my favourite "new boy". (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Of the nine my favourite is Elliot. He's a right little terrier, skilful, never gives up and as he showed last week has an eye for goal. I will admit that i listened to a few on here before seeing him so i presumed he would be rubbish.

For once, the poorest of the new boys are the loanees, but i thought Brown did OK last night.

He looked like a more controlled Deegan.

My favourite so far has to be Barton. Skillful on the ball and has a deadly long range strike.

torchomatic

It's nice to have a choice, isn't it Rich. I think Barton will be the best of the lot and we still have Fleck to come yet! Our best summer since i can remember.

CTID

My favourite new boy is....Baker! After all he's a completely different player to what we have seen in previous seasons lol.

Barton for me, looks skillfull and confident. But then im basing this on just last nights game, think we need to give them all 4 or 5 more games to have a balanced opinion.

It's nice to have a choice, isn't it Rich. I think Barton will be the best of the lot and we still have Fleck to come yet! Our best summer since i can remember.

It certainly is.

I have said even though I'd not seen the team until last night, that we have a stronger squad than last season. I'm glad to be rid of the wasters like Clingan who play because of their status more than their quality.

Everyone is competing for their place in the team and it's encouraging to see.

scroobiustom

ALL about Jennings for me, we are never going to attract the worlds best players, so desire and passion is everything, he is the embodiment of exactly this thought process.

Good signing Thorn.

"The King is dead, long live the the King"

lordsummerisle

Barton, real chilled out player, makes everything look effortless.

Though possibly because he's still getting up to fitness and too knackered.

Might run around like a blue-arsed fly when he's fit for all I know.

Sky Blues

I thought pre-season Elliott could be a good signing - if we could keep him fit. I'm glad it looks like he's beginning to fulfil that potential and I just hope he stays fit!

skybluedaze

Barton is the most skillful. Hope he stays fit. Got a good shot on him. Links up play well and creates. Fleck will compliment him in midfield with his combative style.

skybluejack10

i can't get enough of jennings! never seen a player so commited! fleck will be good i reckon but it'll be hard for him to get back into the team! and barton looks class but drifts out of games

aloisiwouldhavescored

Quite a few contenders - a long time since I have been able to say that! But for me it has to be Jennings, think he is going to be an important player for us, a decent midfielder which we have been lacking for some while. A midfielder who can win the ball and distribute it as well.

A special mention for the Edge last night, did he mark Marlon King out of the picture or what!

PUSB

BigadamL

For me I think it has to be fleck but that's just going on hope so far, from what I've seen i think Barton, for someone who has JUST come back from a broken leg he has done really well.

Player I'm least impressed by is ball or the new players and old players macca he just looks shite

scroobiustom

I also think Richard Shaw, could be the signing of the season.

His jumper/tie combo last night certainly better than Thorns' 1980's inspired trenchcoat and Carsley's shorts and socks :whistle:

WillieStanley

I thought Barton was poor against Sheff U but since then he seems to have picked up a lot and I'm sure we're just seeing the beginning.

Elliott looks like the player Torch said he is.

Looking forward to seeing Fleck.

Brown seemed to rise to the occassion last night, I think he's going to be a big game player.

I share the sentiments about Edge, too. I do think he'll be an asset.

I haven't made my mind up about Malaga. Yet.

Kilbane. I think his positives outway the negative s although the negatives could coat us. I think he's on the same route as Carsley.

Ball has been a bit of a disappointment so far. I keep hoping he shows that bit of magic he did when he scored against us but as yet, hasn't delivered.

That's a snapshot. I think Barton will become my favourite of the newbs although I haven't decided yet!

Yorkshire SB

Jennings for me as well, but I think Elliot and Barton will also be brilliant at this level!
I went to the post match MOTM presentation in the behind the scenes bit and it actually went to Jennings last night. Slightly surprising, but he was quick to mention that he felt as though he still hadn't regained match fitness, and that there was more to come from him, and he said similar about Adam Barton and Stephen Elliot, as he claimed they didn't really have a pre-season. Excited.

skyblueman

Of the nine my favourite is Elliot. He's a right little terrier, skilful, never gives up and as he showed last week has an eye for goal. I will admit that i listened to a few on here before seeing him so i presumed he would be rubbish.

For once, the poorest of the new boys are the loanees, but i thought Brown did OK last night.

My tip pre-season this lad - he has had a lot of bad luck so far in his career - bags of promise when he was young - many have written him off - he is definitely out to prove doubters wrong - just the sort we need at Cov

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Too many to choose from for me.

In extremely excited by our new look midfield. Fleck has shown glimpses amongst his injuries, Barton looks decent on the ball and always tracks back helping the defence, Jennings is always looking for the ball and offering himself about.

Up front, Elliott looks the part! Even when he was tiring yesterday he just kept running.

Last night the Edge was outstanding, and as good as any debut I've seen in a while. Any CB who can mark a player of Mk's quality out of a game over 120 mins to that standard deserves praise.

Malaga has looked useful when he's played.

I agree that on last nights perfoance, Baker could be like a new signing too!

Big Mo

Somewhat of a shame having scouted these players thorn didn't get a good crack at it. From a selfish point of view I'm delighted he got them in and the next manager will reap the rewards.

mattylad

Makes you wonder if SISU used him to get the squad together then got rid of him at the first opportunity. Certainly if they give Shaw the job you could question if its been planned since the end of last season.

Of the new players Jennings reminds me of John Eustace and look what he has gone on to achieve at Watford!! Barton we know has quality but most of all its the competition for places that will drive the club forward......Fleck, Baker, McSheffery, Kilbane and weve not even mentioned Thomas in this thread.

(Weve not mentioned Bell either but lets not go there)

harvey098

Makes you wonder if SISU used him to get the squad together then got rid of him at the first opportunity. Certainly if they give Shaw the job you could question if its been planned since the end of last season.

I think you are overestimating SISU's intelligence and care for Coventry.

@richh87

I think we may go on to regret letting Thorn go - recruitment-wise. For a club with pretty much zero in transfer funds he was a dream come true. Just a shame we couldn't have a co-manager to do the tactics.

Mucca Mad Boys

All the new signings, bar Ball + Brown have looked very good signings.

Best signing so far, for me, Barton, PNE, Westley should be kicking himself, oh wait, he's a hoofball manager!

Though he is closely followed by Jennings whom I and Astute/Astute's son and others have bigged him up. Those who asked what the big fuss was, that's what! :)

Shaw has a selection headache at the back for the Crewe game ;)

Grendel

I think we may go on to regret letting Thorn go - recruitment-wise. For a club with pretty much zero in transfer funds he was a dream come true. Just a shame we couldn't have a co-manager to do the tactics.

Fisher said yesterday Carsley, shaw and thorn all provided him with players they wanted and waggot did the contract negotiations.

We don't know who came from whose list.

CovLis86

Grendel you bore me shitless. Thorn has gone, drop having to give him a dig in every single post. We get it!
I really like Barton,I think he's struggling with fitness unsurprisingly. But I think once we have him and fleck working in tandem, we could create some really good chances.

@richh87

Fisher said yesterday Carsley, shaw and thorn all provided him with players they wanted and waggot did the contract negotiations.

We don't know who came from whose list.

I suppose Norwood and Nimely were someone else's too. Let's not be stupid here - Thorn is the excellent scout.

Users who are viewing this thread