Murphy (1 Viewer)

FinnishSkyBlue

Are there any news regarding his injury? I pray he is fit for yeovil, with dunn we are doomed.

RichieGunns

I'm with you on this, either get a emergancy loan GK in or Murphy back!

I don't care which but please don't let Dunn in goal!!

Doesn't fill me with confidence at all!

Greggs

Did everyone ignore my thread.......:pimp:

SkyBluePryce

I haven't seen the highlights yet, but it seemed he had little chance with all 3, though i can't really remember the 2nd for some reason. But his kicking was a bit off! (i thought) you could see Edge had no confidence in it, as on 2 ocassions where he would usually pass back, he turned wide and hit a long ball himself.

Ash

He definitely had a chance with the 2nd and 3rd. Gonna make a slightly bold statement and say that if we had Murphy between the sticks for the second half it would have only been 1-0!

He definitely had a chance with the 2nd and 3rd. Gonna make a slightly bold statement and say that if we had Murphy between the sticks for the second half it would have only been 1-0!

Totally agree. He got a hand to the last 2 goals and you have to think if Murphy was on, he would have punched it away, not slap it like Dunn did

mark82

I think it may have been completely different game as the defence got jumpy second half.

SBS

To be fair to Dunn, imagine being in his position. I know he's a professional, but at the same time he's human. Can't have been easy coming on after a half where we failed to take any of our chances, infront of that crowd and when his last first team game was a year ago. At least it finally proves to some of our moronic fans that we're lucky to have Murphy.

D

Deleted member 4439

Watch them on SB Player - second and third goals were clearly Murphys fault :facepalm:

Edit: should have better said listen to them on SBP...

Last edited by a moderator:

Moff

I have to agree. I spent the end of the first half watching Murphy constantly rub his sore hamstring and new he would be off....I then felt we would be more supsect at the back as Dunn isnt the quality of Murphy, and also the defenders are not so sued to playing with him and so show less confidence, and perhaps do things they normally wouldnt do....such as defending.

Dunn was caught out with the second at his near post, and the third I could have saved and I was in the stand behind the opposite goal!

TrakiaPlovdiv

Don't be too hard on Dunn after Tuesday. I was in Block 10 right behind the goal in the 'Away End' and unfortunately had a good view of all three goals.

The second bounced just in front of his arms at full stretch and bounced over his hands.

The third goal he was right behind and had covered but the shot took a slight deflection of the bottom of edge's boot and the pace of the shot took it beyond his reach.

He is taller than Murphy so there is no saying that Murphy would have been able to save either shot. Also, if he is injured he is the best we have got so lets get behind him.

He has done ok for us when he has come in previously.

Fluffsta

Please don't slate me but I got some reliable news from my mate in my local. He was told by a Cov player that we were going to sign a keeper called Billy the Fish from Fulchester United (whoever they are).

He also told me that Fulchester Manager Tommy Brown rates this keeper very highly and will be sad to see him leave.

My mate also told me after numerous pints down the Wheatsheaf that Syd Preston (Fulchester coach) will be very sad to see the keeper leave Fulchester Utd.

Users who are viewing this thread