MR is correct (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

There is no use trying to blame a single player or formation or the keeper or even the huge crowd. it is just simply not fair

It was one of those nights....... the synergy was wrong for what ever reason.

Also before you keyboard warriors man you PC or tablet do not forget the amazing work the team has done especially recently with SUFC away .

We owe the players some respect as they have given us some amazing performances lately

You do the math!

Also remember it is only HALF TIME

#PUSB

covboy9

hes got a massive job to pick them up for the weekend, yeovil come here flying with Crewe giving them the blue print of how to beat us and Gary Johnson always does well v us, id much rather we wernt playing at home this wkend, i dont worry when we are on the road

oakey

Actually the players have done the business away and in many cup ties. The home fans have seen a mediocre set of performances... Unconvincing, disjointed and always likely to concede.

CovFan

We need to treat it like a freak result that 99/100 times we would have won. That's the only way we are going to get over it. If we play against Yeovil like we did against Crewe I think we will win and win comfortably.

SkyblueBazza

Both math & maths are the same thing - math is mainly North American "English" I understand...PROPER (?) English is maths...which might seem like an absolute contradiction. After all English is a spoken language...or a native of England. I need a lie down now

Paxman II

"Play like that Saturday and we'll win". Are you sure? Point is we keep conceding don't we? we could score 3 but will we also let in 3? that's my concern at the moment.

CovFan

Might have worded that wrong, if we play like we did in the first half I think we'll win. We overcommitted in the second half last night looking for that first goal. I can't see Robins making that mistake again.

SkyBlue_Bear83

"Play like that Saturday and we'll win". Are you sure? Point is we keep conceding don't we? we could score 3 but will we also let in 3? that's my concern at the moment.
2 of Crewes goals only came because we were bombing forward so much, we had the full backs over different sides of the pitch. The CMs were bombing don the wing, pretty much only Wood and Edge were left to defend for the last 15 as everyone else was trying to score

If we are a couple of goals up we should be able to see the game out

stupot07

2 of Crewes goals only came because we were bombing forward so much, we had the full backs over different sides of the pitch. The CMs were bombing don the wing, pretty much only Wood and Edge were left to defend for the last 15 as everyone else was trying to score

If we are a couple of goals up we should be able to see the game out
We do it week in week out though - 5 cleansheets in 31 league games is not good enough

BackRoomRummermill

I did feel for everyone at the game last night,

We have recently appeared on the forum new users only too happy to slag off the team even worse with attitude............... well like I say I feel the the guys who I know on this site that go week in and week out, I rely on these guys to give me match updates from their phones so to you guys I am truely gutted as am myself.

Thank you guys for keeping those who cannot access the score so easily and I mean it

Waldorf

Both math & maths are the same thing - math is mainly North American "English" I understand...PROPER (?) English is maths...which might seem like an absolute contradiction. After all English is a spoken language...or a native of England. I need a lie down now
Welcome to the Grammar Police.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We do it week in week out though - 5 cleansheets in 31 league games is not good enough
We don't concede 3 goals every week though, 2 of the goals were a direct result of of us leaving pretty much nobody apart from the centre backs to defend

We need to improve the defence but not because we conceded 3 goals yesterday but because as you point out we have only kept 5/31 cleansheets

The 3 goals conceded is a bit deceiving, in a normal league game we wouldn't have conceded 3 goals in that game and you can't put too much blame on the defence for the last 2 goals as Crewe were breaking against like 2/3 of our defenders every time as we had completely lost our discipline by then an everyone was anywhere

Covstu

We are not normally that reckless at the back to be fair, we tried to kill the game off and got hit on the break twice. It was not good enough but nothing we can do about it, we need to look at Saturday as a must win and attack like we did last night and the goals will come.

As for a freak result last night, I remember we all had similar views at the shrews game not too long ago, so maybe we should bring that statistic down to 98/100!!!;)

stupot07

We don't concede 3 goals every week though, 2 of the goals were a direct result of of us leaving pretty much nobody apart from the centre backs to defend

We need to improve the defence but not because we conceded 3 goals yesterday but because as you point out we have only kept 5/31 cleansheets

The 3 goals conceded is a bit deceiving, in a normal league game we wouldn't have conceded 3 goals in that game and you can't put too much blame on the defence for the last 2 goals as Crewe were breaking against like 2/3 of our defenders every time as we had completely lost our discipline by then an everyone was anywhere

I agree with you, especially about the ill discipline, but we have been lucky with the lack of quality in league games - the Oldham game sticks in my mind - they had 3 one-on-ones and missed all 3. You just can't be giving teams that many good goalscoring opportunities,

Brighton Sky Blue

Going back to the OP-Dunn is the one who'll be affected most by the result and will need picking up the most. A keeper who's a bag of nerves is easy pickings for any team so I think that despite him not being up to the mark, with Murphy out he is the best we're stuck with-so people do need to get behind him.

ricohman

Going back to the OP-Dunn is the one who'll be affected most by the result and will need picking up the most. A keeper who's a bag of nerves is easy pickings for any team so I think that despite him not being up to the mark, with Murphy out he is the best we're stuck with-so people do need to get behind him.

So true lets not slate dunn and get behind him,he might play a blinder on sat, maybe even a man of the match performance then what will all the haters say. Maybe they will take a day off from the forum

ps1948

Goals conceded doesn't matter so much when we score more than the other team - I wouldn't mind us conceding 2 every week if we got 3!
And to be fair, quite a lot of the goals we have conceded have come in games we have won

Brighton Sky Blue

So true lets not slate dunn and get behind him,he might play a blinder on sat, maybe even a man of the match performance then what will all the haters say. Maybe they will take a day off from the forum

This is his chance to show his place at the club is justified. He remains very young for a keeper-these games could give him that bit of confidence he will be lacking after yesterday.

Grendel

This is his chance to show his place at the club is justified. He remains very young for a keeper-these games could give him that bit of confidence he will be lacking after yesterday.

He is older than Westwood when he first played for us. He is nearly 26.

Brighton Sky Blue

He is older than Westwood when he first played for us. He is nearly 26.

Still off his prime for a keeper then-note I make no bones about his actual ability. I'm just pointing more to the fact he'll be playing in a pretty crucial league game and we need him in good form to help secure a result.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Would Gary Johnson have been Northampton manager when we bought Dunn from them?

If so no doubt he will know how to exploit him

Big_Ben

With Dunn in and Murphy out of action, who'll be on the bench as backup?

psgm1

Banned
Goals conceded doesn't matter so much when we score more than the other team - I wouldn't mind us conceding 2 every week if we got 3!
And to be fair, quite a lot of the goals we have conceded have come in games we have won

Agree in part. True doesn't matter IF goals are being scored. Yet the sad reality is that since a certain striker has left the club, the goalscoring rate has been cut in half, yet the goals conceeded hasn't!

There is really one result of a team that lets in more goals than it scores - they tend to lose a lot of games!

Cov have hardly set the world alight with performances all season, and on a number of occassions have gained the benefit of the doubt a lot more this season than I can remeber for a long long time.

And lets face it cov were LUCKY to get through against Preston - they had the lead, then their goalkeeper sustained an injury preventing him getting down quickly enough for the ball and how the ref didn't flag clarke offside I will never know.

Even before that we had to scrape by on penalties against Burton.

Add to this now cov have conceeded home and away to the likes of Shrewsbury, Carlisle and now crewe. It certainly has the whiff of the good run coming to an end!

And the fact that the end just happened to coincide with a certain players departure must surely call into question any so-called turn around. Surely if there has been a turnaround, then the good run would continue beyond his departure!

But hey lets not let a spot of reality stop the deluded praising Robins as a footballing genius

Users who are viewing this thread