Mutton resigns! (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Covid breaches apparently. Least he did the right think.

chiefdave

Seems he turned up at the council house when he should have been quarantining after a trip abroad.

Wonder if there's more to this as apparently he resigned after Martin Reeves reported him to the police. Seems an odd thing for Reeves to do given the councils usual method of dealing with rule breaches.

Grendel

Has he resigned as a councillor?

Philosorapter

Just from Cabinet...

This is different in a lot of ways to why the other councilor cabinet member resigned.

He has gone into a place of work etc...

Broke some major self isolation rules.

A lot worse.

Last edited:

wingy

Glad he's gone but there will just be another scum bag out of the swamp to take over.

In normal circumstances I'd be hopeful of the new person having a bit of political savvy and seeing the wind changing but they are corrupt top to bottom.
Maton?🤔🙄

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Complete prick of a bloke. Trying to big himself up by throwing a Cummings reference in.

Why do they think rules don't apply to them? No doubt he will get some kind of leaving bonus.

shmmeee

Complete prick of a bloke. Trying to big himself up by throwing a Cummings reference in.

Why do they think rules don't apply to them? No doubt he will get some kind of leaving bonus.

Should everyone who breaks COVID restrictions lose their job?

Just seems like politics to me rather than genuine concern for safety. Cummings and national government people are one thing, but this seems to have sparked a whole load of petty tattle tailing at lower levels on both sides. I dunno, feels on the same level as a bad tweet to me.

I’ll lose no sleep over Mutton going, but generally this doesn’t sit right with me.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Just seems like politics to me rather than genuine concern for safety. Cummings and national government people are one thing, but this seems to have sparked a whole load of petty tattle tailing at lower levels on both sides. I dunno, feels on the same level as a bad tweet to me.

I’ll lose no sleep over Mutton going, but generally this doesn’t sit right with me.

Yeah, I guess I am more just saying the guy is a prick and it will be of no loss. I think it comes with the territory in that position though. Not saying I would sack someone at all, but have some fucking common sense. If he is going on about Cummings and trying to take the moral high ground then it is a bit embarrassing that he thinks it's alright to break the rules.

I know what you mean about a bad tweet etc. I guess we are getting onto cancel culture again. The whole thing can get pretty toxic.

pastythegreat

Bet he'll still get a nice golden handshake as he walks out of the office today.

It'll be a nice "gold and black" handshake, based on the colours of the local rugby team!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
815dff029e215b6f8d2a6c2525e30e9c.jpg

Terry Gibson's perm

Reeves must be squeaky clean as you would think Mutton has a few pals who might try and stick the knife into him (hopefully).

Happy_Martian

Some people are celebrating a bit too early, methinks.

Unless I've completely misread this, he's resigned from his cabinet position but not as councillor. He will still "represent" the ward he was elected for.

Grendel

Unless I've completely misread this, he's resigned from his cabinet position but not as councillor. He will still "represent" the ward he was elected for.

That’s my interpretation

shmmeee

Yeah, I guess I am more just saying the guy is a prick and it will be of no loss. I think it comes with the territory in that position though. Not saying I would sack someone at all, but have some fucking common sense. If he is going on about Cummings and trying to take the moral high ground then it is a bit embarrassing that he thinks it's alright to break the rules.

I know what you mean about a bad tweet etc. I guess we are getting onto cancel culture again. The whole thing can get pretty toxic.

Yeah like I say it is what it is and he had to go and I’m not bothered about this. I’ll be honest I was up in arms over Cummings but in reality that was because I don’t like Cummings more than anything. Sorry for the thread derail.

shmmeee

Are councillors like MPs in that unless they are convicted they can’t be sacked? He could have the whip withdrawn though I’d imagine.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah like I say it is what it is and he had to go and I’m not bothered about this. I’ll be honest I was up in arms over Cummings but in reality that was because I don’t like Cummings more than anything. Sorry for the thread derail.
Personally I think people in public life have to fall on their swords if they contravene regulations - setting an example, and all that - and that was the issue with Cummings, he didn't! In this instance he's quit, and that's the end of it. Seems a very minor transgression, and out of stupidity rather than anything else (and I also think Reeves had to phone the police as, imagine the likes of Les Reid with a story if it came out he'd broken the rules and Reeves knew, and did nothing) but he's suffering the consequences, and that's the end of it.

Skyblueweeman

Obviously don't live locally or know much about the local politics apart from what appears on here but isn't a bit strange that someone in the council reported one of their to the police for this breach? Or have I misread that??

Seems a bit OTT. Agreed that he shouldn't have got away with it but the rules are blurry and from what he says, he wore a mask and social distanced.

If I worked in an office and someone came back who should be quarantining but had been to the hospital and was wearing a mask and distancing, I'd be like 'C'mon G...you've had a nice time in the Maldives but you shouldn't be here you idiot. Get yourself home for 14 days and we'll speak no more of it'.

Reporting him to the police sounds OTT. But like I say, not living local, I don't know the whole details.

Skyblueweeman

As I said, imagine the story the likes of Les Reid would make if it came out there was a breach, and nobody did anything about it.

Yeah I get that...I'm not saying don't do anything. A reprimand, a ban from council property, an internal fine, a written warning, a charity donation...all more plausible (and suitable) than being reported to the police.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah I get that...I'm not saying don't do anything. A reprimand, a ban from council property, an internal fine, a written warning, a charity donation...all more plausible (and suitable) than being reported to the police.
Have to be whiter than white, though. The best way of nipping it in the bud is the proper official action, and he resigns. Otherwise it rumbles on and on.

wingy

Obviously don't live locally or know much about the local politics apart from what appears on here but isn't a bit strange that someone in the council reported one of their to the police for this breach? Or have I misread that??

Seems a bit OTT. Agreed that he shouldn't have got away with it but the rules are blurry and from what he says, he wore a mask and social distanced.

If I worked in an office and someone came back who should be quarantining but had been to the hospital and was wearing a mask and distancing, I'd be like 'C'mon G...you've had a nice time in the Maldives but you shouldn't be here you idiot. Get yourself home for 14 days and we'll speak no more of it'.

Reporting him to the police sounds OTT. But like I say, not living local, I don't know the whole details.
Guy from Newcastle on TV at the moment saying only 1 in 5 of those supposed to self isolate are doing so .

RegTheDonk

If he needed papers he should have arranged for someone to drop them on his doorstep. Dominos would safely deliver him a pizza, so it can't be that hard.

He thought he could get away with it, simple as that.

shmmeee

Guy from Newcastle on TV at the moment saying only 1 in 5 of those supposed to self isolate are doing so .

Yeah that’s what I saw. Very very low adherence to lockdown rules. I wonder if they account for that when designing the rules or if they assume a certain level of compliance.

wingy

Yeah that’s what I saw. Very very low adherence to lockdown rules. I wonder if they account for that when designing the rules or if they assume a certain level of compliance.
Plus the Number they never get through to unless he's factored that in .

oscillatewildly

Bet he'll still get a nice golden handshake as he walks out of the office today.

It'll be a nice "gold and black" handshake, based on the colours of the local rugby team!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
815dff029e215b6f8d2a6c2525e30e9c.jpg
Nothing 'golden' about a handshake in the current climate.
Even so, I'd bet the scruffy bastard wouldn't use hand sanitiser immediately after.

fatso

As a major noise at the council, he would be involved in any local lockdown or other such precautions, should they be required.
If he's been reckless himself, then his position is now untenable.
It's right that he now stands down.
I've no idea how Cummins got away without doing the same.

shmmeee

As a major noise at the council, he would be involved in any local lockdown or other such precautions, should they be required.
If he's been reckless himself, then his position is now untenable.
It's right that he now stands down.
I've no idea how Cummins got away without doing the same.

Eh. I don’t think local councils have much to do with local lockdowns. At least they’ve been complaining they don’t. I could see it on a direct hypocrisy charge. But on a rule 90% of people admit to breaking? Seems like resigning over a speeding fine. I dunno. I generally have a higher tolerance for minor not job related infractions though.

As you say, Cummings and many many others would need to go for it to be even. Even that SNP MP is still an MP and she’s the worst of the lot.

fatso

Eh. I don’t think local councils have much to do with local lockdowns. At least they’ve been complaining they don’t. I could see it on a direct hypocrisy charge. But on a rule 90% of people admit to breaking? Seems like resigning over a speeding fine. I dunno. I generally have a higher tolerance for minor not job related infractions though.

As you say, Cummings and many many others would need to go for it to be even. Even that SNP MP is still an MP and she’s the worst of the lot.
I understand that another council member (Tariq Khan) had already resigned for attending a mass public meeting which had to be broken up by the police, and not observing social distancing rules.
In light of that it seems the bar has already been set in terms of behaviour and adherence to Covid rules.

D

Deleted member 2477

Dear George. Sounds like hes writing a letter to his Brother and throwing in a comment about Cummins. Bloke is an arse wipe like the rest of his council cronies. Only interested in their own pocket and agenda

Users who are viewing this thread