear your hat backwards" protest (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I have decided that I am going to wear my woolly CCFC hat on backwards as a protest against all things ownership/management for the rest of the season.
Minimal effort and , most likely, minimum impact. However, its damned easy to do, I don't have to make a flag or chant my displeasure particularly. In fact I don't have to think about it at all.

I will not show the CCFC logo/ crest/ badge except to the person sitting behind me at the Ricoh, and the chances of someone sitting directly behind me at the Ricoh are minimum. I though about turning my back during the whole game, but this is easier.

Feel free to join in. If you haven't got a hat then simply don't bother. If you have but we have very warm spell as often happens in the spring, don't bother even taking a hat with you.

This is a very much "please yourself if you can be arsed" campaign which I am going to start from the next home match. So if you see some middle aged tosspot with his hat on backwards it possible he's doing it as a protest as much as it's likely that he can't dress properly.

Anyone up for it ?

Last edited:

ccfcway

I have banned myself interacting with anything with the word "Fisher" in it.

Kids cant have Fisher Price toys, I'm not eating Fishermans Friends, and I am not watching any films with Isla Fisher in them.

I feel i am playing my small part in this protest !

Noggin

I'm going to stay at home, turn my back to the game and wear my hat backwards/not wear my hat. 3 protests in one. <SuperFan! Award for me

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'm going to stay at home, turn my back to the game and wear my hat backwards/not wear my hat. 3 protests in one. <SuperFan! Award for me

....ah Noggin, you've overlooked one hugely important issue. If you turn your back then you MUST NOT turn your hat as well, otherwise it will face to the front.....if you see what I mean. This is more complicated than I first thought .

Captain Dart

There is a road called Fisherwick Road near Lichfield. I refuse to drive down it.

In view of this protest is it now unacceptable to rather like Dave Fishwick? (I'd hate it if he turned out to be a chancer after all).
PS http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...ve-founder-Dave-Fishwick-new-Loan-Ranger.html
PPS http://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/dave-fishwick-s-can-property-pay-your-wages-on-tv-1-7107499

I was thinking about turning my wooly hat inside out for maximum impact!

That is OK if you are dandruff free if not it is a bit gauche.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

I have decided that I am going to wear my woolly CCFC hat on backwards as a protest against all things ownership/management for the rest of the season.
Minimal effort and , most likely, minimum impact. However, its damned easy to do, I don't have to make a flag or chant my displeasure particularly. In fact I don't have to think about it at all.

I will not show the CCFC logo/ crest/ badge except to the person sitting behind me at the Ricoh, and the chances of someone sitting directly behind me at the Ricoh are minimum. I though about turning my back during the whole game, but this is easier.

Feel free to join in. If you haven't got a hat then simply don't bother. If you have but we have very warm spell as often happens in the spring, don't bother even taking a hat with you.

This is a very much "please yourself if you can be arsed" campaign which I am going to start from the next home match. So if you see some middle aged tosspot with his hat on backwards it possible he's doing it as a protest as much as it's likely that he can't dress properly.

Anyone up for it ?
This has brought back memories of my granddad as he always wore a cap but when he'd had a skinful down the pub his cap would end up backwards ! Good luck with your protest anyway.

Otis

Kids cant have Fisher Price toys, I'm not eating Fishermans Friends, and I am not watching any films with Isla Fisher in them.

I think you need to stop fishing for compliments too.

Noggin

....ah Noggin, you've overlooked one hugely important issue. If you turn your back then you MUST NOT turn your hat as well, otherwise it will face to the front.....if you see what I mean. This is more complicated than I first thought .

oh gosh! I'll look like a sisu sympathiser with my hat faceing the pitch. I've decided to go nude instead. Then which ever way I face people will either get arse or cock, either represent Sisu perfectly.

WestEndAgro

I have one of the old Ski hat types, Rangers one side and Coventry the other, it's impossable to wear it with one crest facing the pitch, I'm perplexed and have no idea how to wear it, people will not know if I'm protesting or not.
please help !

Skyblueweeman

Fish finger sandwiches are now a thing of the past in the WM household.

Solidarity brother!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Fish finger sandwiches are now a thing of the past in the WM household.

Solidarity brother!

That's a step too far WM.....I thought you were one of the more balanced & considered posters on this forum, but if you've banned Fish finger sandwiches from your own home, then quite frankly, you're a fucking lunatic !!

Its only a football club......its not worth such a massive sacrifice.

Jesus...I despair sometimes, I really do.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Won't people just think you are going slightly mad and old and cannot dress themself properly and maybe consider sectioning you for such attire.
East 17 have said they will reform just for you and wear their caps backwards too...

Alan Dugdales Moustache

oh gosh! I'll look like a sisu sympathiser with my hat faceing the pitch. I've decided to go nude instead. Then which ever way I face people will either get arse or cock, either represent Sisu perfectly.

...that's more like it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

kepit 2 yusen

Was thinking of borrowing a Villa hat for the occasion just to throw salt into the wound but worried my hair might fall out, and i dont like having nits anyway !

wingy

Am I right In recalling that you sit In the North Stand Alan
I have a novel solution where you and your hat can still achieve the act of rotation but not miss a kick of the match
Just get yourself round to the away end fella and you will have. done a complete 180 on your normal routine

You could even give your protest a new name to get behind
180 degrees of Seperation

OHEDOS. you're nothing until you have. an ACRONYM

Last edited:

Jackoskyblue

I'm going to move from seat 14 to seat 13 it symbolises the rotten luck we the fans endure I expect the telegraph will do an article on it and Sisu will sell up immediately

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

a guy by me has been wearing a cardiff city hat inside out and upside down all winter (not really relevant but does make me smile everytime i see him)

Monners

What if we all follow Noggin's "naked protest" theme, and sit facing the wrong way Christine Keeler style?

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Upside down!!
How does It stay on his head?;-)

Respect to Cardiff love their Ayatollah chant

smart ass i ment the badge was upside down but thinking about it, it probably comes with the hat been inside out (how shit are things at cov that this is what we are talking about)

Skyblueweeman

That's a step too far WM.....I thought you were one of the more balanced & considered posters on this forum, but if you've banned Fish finger sandwiches from your own home, then quite frankly, you're a fucking lunatic !!

Its only a football club......its not worth such a massive sacrifice.

Jesus...I despair sometimes, I really do.

As fucking if! Tongue in cheek JHFC...there's no way such a beautiful creation would be banned in my home!

Astute

Have banned myself from interacting with anything to do with the word Joy. Quite easy as I have been married for too long :pimp:

fellatio_Martinez

I'm going to give the finger towards the executive boxes, my hand will be behind my back so know one but me will know I'm doing it. Maybe it won't have an immediate effect but in the grand scheme of things I think the unicorn that visits me in my dreams will eventually reward our club with many riches because of it.

Last edited:

TheOldFive

My Boycott of Sixfields has been going strong now for a good few months and I really think it's biting now. Disappointing to see all the Hillers have given up now, but I guess most got free tickets to The Rugby and other Council Sponsored Baubles keeping them busy at weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread