My Away Day Experience In Blackpool (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Am

This was my first away game I have gone to this season and it was all a last minute trip decided to go around half 4 and while driving up booked 2 twin rooms at the savoy hotel for £60 which included breakfast cant complain. Got to the hotel at half 7 and got a cab to the stadium where we brought our tickets at the gate.

The game was heart breaking it hurts that much more on away days but as soon as Herman made the mistake for the first goal could see us conceding again.

The cov goal by Thomas was a scrappy toe poke which i dont think even hit the back of the net just rolled over the line but we didnt care we celebrated like it was brilliant goal...

Were winning away ! Were winning awayyyy ! how shit must you be . were winning away! was chanted during the 20 odd minute lead we held on to but there were a few rumbles about us scoring too early and would we defend too deep and just let Blackpool pile the pressure on us which seemed to be the case and Blackpool brought Phillips off their bench to give them another threat.

And it turned out to be Phillips being in the right place at the right time for a tap in after Herman made a mistake and somehow the ball went through his legs to give the their winger time to pick out a good cross.

After the goal was scored the Blackpool player decided to have an argument with Murphy which lead to a tussle in the back of the net and was lucky the Blackpool player was not sent off instead 3 players including Murphy got yellow carded

It seem inevitable we would concede again so when Murphy came out and got no where near which lead to the second tap this time for Taylor-Flecther in I just wanted to find a pub to drown my sorrows.

The main positive to come out the game was seeing Platt and Nimley linking and playing off each other well and we have shipped out ROD and brought in another young prospect Norwood be interesting to see how he fits into the Coventry system.

The away support deserve a victory they are amazing and i'v got my Reading tickets but this time travelling on the official coaches and by time the match comes around im sure I will be once again be sure of the City pulling off the victory...

Living in Lancs i travelled over at lunchtime and stayed at Abbey Lodge B&B. anyone needing a cheap stay in Blackpool should give them a shout, and it turned out that the owner was from Aldermans Green. anyway the game is a bit of a blur as id had a good day out, the support was top drawer again, but for me that summed up the season and convinced me, if i needed convincing, that we are on our way out of the Championship. sat on the next table to Elliot and Hoffman in boozer beforehand, still wonder what was said between them!

CUS Wyken

Living in Lancs i travelled over at lunchtime and stayed at Abbey Lodge B&B. anyone needing a cheap stay in Blackpool should give them a shout, and it turned out that the owner was from Aldermans Green. anyway the game is a bit of a blur as id had a good day out, the support was top drawer again, but for me that summed up the season and convinced me, if i needed convincing, that we are on our way out of the Championship. sat on the next table to Elliot and Hoffman in boozer beforehand, still wonder what was said between them!

There was some states in that ground last night. Few sore heads this morning eh :D

I've a sneaking feeling i was probably one of those states. i feel for those that travelled up, iy must have been a depressing journey home.

brinner

Were winning away ! Were winning awayyyy ! how shit must you be . were winning away! was chanted during the 20 odd minute lead ...
i know we aint the best at present but that song was shocking!!

we needed to be getting behind the players at that stage and not taking the piss out of them!!

Changeyourface

i know we aint the best at present but that song was shocking!!

we needed to be getting behind the players at that stage and not taking the piss out of them!!

Yeah for example: Team of Gary Breens, West End Aggro and a few Rangers songs haha

BurbageSkyBlues

I recall the west end chants of

Celtic-rangers-Celtic-Rangers

Ah, good old days...

Sorry, reminiscing....

Sounded good on the radio last night.
Well done to all those who went

WillenhallSkyBlues

we got double rooms on the sea front for £10 a head, nice hotel with a bar and all sorts, didn't get the train back till 17:44 on the Wednesday night! brilliant away day, shame about the rangers scum in the stand

Changeyourface

we got double rooms on the sea front for £10 a head, nice hotel with a bar and all sorts, didn't get the train back till 17:44 on the Wednesday night! brilliant away day, shame about the rangers scum in the stand

British supporting the British, shame more people can't grow up and stop pretending they're Irish hey.

I was surprised at how lively the pubs in the town were after the game. Walkabout had a few in there, but jeez, did I feel rough the next morning.

CovfanDan

Fair play to those that went.

I cant say i remember ever hearing the Rangers-Celtic thing? Im 'only' 30, so perhaps it was something done in the 1970's (?), seen the odd Rangers bobble hat about and pin badges like, but don't remember a song.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Fair play to those that went.

I cant say i remember ever hearing the Rangers-Celtic thing? Im 'only' 30, so perhaps it was something done in the 1970's (?), seen the odd Rangers bobble hat about and pin badges like, but don't remember a song.

Most prevalent in the West End in the mid 70's.

The other similar one - a few years earlier - was "Spider - Brogan", as between those who favoured Chris Cattlin for left back and those who preferred Jim Brogan.

Ah the 70's......... (drifts off into a warm nostalgic mist....)

CovfanDan

Most prevalent in the West End in the mid 70's.

The other similar one - a few years earlier - was "Spider - Brogan", as between those who favoured Chris Cattlin for left back and those who preferred Jim Brogan.

Ah the 70's......... (drifts off into a warm nostalgic mist....)

Oh right, missed it by a few years then.

Would love to have watched us in the 70's

sky_blue_up_north

We even had a half decent side then:D

WillenhallSkyBlues

could be worse you could have left work at 4:30 rush on the train pay £54 get into blackpool half an hour before the game pay £25 for a match ticket and then get kicked out at half time for smoking

CUS Wyken

could be worse you could have left work at 4:30 rush on the train pay £54 get into blackpool half an hour before the game pay £25 for a match ticket and then get kicked out at half time for smoking

Me and my mate, had a fag round the corner by tea bar. Steward came over said that if the response team (yellow jackets) come on over your in trouble. Haha. We were like whatever mate. If they tried to kick us out it would have been funny. Not sure why they were bothered. It was out in the open all round there?

Brighton Sky Blue

Last season, a 'friend' and I were up for going to the Morecambe game in the LC. I agree to pay for the tickets and seats on the coach going up, so long as he gave me a lift to the ground and back-come the day of the game, the guy never shows up. Doesn't answer his phone or anything, so I have to hurry to the train station and fork out for the train up instead. I meet a few City fans on the train and head to the game with them, still with my coach tickets as I assumed they would be valid going back. Of course, Boothroyd picks a horrendous team with 16 year olds on the bench-like Thorn now except the guy had a choice. We play complete crap, lose 2-0, it's cold, and I try to get on the coach with my ticket-the club official tells me they allowed someone else to have my seat, and patronised me about 'not being punctual' to get to the Ricoh; thankfully, some other coach has a seat and I'm able to get back to Cov. With my 'friend' still not answering the phone, I have to fork out for a taxi from the Ricoh to home-I get back at midnight, £130 out of pocket; the lengths we go to to watch CCFC!

Users who are viewing this thread