Musk Buying Twitter (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What's all the fuss about him taking it over?

Although, $44bn is insane!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Can you really equate it to the town square I think not .
The subsequent amplification is off the scale IMO.

Yep.....twitter is the internet litter.....it just gets spread all over the place, often by thoughtless morons....

It must have a fucking massive carbon footprint too.....not to mention the huge global waste of potentially productive time.

djr8369

At first I couldn’t really see what his aim was, possibly a short term pump and dump scheme, but now I think he will use it to manipulate opinion and push his ambition and company share prices even further.

Hasn’t he toyed with a presidential bid?

ajsccfc

Aside from Trump all the people who get banned just turn up with a new account the next day so a social media platform filled with pricks owned by an irresponsible rich dickhead describes Twitter before and after the sale.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Ever since he called the underground rescue hero who helped save the group of youngsters ( from Cov wasn't he? ) a paedophile I've always hated him . He can shove his electric car batteries up his arse and I suspect he regularly does.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Ever since he called the underground rescuer hero ( from Cov wasn't he? ) a paedophile I've always hated him . He can shove his electric car batteries up his arse and I suspect he regularly does.

One of the rescuers was from Cov but not the one he insulted.
It was the Thai youngsters trapped in the cave incident.
But, yes, an odious thing to do.

chiefdave

Ever since he called the underground rescue hero who helped save the group of youngsters ( from Cov wasn't he? ) a paedophile I've always hated him . He can shove his electric car batteries up his arse and I suspect he regularly does.
That was an eye opener. Hadn't really read much about him before that other than the basics everyone knows. The more you read about him the more problematic he becomes.

The fact that the likes of Trump, Fox News, Tommy Robinson and Farage are celebrating this news tells you all you need to know.

shmmeee

That was an eye opener. Hadn't really read much about him before that other than the basics everyone knows. The more you read about him the more problematic he becomes.

The fact that the likes of Trump, Fox News, Tommy Robinson and Farage are celebrating this news tells you all you need to know.

He’s a big fucking man child who if he hadn’t been given a emerald line by Daddy would still be in his mums basement on 4chan talking about “Femoids”.

chiefdave

He’s a big fucking man child who if he hadn’t been given a emerald line by Daddy would still be in his mums basement on 4chan talking about “Femoids”.
the idea that he's some sort of genius inventor doesn't stand up to the slightest bit of scrutiny. Still at least there's not a long history of people paying a fortune for social media sites only for the users to move on to a new platform and their investment be worthless.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If he phoned me to ask whether he should take over Coventry City and promised to invest millions to take us to be the new Manchester City I'd tell him to piss off. I'd rather stick with Joy.
I think.
He's also got a stupid name that sounds like a cat repellant.

NorthernWisdom

But it is a never ending cycle if we pick and choose who decides the rules about free speech.

Anyone can say what they want. Turn the fucking thing into fucking chaos.
The thing is, anyone can't say what they want. If I were to tell people you were a satan worshipping peaodophile, and this is where people can find you to castrate you with blunt rusty knives... then that would be free speech but wrong to do, and I should be stopped from doing so.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The thing is, anyone can't say what they want. If I were to tell people you were a satan worshipping peaodophile, and this is where people can find you to castrate you with blunt rusty knives... then that would be free speech but wrong to do, and I should be stopped from doing so.

The problem is, where and who draws the line on what is and isn't acceptable? We are seeing some situations where misgendering someone is considered hate speech and not allowed.

NorthernWisdom

The problem is, where and who draws the line on what is and isn't acceptable? We are seeing some situations where misgendering someone is considered hate speech and not allowed.
But that's always a question for discussion. What should not be up for discussion is that everybody can say what they like, even if it's erroneous, destructive uninformed bollocks that can potentially cause harm to other people.

shmmeee

I’d describe myself like Musk, a free speech absolutionist. But as I suspect he’s about to find out users and advertisers aren’t and if you want a profitable free website that currently uses ads for 90% of its revenue, you’re going to have to limit quite a lot of speech.

Users who are viewing this thread