My favourite goal (1 Viewer)

skybluericoh

It was a worldy the cross by COH, lay off by ES and the finish. All top draw. Then add the time and the occasion take some beating.
would have been good if it had been dropped by the keeper onto someone’s head never mind how it happened ⚽️

HadjiChippo

I think I agree. It’s definitely the most visceral reaction I’ve had to a goal live (Hamer PO final runs it close). Everything about it was just perfect, you couldn’t have scripted it any better. COH skinning their player on the wing and finding Simms with the perfect ball, who with the deftest of touches lays up Haji who supplied one of the most Henry-esque finishes I’ve seen. Going from absolute despair about 95 minutes in to the highest of highs at 99th was just ridiculous. Regardless of what Haji and Simms do from here, they were a massive contribution to one of my favourite ever days being a city fan.

Still prefer the Houchen diving header in terms of quality and occasion, although I didn’t see it live so i doesn’t have the same emotional ties for me that the Haji one does. It is literally one of the greatest FA cup goals ever for a reason though, and diving headers are always special.

Garlana86

Technically amazing goal. Everything about the build up, in particular the movement by Simms cannot be underestimated. And the scenes after, the knee slide, the fans going wild, it was picture perfect.

It's certainly up there with the feel factor, Hamer against Boro and Luton are certainly along side it for elation.

Bidda

I think I agree. It’s definitely the most visceral reaction I’ve had to a goal live (Hamer PO final runs it close). Everything about it was just perfect, you couldn’t have scripted it any better. COH skinning their player on the wing and finding Simms with the perfect ball, who with the deftest of touches lays up Haji who supplied one of the most Henry-esque finishes I’ve seen. Going from absolute despair about 95 minutes in to the highest of highs at 99th was just ridiculous. Regardless of what Haji and Simms do from here, they were a massive contribution to one of my favourite ever days being a city fan.

Still prefer the Houchen diving header in terms of quality and occasion, although I didn’t see it live so i doesn’t have the same emotional ties for me that the Haji one does. It is literally one of the greatest FA cup goals ever for a reason though, and diving headers are always special.
Didn’t COH in interview say it was a move they had practiced?

djr8369

Technically amazing goal. Everything about the build up, in particular the movement by Simms cannot be underestimated. And the scenes after, the knee slide, the fans going wild, it was picture perfect.

It's certainly up there with the feel factor, Hamer against Boro and Luton are certainly along side it for elation.
was going to say Simms reacts really quickly to move across the Wolves defenders and lay it off.

baldy

It definitely looked like it, Simms’ reaction for the cross to cut across his defender was just top class, especially after dummy running outside of him first. He had their CBs on toast all game.

Wolves defence didn’t know what hit em, and Man Utd’s won’t either.

Yeah,on the City Unseen vid at the end,O'Hare & MVE are talking about how Wrights goal had been practiced on in training

Otis

I think the Wright goal on Saturday is now my favourite City goal ever. That is all
Wright up there isn't it.

Definitely in the top 5.

I loved Regis' at Sheff Wed in the 87 cup run. That was fabulous. Plus obviously, Houchen' header in the final.

Plus Regis again when we beat Spurs 4-3. The Thompson goal as mentioned above.

Oh and Ernie Hunt scoring from the half way line against Burnley, way back.

EalingSB

I will forever regret not going absolutely mental when Hamer scored at Wembley as I thought Vik was offside as was on that side. Made up for it on Saturday.

Kingokings204

I will forever regret not going absolutely mental when Hamer scored at Wembley as I thought Vik was offside as was on that side. Made up for it on Saturday.

funny you mention that as I thought the same. Funny how var plays on your mind and that’s not right.

i didn’t really celebrate the 2-2 simms equalizer for the same reason. Ruining football. Obviously he was miles on but in my head and after the first goal I was very weary.

Travs

I think saturday was our best moment since leaving the Premier League in 2001, considerably over-topping Manchester United away in 2006/7. And its probably up there in my top three with the two below....

However my favourite city goals are always likely to remain Huckerby 97 and Moldavan vs Villa (i'm not sure i can split them).

Hobo

I think the Wright goal on Saturday is now my favourite City goal ever. That is all

It is definitely up there, some great one touch football. A great goal made out of teamwork.

But Houchens flying header at Wembley is still hard to beat in my book.

skybluericoh

Huckerbey v Utd - 3.2 win up there in that conversation.

Moldovan goal at Villa park in 1.0 cup win also pretty wild.
I would also add in the Donkey Kick against Everton. Ian Wallis with the cycle kick was special as well but he had quite a few failed attempts if I remember correctly.

skybluelee

Always baffled me when people say Hamer at Wembley is their favourite goal, ultimately it meant nothing and isn’t even in my top 100.

People are also getting carried away saying the Wolves game was the greatest game they’ve ever been too. Strange
Of course the day ended in heartbreak but everything about the moments that followed Gus' goal; the being there with my family and 40K City fans, the noise, everything. Happiest moment of my life.

Similar feeling on Saturday after the winner. We're living in really special times as City fans this last few years.

procdoc

Always baffled me when people say Hamer at Wembley is their favourite goal, ultimately it meant nothing and isn’t even in my top 100.

People are also getting carried away saying the Wolves game was the greatest game they’ve ever been too. Strange
The best game I’ve been to was when we beat Man Utd and Huckerby scored that amazing solo goal.
The game on Saturday is certainly up there, purely down to the dramatic ending

Gynnsthetonic

We've been really lucky since Robins came back, the ones that stand out
The last 2 goals away at Notts County,
All 3 against Exeter,
Goddens last minute winner home to Bristol City (3-2)
All 4 goals against Fulham (4-1)
All 4 goals against Sheff Utd (4-1)
Van Ewick against Leicester this season
And Simms and Wright's on Saturday

Pricey1984

I don't think I have ever celebrated a goal at a game I wasn't at before the way I celebrated that wright goal on Saturday. That'll last a long long time regardless of the result in the semi

ProfessorbyGrace

Huckerbey v Utd - 3.2 win up there in that conversation.

Moldovan goal at Villa park in 1.0 cup win also pretty wild.
Strangely enough, these are probably the goals I remember most, purely because of their significance and the sheer pandemonium of celebrations. The Moldovan goal is iconic, and I’ve never celebrated a goal like that before or since. It was absolute bedlam.
The 10 minutes of mystery injury time nearly had me on the floor though.

The Huckerby goal is still, to this day, the one that I remember so vividly, from Nilsson, to Soltvedt, then to Hucks; and it was the first time I’d celebrated a win over Man Utd as a Cov supporter.

It made the walk home to Hillfields a pleasure, for a change. ⚽️

Hertsccfc

Saturday was brilliant and agree with posters above about the Huckerby goal versus Man U which was probably the best goal we have ever scored. However my favourite goals would still be Michael Gynn's equaliser in the Semi Final at Hillsborough and Brian Kilcline's crucial goal against Luton in a match we had to win to stay up. Both of these were the culmination of intense pressure and both were so important.

Terry_dactyl

I don't think I have ever celebrated a goal at a game I wasn't at before the way I celebrated that wright goal on Saturday. That'll last a long long time regardless of the result in the semi
I celebrated so hard I literally fell over on the living room floor. This was made worse because I wasn’t even in my house. It was someone else’s living room floor.

Terry_dactyl

I mean, I agree with all the ones already said here. So just to be different…
Not that I can particularly remember them but the goals that made it 3, then 4, then 5-1 vs Liverpool. I remember it just felt like we’d all gone mad and were witnessing a miracle.

pusbccfc

There aren't many better. Agreed about the Hamer goal. Was good for 5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread