My old flat a murder scene. (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
It certainly looks like it's my old flat. I lived in the ground floor flat of 49 Northumberland Rd about 23 years ago. It's on the corner of Waverley Rd and Northumberland Rd in Spon End. Looking at the pictures, I'd say it's my old flat, anyway? (I've arrowed in the pictures)........
0_ML_CET_250221_waveley_corden-3jpeg.jpg
0_CaptureJPGjpgavele.jpg

bringbackrattles

It certainly looks like it's my old flat. I lived in the ground floor flat of 49 Northumberland Rd about 23 years ago. It's on the corner of Waverley Rd and Northumberland Rd in Spon End. Looking at the pictures, I'd say it's my old flat, anyway? (I've arrowed in the pictures)........
View attachment 18872
View attachment 18873
Must have found the body then Houch. Don't worry we'll all come from skybluestalk and visit you in the nick. 😉

SBT

I should be able to find out what happened now I've got your address, just need your sort code and account number, let me know.

Kneeza

I looked that up on GMaps yesterday as I knew I knew it, but couldn't think where it was. Turns out it's called Waveley Rd , no 'r', on the map. Which is correct? I always assumed Waverley as that's how people say it.

Houchens Head

I should be able to find out what happened now I've got your address, just need your sort code and account number, let me know.
Too late, SBT. I gave my details to a foreign sounding gentleman from Nigeria who is kindly going to send me a share in his amazing windfall of $38,087,967!

clint van damme

Can anyone remember going back a few years when Coventry had a murder spree of, I think, 9 murders in a month or 2 months.
Think it was in the 90s but could be wrong. Tried googling but can't find anything.

Houchens Head

I looked that up on GMaps yesterday as I knew I knew it, but couldn't think where it was. Turns out it's called Waveley Rd , no 'r', on the map. Which is correct? I always assumed Waverley as that's how people say it.
That's amazing Kneeza! I lived there for about 3 years and always knew it as "Waverley Rd". I think it just comes out as 'Waverley' to most people. That's how I always pronounced it!

Saddlebrains

Can anyone remember going back a few years when Coventry had a murder spree of, I think, 9 murders in a month or 2 months.
Think it was in the 90s but could be wrong. Tried googling but can't find anything.

Ooo when was this? Big fan of murder investigations documentaries etc.

Does that make me strange?

clint van damme

Ooo when was this? Big fan of murder investigations documentaries etc.

Does that make me strange?

Can't remember exactly. They weren't connected. The city just lost it's marbles for a bit.
There was a report on Central news - 'city in crisis' which I remember pissed me off because they never used to report any good news from Coventry.

The only murder of them all I can recall any detail of was a woman murdered by her boyfriend, I seem to recall it happened quite close to little park st.

Sky Blue Pete

View attachment 18872
View attachment 18873
Friend lives in Waverley road - really scary for her as a single mum and young daughter

dutchman

I visited the murder scene this evening (not in a professional capacity). The pictures in the Telegraph make it look much closer to Northumberland Road than it really is. It's actually five or six houses from the end of a terrace near the bottom of Melville Road.

Houchens Head

I visited the murder scene this evening (not in a professional capacity). The pictures in the Telegraph make it look much closer to Northumberland Road than it really is. It's actually five or six houses from the end of a terrace near the bottom of Melville Road.
Phew! So not my old place then? Great! Cheers Dutch!

Users who are viewing this thread