mr mutton cet today (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

We don't live in a dictatorship John mutton is NOT the council and I personally hope he has nothing to do with any negotiations.

The more I think about it and the more I read I cant really see a massive problem.

The sticking points

1)Council want SISU to provide assurances that any revenue generated from SISU's share in the stadium goes back into CCFC not SISU's investors

SISU have always maintained that they want this revenue so the club can become self sufficient and they can invest in the team. Hence this is what SISU say they want as well. Surely they will agree to this

2) Council want SISU to show they have the money to buy the share

SISU say they have so surely they can prove it

3) Council want a hotel built aswell

Not sure about this one, but if SISU cant afford it could they approach travelodge etc to come on board? This is the only sticking point I can see

So if SISU are genuine in what they say and their intentions maybe we are full steam ahead?

theprince

We don't live in a dictatorship John mutton is NOT the council and I personally hope he has nothing to do with any negotiations.
What a silly post. Mutton is leader of the Council as such will be at any meeting regards this issue and many others. He is also duty bound to be transparent and the local media is the vehicle for that. He will almost certainly have run the article in the Telegraph by the media experts at the Council and maybe their legal eagles too. I don't know Mutton's qualities or qualifications, do you ? if so please enlighten us. It says in the paper he was one of about 5 at the meeting representing the Council. They have quiet clearly said to sisu "show us the money" something we would all like to see. You shouldn't be on Mutton's case just because he is there, perhaps your agenda is different.

TheRoyalScam

:thinking about:I think you'll find that most of kduffy's recent posts are 'silly'. I think we all know his views on Cllr Mutton by now. I would suggest using the 'ignore' setting.

Grendel

What a silly post.

You shouldn't be on Mutton's case just because he is there, perhaps your agenda is different.

Well you could be accused of wasting taxpayers money allowing these meetings to take place. Surely you should be on the phone to mutton telling him that sisu have already done a deal with the Chinese. They have...,haven't they?

In the Hoff we trust.

sky blue john

Remember when the Hoff made the 1 pound offer sisu claimed at that time they required proof of funds from the Hoffs investors and they made a big deal of this on the press.
Now when the council are asking sisu for proof funds funny that they are not coming forward with this request.

italiahorse

Remember when the Hoff made the 1 pound offer sisu claimed at that time they required proof of funds from the Hoffs investors and they made a big deal of this on the press.
Now when the council are asking sisu for proof funds funny that they are not coming forward with this request.

How woul you know ?

skybluesam66

as the story is not yet online , some other points

the meeting was only held yesterday
Seppala was there
Mr mutton said talks were positive
Seppala brought to the meeting senior management from an events company for the very first time
on the back of this, mutton said talks were positive, but he would need to see the money to be totally convinced

therefore this request to show the money is only one day old

in my opinion, sisu have seen hoff trying to get hold of the stadium, and have decided there must be value in it to try and return value to their investors

they have put a business case to the council and ACL which is at last convincing , and they are trying to get the right peopl ein to manage it

The only thing is whether they see a successful football club as part of that vision

dongonzalos

Cllr Mutton

Did say he has seen no proof that they have the finance

I was under the impression the council brought the management people

He did say that have shown no business plan that includes funding for the team to make it competitive

He also asked them about a business plan for developing the site. They said that had one but did not have it with them.

Which I hope they do have all these things including a business plan with investment in the team it seems strange to attend meetings about these matters and say we have that business plan but not with us?

Fingers crossed

theprince

Well you could be accused of wasting taxpayers money allowing these meetings to take place. Surely you should be on the phone to mutton telling him that sisu have already done a deal with the Chinese. They have...,haven't they?

In the Hoff we trust.
I have certain information that as yet has not been posted on here unless i have missed it, but it's only hear say and there's noway i would be the first to post it on here. Hence the constant reference "In the Hoff we trust" All i will say is sisu are desperately trying to redeem their situation. Which i assume is why the mysterious Joy Seppalla has got involved and dragged along others to help.

Grendel

I have certain information that as yet has not been posted on here unless i have missed it, but it's only hear say and there's noway i would be the first to post it on here. Hence the constant reference "In the Hoff we trust" All i will say is sisu are desperately trying to redeem their situation. Which i assume is why the mysterious Joy Seppalla has got involved and dragged along others to help.

So it's only heresay and you won't post anything? How odd. Here is a post from you;

"Don't listen to the sceptics on another thread re: takeover i can assure you all this is for real.Have sat on info. for weeks now and still can't be exact but everything is in place for a takeover to proceed, including Ricoh ownership, it is now just a case of satisfying our owners who simply cannot afford to turn away from this. Owning this club is costing their business thousands a month and the reason Ms. Sepella made that sudden flying visit last month was to meet the new people. We might find out later this witholding of rent was just a sabre rattling exercise from a beaten company.

SISU simply can't carry on, no income stream at all, from anywhere. As for the timing of releasing this news again it's exactly as i thought it would be, the timing is crucial and scuppers any threat of administration or liquidation. How can sisu explain to their investors who have put money up you have lost the lot now this news is out.

The future is bright. In Hoffman I trust"

Seems more than "hear say" to me. Someone has hacked into your account. I'd report it.

Grendel

It's Thorn. Still clinging to the hope he'll have a squad in August.

No I think it's the man who knows we are being taken over - he's on the inside - I believe him.

cloughie

If the ghastly mutton sits on one side of the fence my natural inclination is to sit the other.

Odd that prior to May he personally would never let sisu anywhere near the ground yet the rhetoric has now changed. You'd think an election was on.

The only thing the milkman likes is publicity,

seems like you prefer to let your dislike of mutton would be put before of the defence of our survival ............or would you rather he rolled over and gave the arena to sisu ......then eventually you would complain that he was the man who gave it away to a bunch of shitesters who have no interest in CCFC

As for him acting as if being the owner himself as others have said he was 1 of 5 at the meeting and as head of the council you would complain if he sent out an underling to anouce any news

please tell us what he should do

Last edited:

Grendel

Resign and do us all a favour.

Grendel

how intelligent and you would surely take his place as the fountain of all knowledge

so what would you do????

Mutton claims to be the man of the people, a champion of the CCFC cause. Consider this. The Higgs charity want to sell to sisu and use the finances gained to support other good causes around Coventry. So, what as leader of the councillor who is head of Coventry do? Support redevelopment or advise no as it may effect a private commercial enterprise ( the football club ) which has less than 10 per cent of the voting public support it. What would you do? The same as mutton and vote it through. Difference is he pretends he is on your side and can influence things. He isn't and he can't. Is that intelligent enough for you?

cloughie

Mutton claims to be the man of the people, a champion of the CCFC cause. Consider this. The Higgs charity want to sell to sisu and use the finances gained to support other good causes around Coventry. So, what as leader of the councillor who is head of Coventry do? Support redevelopment or advise no as it may effect a private commercial enterprise ( the football club ) which has less than 10 per cent of the voting public support it. What would you do? The same as mutton and vote it through. Difference is he pretends he is on your side and can influence things. He isn't and he can't. Is that intelligent enough for you?

As you say redevopment in Coventry , which has been the plan ie redevloping the surrounding land

If the leader of the council cannot influence decisiosns then who can ( regarding the council and their veto)

The higgs haven't said they want to sell to sisu they have said they have never wanted to be long term custodians and they are in talks with sisu
and obviously from previous higgs spokesman comments (paraphrased)you would have to be mad to do a deal with sisu considering their track record of running CCFC.

Yes a private company ( in fact secretive as owners sisu) and 10 % of the voting public is untrue, the population is not all voting age, but the company and its product has a bigger bearing on the whole city than some may imagine

Just why were 250,000 people on the streets of Coventry in 1987 if it only affects 10%

Grendel

:thinking about:I think you'll find that most of kduffy's recent posts are 'silly'. I think we all know his views on Cllr Mutton by now. I would suggest using the 'ignore' setting.

Yes ignore the truth and stick your head in the sand. Way to go!

dongonzalos

Mutton says

He is happy to do the deal he wants assurances from SISU the revenue they gain from the stadium goes straight back into CCFC. Not out to the original investors. He says he wants SISU to show funding for a hotel. He also says he wants SISU to bring to a meeting proof that they have the money to do the 2 prevoius mentioned things.

Other than the name Cllr Mutton what exactly is your problem with asking for these requirements.

Also SISU have pretty much said they want all of that

Where apart from the name Cllr Mutton is the problem.

The only problem I see is if SISU dont meet that criteria, then you need to ask the question why dont they?

The hotel bit, maybe reasonable, the rest they say they want anyway

Users who are viewing this thread