Mr Tinkerman (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

If we had won say 4-0 today everyone would be raving about changing the team unfortunately on this occasion it didnt quite work out like that but if you dont try you dont know

SkyBlue_Bear83

We will see at the end of the season, Mowbray goes on about how he was top twice with Middlesbrough at New Years and failed to make the play offs.

Maybe this is Mowbray trying to learn the lessons from these experiences so we can have a strong second half of the season and not fall away like his Middlesbrough teams did.

letsallsingtogether

If we had won say 4-0 today everyone would be raving about changing the team unfortunately on this occasion it didnt quite work out like that but if you dont try you dont know

Nearly cost us the game shocking first half, then waited to long to change it to what should have been the starting line up.
No way in a million years would we have got a goal with that line up, didnt need to try it we all knew it when we saw what the side was?

steveo1987

Nearly cost us the game shocking first half, then waited to long to change it to what should have been the starting line up.
No way in a million years would we have got a goal with that line up, didnt need to try it we all knew it when we saw what the side was?

He got it very wrong today.They were awful and there for the taking.They had lost 7 on the bounce.Very one dimensional lumping in the corners and looking for a goal from a set piece which of course we gave them,do we ever learn from this;doesn't look like it.Fortune is plainly a liability as Armstrongs movement proved in the last 30mins.We should have gone at them with pace from the start with our best 11.Crewe away is now huge as I can't see us beating Walsall but I can see us beating Burton

wingy

The next CB can't arrive soon enough for me.
My one criticism of TM is that he's weighted the top end of the team too heavily at the expense of the back.
While I get that rotation is a plus point in theory I think we're seeing too much of it.

D

Deleted member 2477

Totally agree as soon as the team was anounced you could see everyone thinking the same. Fortune isnt good enough and offers very little. The trouble we have is we have one team who on their day are fantastic but we dont have a second set of tactics and fortune is a liability.

we need a ctr half and a decent striker come january to take the pressure of armer and allow us to mix it up a bit

Hobo

The next CB can't arrive soon enough for me.
My one criticism of TM is that he's weighted the top end of the team too heavily at the expense of the back.
While I get that rotation is a plus point in theory I think we're seeing too much of it.

Or he has found the right player isn't available. I remember people panicking pre season we had no forwards.

Reda and Turners injuries have been setbacks. Martin has been transformed since Mobray arrived and has been like a new signing. Signing Rickets, Stokes and Vincelot have been great defensive acquisitions.

He hasn't just loaded the top at all.

The Lurker

Or he has found the right player isn't available. I remember people panicking pre season we had no forwards.

Reda and Turners injuries have been setbacks. Martin has been transformed since Mobray arrived and has been like a new signing. Signing Rickets, Stokes and Vincelot have been great defensive acquisitions.

He hasn't just loaded the top at all.
Doesn't make mowbary immune from criticism. he started with the wrong team which let's be honest isn't the first time it's been said over recent weeks. Murphy plays his best football down the middle. Yet since he scored a hat-trick in that position he hasn't played him there.

Last month at this time we were top. Since then we've not looked the same team. We've lost points and dropped to 4th. Still brilliant but the past month questions need to be asked about mowbarys tactics in certain games. We've played bottom half teams and haven't picked up enough points in them games.

The Lurker

I posted this before the game today

But it didn't work. Why mowbary insists in playing MAF is beyond me. We couldn't beat a team who lost their previous 6 games. We looked much more dangerous when he went off. Mowbary got it wrong today, hopefully learns from that going forward. I feel sorry for Tudgay.

Hobo

Doesn't make mowbary immune from criticism. he started with the wrong team which let's be honest isn't the first time it's been said over recent weeks. Murphy plays his best football down the middle. Yet since he scored a hat-trick in that position he hasn't played him there.

Last month at this time we were top. Since then we've not looked the same team. We've lost points and dropped to 4th. Still brilliant but the past month questions need to be asked about mowbarys tactics in certain games. We've played bottom half teams and haven't picked up enough points in them games.

Murphy is dynamic one on one when he can use his pace. When he has two players in front of him he is less decisive. Certain teams have stifled him. He normally gets freed up with the arrival of Kent who draws defenders and gives him space on the opposite side to get one on one. MAF would be in for his aerial ability.

Personally I would have gone with Tudgay today. But without Mowbray would we have Armstrong Murphy Kent Lamieras MAF Rickets Vincelot Stokes? Remember the type of players we have been getting in recent years?

remember we still have a lot of young inconsistent players in the team who are learning as we go along. We are still well placed at the moment. The real race always starts at Easter, it is just jockeying for position at the moment.

The Lurker

Murphy is dynamic one on one when he can use his pace. When he has two players in front of him he is less decisive. Certain teams have stifled him. He normally gets freed up with the arrival of Kent who draws defenders and gives him space on the opposite side to get one on one. MAF would be in for his aerial ability.

Personally I would have gone with Tudgay today. But without Mowbray would we have Armstrong Murphy Kent Lamieras MAF Rickets Vincelot Stokes? Remember the type of players we have been getting in recent years?

remember we still have a lot of young inconsistent players in the team who are learning as we go along. We are still well placed at the moment. The real race always starts at Easter, it is just jockeying for position at the moment.

I'm not slating mowbary in the general but some of his decisions especially starting line up away from home is questionable. He's done a great job and loved this season but now were in a decent position I want it to stay like that. The flamboyant football we seen the first 3 months has faded away past 5 games.

chinamans view

We have all waited for nearly 3 months for Madders to return to play and feed Arma like at the start of the season, he then drops Arma when madders returns, we all can see Armstrong needs madders service to star scoring again. You lot that just call the op names don't know your football that's for sure. I love TM but we are allowed to point out things that may be he is panicky by changing the team to much up front ,which has resulted in a poor return of points in the last few weeks against teams near the bottom even when we had Turner. wake up and look at the full picture.

Hobo

We have all waited for nearly 3 months for Madders to return to play and feed Arma like at the start of the season, he then drops Arma when madders returns, we all can see Armstrong needs madders service to star scoring again. You lot that just call the op names don't know your football that's for sure. I love TM but we are allowed to point out things that may be he is panicky by changing the team to much up front ,which has resulted in a poor return of points in the last few weeks against teams near the bottom even when we had Turner. wake up and look at the full picture.

We are and it has been clear Armstrong needed a rest despite the return of Maddison. Bringing him off the bench nearly worked he almost scored with his first touch.

Too many on here dismiss teams on league position alone. No game is easy.

quinn1971

We are and it has been clear Armstrong needed a rest despite the return of Maddison. Bringing him off the bench nearly worked he almost scored with his first touch.

Too many on here dismiss teams on league position alone. No game is easy.

ive never got this resting players ? If he wanted to rest Armstrong why put him on the bench, can't see how resting him for an hour is going to help him, might as well of played him from the start, we've got no extra cup games to worry about, we should be starting our best 11 every week, it's not a bad sign though when we're disappointed only getting a point away

Otis

ive never got this resting players ? If he wanted to rest Armstrong why put him on the bench, can't see how resting him for an hour is going to help him, might as well of played him from the start, we've got no extra cup games to worry about, we should be starting our best 11 every week, it's not a bad sign though when we're disappointed only getting a point away

I think if you speak to any manager they will always tell you, you have to be careful with kids as to when you play them and how often you play them for fear of burn-out. Armstrong is only 18.

Obviously the idea today was that TM thought we could win the game without him and wouldn't have to use him. He brought him on because we were losing the game, but that wouldn't have been the plan pre-game, believing the team we put out was capable of winning the match.

We simply cannot play Armstrong every match without our expecting it to take its toll on him.

I would much rather we had him in for Walsall and Burton than today. It's s shame we had to bring him on at all in the end.

Hobo

Sometime it is more psychological than physical. It gave Armstrong a chance to come on when the game is starting to get stretched. Take a bit of pressure off him. He has done well he is only 18, his body hasn't finished developing yet. But it is mental strength as much as physical sometimes.

Dazmataz

2 games in 3 days is a lot of football by anyone's standards - players usually take at least a day to get over the rigours of 90 minutes.

Think this kind of rotation is a one off, don't think you'll see him resting players much until the end of the season.

quinn1971

Sometime it is more psychological than physical. It gave Armstrong a chance to come on when the game is starting to get stretched. Take a bit of pressure off him. He has done well he is only 18, his body hasn't finished developing yet. But it is mental strength as much as physical sometimes.

Fair point, just been surprised by the team mowbrays put out in the last few games, you don't see burton or Walsall messing about with their starting 11, 6 changes today, that would unsettle any team, could have played Armstrong and Murphy from the start today then taken them off if it wasn't working or they looked tired, anyway pretty sure Mowbray knows what he's doing, halfway through the season and I'm more than happy where we are, strengthen the squad in January and pretty sure we'll get better for the run in, if this is our bad run

Hobo

Fair point, just been surprised by the team mowbrays put out in the last few games, you don't see burton or Walsall messing about with their starting 11, 6 changes today, that would unsettle any team, could have played Armstrong and Murphy from the start today then taken them off if it wasn't working or they looked tired, anyway pretty sure Mowbray knows what he's doing, halfway through the season and I'm more than happy where we are, strengthen the squad in January and pretty sure we'll get better for the run in, if this is our bad run 

80 per cent of winning goals come in the last 15 minutes though. So do you want your best players starting or finishing the game. Depends on how much you think they have in the tank.

ajsccfc

I am TM biggest fan and appreciate we would not be in this position without him but surly even he can make mistakes or can be criticised, He did make the same mistake at M/boro about xmas time changing the team every game.

He can make mistakes and be criticised, but there's a leap between that and accusing him of losing the plot when we make some changes with a 48-hour turnaround between games while sat in the top four of the division.

Otis

He can make mistakes and be criticised, but there's a leap between that and accusing him of losing the plot when we make some changes with a 48-hour turnaround between games while sat in the top four of the division.
Perfectly and succinctly put. :)

KG7

He said at the back end of last season that our important players had played too many minutes (JOB in particular). I think he's using the loan players to enable the players at the top end of the pitch, who do the most running to take a rest while we have them. I think he's right to do this and we'll see the benefits of this around March.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chinamans view

It did bring trouble with players not happy this was when we were at the top
Will TM cost us promotion keep changing the team ? Arma and Murphy on bench today our 2 best forwards, I think he is loosing the plot. He needs to steady the ship on this changing teams every game ,its not good for players.

Sky Blue Kid

He said at the back end of last season that our important players had played too many minutes (JOB in particular). I think he's using the loan players to enable the players at the top end of the pitch, who do the most running to take a rest while we have them. I think he's right to do this and we'll see the benefits of this around March.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm truly not taking the p**s here, but, hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

chinamans view

Well seems this post may not have been so stupid now, but look at the replies it got at the time, he disrupted team spirit IMO
Will TM cost us promotion keep changing the team ? Arma and Murphy on bench today our 2 best forwards, I think he is loosing the plot. He needs to steady the ship on this changing teams every game ,its not good for players.

Otis

Well seems this post may not have been so stupid now, but look at the replies it got at the time, he disrupted team spirit IMO
It hasn't been changing the team that has caused our downfall, it's been the inability to adapt as a team and change tactics instead of keep sticking to plan A.

Users who are viewing this thread