Murphy Signs! (1 Viewer)

AngryAnt

Glad that he's signed but i'm also slightly worried.

Was speaking to a Scunny fan the other day (s'where we live -_-) and he mentioned that last season Murphy was out with an injury, they brought a kid in who did miles better. When Murphy came back he let in something like 10 goals in 4 games. The guy said he wasn't really sad that Murphy was leaving.

but hey, a signing! Wooo!

TheRoyalScam

Was speaking to a Scunny fan the other day (s'where we live -_-) and he mentioned that last season Murphy was out with an injury, they brought a kid in who did miles better. When Murphy came back he let in something like 10 goals in 4 games. The guy said he wasn't really sad that Murphy was leaving.

Let Rob remove any lingering doubts: http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/9639-Joe-Murphy:D

Sounds a good'un to me.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Wow, 2 signings in one day!! Havent we been spoilt. Heres hoping we dont have to wait long until number 3 comes along.

Ive made it known im not too impressed, however im willing to give them a chance to prove me wrong while they're at CCFC. Anyone who signs for CCFC when they're not that well known, more so Dunn than Murphy, deserves to be given a chance.

Heres hoping both prove me and my opinions wrong, and here hoping for a successful season with these new players!!

PUSB

SkyBlue_Bear83

I wouldn't be worried tbh. Players are always not as good when they leave, he was probably trying to put a positive spin on Murphy leaving by claiming they have someone just as good. Sort of like how some Cov fans were saying stuff like "We won't miss Westwood if Quirke keeps playing like this" or "Quirke is a ready made replacement for Westwood" after he made a couple of appearances for the first team.

Murphy comes in, as an International, with a good track record in the Championship

CovLis86

Im glad this transfer has been finalised. Definetely agree with sentiments that hes the best standard we could realistically get in, so its good business. Im sure hes pretty solid, and with good vocal/organisational skills that will really help get our bacline in order again.

Pigeon

Welcome to the Ricoh Joe Murphy! Very happy we've signed him. Good work done by the club. Lets keep building!

The Reverend Skyblue

I'm relieved and pleased at the same time.For a while it seemed we were'nt going to sign anyone at all,but i am really pleased we got Murphy,(does it mean his nickname is paddy),What i've seen he is a decent replacement ,but i like more of what i've heard from the Scunny supporters.They seem generally to love the guy and his performances overall have been excellent.If the fans of the club you have just bought a player from are disappionted but respectful of his motives to move on, then that goes a long way for me.
Welcome Paddy to the skyblue revolution

The Rev

JHarding1987

Welcome to Coventry City Joe Murphy & Chris Dunn. I am eating humble pie after my negative comments yesterday.:claping hands:

rswxite

excellent news, was slightly worried that dunn was going to be number 1........Mr ireland back at 3rd choice i'm not so sure he's going to be as happy as us lol ;)

bamalamafizzfazz

Not posted on here for the last couple of weeks as I have been waiting for some actual news and finally we have some...

I am very pleased that we have signed two new goalkeepers. I think that Murphy will do a steady job between the sticks and is just as good as most keepers in the Championship. He is the perfect age for a goalkeeper, I don't necessarily see him as a replacement for Westwood but with the club's current state is a good quality player who clearly Thorn has been scouting for a while and made his number 1 priority.
Dunn we know less about and comes with mixed reviews from Northampton but I think he will do just fine as Murphy's understudy and offers healthy competition to the number one spot.

Overall two great pieces of business, I hope to see a couple more in the next few weeks but finally I like to say its good to be back at SBT! :D

bishbosh

Pleased with this and it means competition for the position which invariably means better performances (at least in theory :) )

Users who are viewing this thread