My run-in predictions ................ (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
.......... for us and those around us.

CITY
Lose away to Hull = 0
Take P'Boro at home for win = 3
Draw Brizzle away = 1
Lose Burnley away= 0
Take Millwall at home = 3
Take Donny at Home = 3
Get thrashed at Soton = 0
TOTAL 10 points

NOTTS FOREST
Lose away to C Palace = 0
Win at home to Bristol = 3
Draw away to P'Boro = 1
Lose at home to Blackpool = 0
Lose away to Reading = 0
Lose away to Hull = 0
Thrash Pompey at home = 3
(Game in hand) Lose away to Leicester = 0
TOTAL 7 points

BRISTOL
Scrape a draw at Derby = 1
Lose away to Forest = 0
Get a draw against City = 1
Lose away to B'Ham = 0
Lose at home to West Ham = 0
Home win against Barnsley = 3
Lose away to Burnley = 0
TOTAL 5 points

DONCASTER
Fight for a draw at home against B'Ham = 1
Lose away to Leicester = 0
Lose at home to Burnley = 0
Beat Pompey at home = 3
Lose away to Mid'boro = 0
Lose away to City = 0
Scrape a draw at home to Ipswich = 1
(Game in Hand) Lose away to C Palace = 0
TOTAL 5 points

PORTSMOUTH
Lose at home to Burnley = 0
Get thrashed away at Soton = 0
Draw at home against Millwall = 1
Lose away to Donny = 0
Manage a draw at home to C Palace = 1
Win at home against Derby = 3
Get beaten away by Forest = 0
(Game in hand) Lose at home to Hull = 0
TOTAL 5 points

If this were to pan out as I think, then the bottom of the table would look like this....
Notts Forest 46
Cov City 45
Bristol City 41
Doncaster 36
Portsmouth 35

I always was an optomist! Any thoughts guys? Shoot me down in flames if you feel the need but check out other teams run-in. It doesn't look too bad for us. :)

Last edited:

Otis

CITY
Lose away to Hull = 0
Beat P'Boro at home for win = 3
Draw Brizzle away = 1
Lose Burnley away= 0
Draw Millwall at home = 1
Beat Donny at Home = 3
Lose at Soton = 0
TOTAL 8 points

NOTTS FOREST
Draw away to C Palace = 1
Win at home to Bristol = 3
Draw away to P'Boro = 1
Lose at home to Blackpool = 0
Lose away to Reading = 0
Lose away to Hull = 0
Beat Pompey at home = 3
(Game in hand) Lose away to Leicester = 0
TOTAL 8 points

BRISTOL
Draw against Derby = 1
Lose away to Forest = 0
Draw against City = 1
Lose away to B'Ham = 0
Lose at home to West Ham = 0
Home win against Barnsley = 3
Draw away to Burnley = 1
TOTAL 6 points

DONCASTER
Lose against B'Ham = 0
Lose away to Leicester = 0
Beat Burnley at home = 3
Draw against Pompey at home = 1
Lose away to Mid'boro = 0
Lose away to City = 0
Beat Ipswich at home = 3
Draw away to C Palace = 1
TOTAL 8 points

PORTSMOUTH
Beat Burnley at home = 3
Lose away at Soton = 0
Draw at home against Millwall = 1
Draw away to Donny = 1
Draw at home to C Palace = 1
Win at home against Derby = 3
Lose away at Forest = 0
Draw at home to Hull = 1
TOTAL 10 points

Table would look like this

Notts Forest 47
Cov City 43
Bristol City 42
Doncaster 39
Portsmouth 40

That is the first time I have ever predicted City to stay up this season. :eek: To me it all boils down to us not losing at Bristol.

lesturd

I think your Maths is a bit wrong too. Bristol City are already on 36 points ;). Also they have a home banker against Barnsley, which you don't appear to have catered for. Portsmouth are good at home and have some pretty mediocre opposition to play at Fratton Park.

torchomatic

Pointless. As the midweek Forest and Portsmouth results show. Anything can and will happen. All we can do is keep up the form we are showing.

I've always been one of those oddballs who thought we'd stay up anyway.

BrisbaneBronco

Pointless. As the midweek Forest and Portsmouth results show. Anything can and will happen. All we can do is keep up the form we are showing.

I've always been one of those oddballs who thought we'd stay up anyway.

The good thing is that even even if Doncaster and Pompey win the games in hand this week we will still be above them by 1pt and 2pts resp. All we have to do is get more points than them and concentrate on chasing down Bristol. Sounds easy, but we are talking about CCFC, so anything can happen.
I am one who thought that relegation was likely but certainly not inevitable. The last 2 away draws have helped our cause, but we certainly need an away win from somewhere in case our home form dips.

AFCCOVENTRY

The good thing is that even even if Doncaster and Pompey win the games in hand this week we will still be above them by 1pt and 2pts resp. All we have to do is get more points than them and concentrate on chasing down Bristol. Sounds easy, but we are talking about CCFC, so anything can happen.
I am one who thought that relegation was likely but certainly not inevitable. The last 2 away draws have helped our cause, but we certainly need an away win from somewhere in case our home form dips.

As long as Donny don't get 3 points at Palace on Tuesday that will be a result for us.

It will be between us a Bristol.

Even if we lose against Bristol it won't be the end of our season. We will get results else where I reckon.

Houchens Head

Pointless.

Apart from it being a quiz show on BBC in the evening, why do you have to be so negative? As I said at the thread heading, these are MY predictions - not to be taken too seriously. What is pointless about the thread? This is a forum for views. These are MY views as to how the remaining games MAY pan out. As you say "anything can and will happen". City can and will stay up, Southampton can and will get promoted, etc, etc.

Bollox. I'm bored with this now.

Otis

I see nowt wrong at all with people giving their predictions and opinions on the way they think things are going to happen.

That's all part of being a football fan. If anyone thinks it is pointless wouldn't it just be best to ignore the thread and not contribute rather than come and enter the thread to let everyone know they think it is pointless?

Houchens Head

Very Sky Blue tinted glasses you have on there my friend.

No Otis. Not at all. I do OK in the prediction league. Never been off the first page. I look at recent results and run of form. On this basis I came up with this thread. I feel confident. As I said, it's MY view of how things will pan out.

torchomatic

Sorry, you're right I was a little dismissive and I apologise for that. Wasn't mean to have a go or anything. I just meant that anything could happen and, to be honest, I would take your prediction right now.

I think we'll stay up and will be able to relax a little at St Marys.

Apart from it being a quiz show on BBC in the evening, why do you have to be so negative? As I said at the thread heading, these are MY predictions - not to be taken too seriously. What is pointless about the thread? This is a forum for views. These are MY views as to how the remaining games MAY pan out. As you say "anything can and will happen". City can and will stay up, Southampton can and will get promoted, etc, etc.

Otis

I really, really hope you are right.

Wouldn't that be brilliant. Basking in the sun and relaxing with one eye on next season in the Championship.

Paxman II

It's a funny old game and that's the problem.

Best of all with our recent form it would be criminal if we went down now. We surely have enough in our tank to come out ahead here?
It's whoever wants it now. Simple.

Otis

What we don't have in our tank is an abundance of players. Just hope we can keep them all fresh and injury free.

Worried that if we lose more players in key positions, such as Nimely and Platt we will be up shit creek without a paddle.

Brighton Sky Blue

As a side note, I'm liking the Royal satire in that signature Houch :p

Paxman II

...but Otis some say Nimely was not very good Saturday? Would it make a huge difference to play Cody instead who's a natural goal scorer?
For all his efforts did Platt get much joy or finish his chances?
I was surprised the pitbull did not start for us against a side we needed to win and be careful of early on and as it transpired we did look capable of going behind for a while there? It's all semantics but what I'm saying is we have enough players I think to do what's needed....certainly more than Pompey have. We missed an excellent Cameron yet we more than adequately covered for that did we not?

Otis

What i am talking about is in terms of numbers, Paxman.

Say Nimely got injured, you would then have to play McDonald and Platt. Platt struggles to play every game anyway. One of those gets injured or suspended we are then fooked.

Numbers, not the fact that Nimely seems to have gone off the boil anyway.

Houchens Head

I think your Maths is a bit wrong too. Bristol City are already on 36 points ;). Also they have a home banker against Barnsley, which you don't appear to have catered for. Portsmouth are good at home and have some pretty mediocre opposition to play at Fratton Park.

You're quite right. I got a bit tired of looking at figures after a while! :sleep:
'tas now been sorted.

wingy

I keep saying... We will stay up by a Clive platt goal . I saw it in a vision
Had wierd dream Friday night ,Blues let us have marlon back on loan with the provisio we stumped up a million for him in the summer,then i realised we don't have the orange one to seal the deal.:facepalm:Straight up apart from the ken bit.

Nathccfc

My prediction using BBC Predictor!

This what i predicted, just surviving by 1 point! i wouldn't mind surviving by the skin of our teeth, as long as we stay up! I tried to be neutral, :)

BBCPredictorCov.png

Attachments

• BBC Predictor Cov.jpg
    BBC Predictor Cov.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread