Musicians/groups you loathe ? (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

What a dickhead comment from ZL.
In fairness I wouldn't play it because it is a bloody row :-D

:claping hands: That's not actually the one he wouldn't play, that ended up never being released as once he said no there was no chance of any play from Radio 1 after we'd spent a small fortune on a 2 day video shoot at Pinewood. The labels idea was to release that one first as it was a bloody row to show they weren't a girl equivalent of Busted or something like that. The next one was less shouty and had a very widdly guitar solo which was the bit that ZL claimed couldn't have been played by a girl.

Macca

:claping hands: That's not actually the one he wouldn't play, that ended up never being released as once he said no there was no chance of any play from Radio 1 after we'd spent a small fortune on a 2 day video shoot at Pinewood. The labels idea was to release that one first as it was a bloody row to show they weren't a girl equivalent of Busted or something like that. The next one was less shouty and had a very widdly guitar solo which was the bit that ZL claimed couldn't have been played by a girl.

That makes sense. It's like they are almost trying too hard in that one. I would say not be played by that knob would be the greatest compliment you could get.

BrakesFan

I honestly never understood the popularity of The Killers. Other than that I don't like Bruno Mars. Or pretty much any other modern pop music for that matter.

Jetstream-sama

Pop music is, generally, cookie-cutter shite...saying that, the crap you hear on Radio 1 is quite amusing sometime; my guess is, it's meant to be 'nu-garage' or 'nu-drum n' bass', but the output is what I imagine being assaulted by a 'roided Dalek is like.

Specifically, I particularly loathe One Direction, for many reasons...it's always reassuring though, when one sees all their wanky merchandise in the clearance aisle of Tesco and Asda. :)

SkyblueBazza

Otis got me thinking about bands and musicians I dislike. I can't stand boybands especially One Direction.
But I dislike James Blunt,Ed Sheeran,Madonna,Justin (spunkbubble)Bieber,Michael Bouble,Elbow,Paul (done nowt since Wings) McCartney,and Robbie Williams. To me all these in a concert would find me in the bar all night !

Interestingly...they are all individual performers that have back-up "bands" that 99% of us wouldn't be able to name anyone beyond the "front-man".

Personally as a rock music/heavy metal "fan"...Judas Priest, Magnum, Saxon, Metallica, Whitesnake & AC/DC (post Bon Scott) are the ones that spring most readily to mind for me since way back when.
However, as I have got older...Saxon have grown on me a bit...Metallica a LOT - but the others not at all.

PUSB

torchomatic

The Rolling Stones. Could never understand why they were so popular. Can't even think of five truly good tracks by them. Coldplay. Awful turgid bollocks. Spandau Ballet. Insipid cabaret fodder. It's also not clever to hold your pencil thin microphone between you thumb and forefinger.

jimmyhillsfanclub

The Rolling Stones. Could never understand why they were so popular. Can't even think of five truly good tracks by them. Coldplay. Awful turgid bollocks. Spandau Ballet. Insipid cabaret fodder. It's also not clever to hold your pencil thin microphone between you thumb and forefinger.

Shut the F...ront door Torchomatic!!

Paint it black, Sympathy for the devil, 19th nervous breakdown, Ruby Tuesday, Wild horses, Jumpin Jack Flash, Lets spend the night together, Get off my cloud, Mothers little helper, Brown Sugar, I'm free.....all classic Stones tunes.

Or how about "Shes a Rainbow" or "Out of time" which shows a great early innovative alternative side to the Stones........top stuff.

I can't stand any diddly dee Irish music, forced to listen to it growing up and the Mrs n the outlaws love it. Couldnt stomach groups like so solid crew n blazing squad. Also really really hate heart FM and rugby FM and Mercia to and extent. Like to listen to radio stations that play songs/artists that ain't repeated hour after hour day after day. Used to love kerrang FM till planet fecking rock took its place.

wingy

I can't stand any diddly dee Irish music, forced to listen to it growing up and the Mrs n the outlaws love it. Couldnt stomach groups like so solid crew n blazing squad. Also really really hate heart FM and rugby FM and Mercia to and extent. Like to listen to radio stations that play songs/artists that ain't repeated hour after hour day after day. Used to love kerrang FM till planet fecking rock took its place.

F***ing Daniel O'donell

Users who are viewing this thread