murphy (1 Viewer)

Grendel

This site wouldn't be the same without an anti-Murphy thread after every game.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He's just been on the radio saying "we'll take a draw after that". Surely a valid reason to sack him :)

Leave the guy alone. I'm normally the first to moan about him but he's not getting dropped anytime soon, and he is better than Dunn (IMO from what I've seen of Dunn).

Sutty

People were on his back because even in injury time, he takes an eternity to kick the ball.

If his team aren't shaped up ready there's not much he can do. His choice is simple:

- Kick the ball straight to the other team.

Or:

- Wait for the team to get organised and we'll have a chance to retain possession.

WestEndAgro

I hate Murphy or any keeper going long, I wish he was playing it to the back four and building from there, hate the long ball, very rarely to we gain possession or create anything worth while

skybluegod

I hate Murphy or any keeper going long, I wish he was playing it to the back four and building from there, hate the long ball, very rarely to we gain possession or create anything worth while

you mean where their strikers are? and as soon as one of our defenders get they hoof it? so their doing the same thing?

Astute

Yeah some guy shouted 'murphy you prick' what twats our fans are getting on the players backs already

Ask lots on here. Having a go at our own players don't harm their performances

Sterling Archer

Had a good game today. What I don't understand was fans getting on his back and screaming for him to release the ball (after claiming a ball from corner) when he had no one to release it to as they were either marked or still in the area!

Morons!

skybluesteve76

That's hardly Murphys fault. Team tactics will dictate how the keeper releases the ball

WestEndAgro

Just my opinion, but very very rarely do we retain possession from a long aimless punt upfield. Today I felt Murphy mixed it up well, this was never a rant at Murphy just a point that I prefer passing, ball retention football.

skybluesteve76

Totally agree mate, so do I. Don't think we've got the cultured back four to be rolling it out to really, have we? If I was Murphy I'd be lumping as far away from wood and brown as I could aswell.:)

WestEndAgro

Totally agree mate, so do I. Don't think we've got the cultured back four to be rolling it out to really, have we? If I was Murphy I'd be lumping as far away from wood and brown as I could aswell.:)

The back four should be capable of rolling a short pass to our ball playing midfielders who in turn should retain possession with quick high tempo passing and movement, rather than one huge punt straight down field ? Any way we had small periods today of outstanding passing football, and I for one thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope Robins gets the time he needs to turn it round.

cazzanova

I think the fans today in the corner were brill...when we people realise fans who pay the players wages are fully entitled to their opinion. murphy was shocking today at times but made a great save to save the win!

ccfctommy

The singers corner fans are anything but brill. You would expect them to get behind the team but all you get is 'how Shit must you be, were winning at home'.

WestEndAgro

The singers corner fans are anything but brill. You would expect them to get behind the team but all you get is 'how Shit must you be, were winning at home'.

Terrible song, unfortunately today it was the loudest one I heard, fair play for having ago, but I do hate that one along with right side / left side crap, Twist and Shout wasn't bad and it coincided with the goal.

cazzanova

disagree without them fans who are there week in week out being loyal our home games would be boring. when the sing city till i die' makes the home games feel like worth going. i always will be a cov fan and i think we should appreciate the small number of fans that create an atmosphere albeit small, in such dire times!

Astute

I hear what you are saying, but.......

We are all Cov fans. We should all make noise. We should all get behind our players. How can anyone have a go at the part of the ground where most of the noise is made when they are sitting in a quiet part of the ground? At least they are doing their best. Some songs us fans come out with are just us having a laugh. Shall we just do serious songs from now to keep the silent fans happy?

hill83

Can't stand that song, It's the same 4 bellends behind me that try to start it all the time.

Astute

Remind us all how many times we have won at home this season.....how shit must they be, we won at home :p

theprince

In fairness to Murphy he hasn't had the best or most settled defence in front of him but can produce some good saves, even great saves, however i think given a free hand and a bit of dosh Robins would be on the look out for another goalkeeper. Goalkeeping isn't just about good saves it is as much about commanding that 6 yard box, Murphy doesn't do that far from it, but at the moment keeper isn't a priority.
Apart from Dunne, don't know a thing about him but i would think if he was any good he would have got a chance by now, is there any other goalkeeper at the club, a youngster on the way up ?

skybluesteve76

I hear what you are saying, but.......

We are all Cov fans. We should all make noise. We should all get behind our players. How can anyone have a go at the part of the ground where most of the noise is made when they are sitting in a quiet part of the ground? At least they are doing their best. Some songs us fans come out with are just us having a laugh. Shall we just do serious songs from now to keep the silent fans happy?

The songs don't have to be serious by any means but that particular one just makes us look like feckin retards

Bertola

I'm a big critic of Murphy, but thought he played well on Saturday, and there was a big difference in his game. He seemed to take more responsibility, as wasn't as reluctant to come off his line.

The botched header straight to their forward wasn't great, but luckily Wood had it covered if the shot would've been better

And I agree the "how Sh!t must you be song" is horrendous.

Users who are viewing this thread