Mowbray (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

Anyone think that Tony Mowbrays financial restrictions will mean him leaving before xmas if results dont go our way
which financial restrictions? If you're talking about him leaving it must be something new since he negotiated budget and signed a contract with us? If so please spill

gears87

It seems the goalposts keep moving under sisu,what he was promised and what he gets is completely different.

How far does loyalty go?

Does he feel that he can accomplish what he originally set out too achieve with the club?

Captain Dart

Anyone think that Tony Mowbrays financial restrictions will mean him leaving before xmas if results dont go our way

Not as such, it will be because there is a new opportunity at a different club, especially any lower table Championship club in the North or East (except Norwich, in the unlikely event they struggle this year as TM is an Ipswich icon of sorts).

D

Deleted member 2477

Cant see him staying past this season whatever happens. Why work for owners with no ambition or willing to financialy back the team. Theyve made a real mess of the club and previous history with others managers like robinson and coleman show they promise one thing and then go back on their agreement regarding transfers and finances

fernandopartridge

Cant see him staying past this season whatever happens. Why work for owners with no ambition or willing to financialy back the team. Theyve made a real mess of the club and previous history with others managers like robinson and coleman show they promise one thing and then go back on their agreement regarding transfers and finances

Who the fuck is Robinson? If you mean Robins - he went when he was made a better offer.

As for Coleman, IF ONLY Mowbray was given the sort of money he'd been given with the squad he had.

Reactions: Sub

Nick

Administrator

Coleman who spent £1.2m on Eastwood and £650,000 on Clingan?

Skyblueweeman

He will be by Xmas if Alan Stubbs doesn`t work out. Stubbs has spent a lot of money in the last 48 hours with another million pound player due in today.

My post was said in jest more than anything Neal but I thought you might respond! If Stubbs does get the boot and we have a poor start to the season, it would be interesting to see if Mowbray would still be wanted by them.

oucho

I'm a big TM fan, but am I the only one concerned that he's mucked up on the transfer front? We seem painfully thin especially at the back and it does make me question him, as he and Venus have let us get to this situation where we're one day out from the opening game and we have two fully fit first team defenders (one of who is Haynes and the other of whom is Willis who is never fuly fit anyway!). That's not SISU's fault - TM and MV are in charge of transfer policy / strategy.

rupert_bear

My only concern with Mowbray was his failure, and it was a failure to arrest the post Christmas slump last season, but this a new season
with pretty well a new squad so let's see what occurs.

CovisGod

Mowbrays here for the long haul, that I'm sure of. He seems to see something in us, you can tell he wants to be here for a while by the type of squad he's building, he's looking at 2,3,5 years in the future when signing players like Jones and Reid

I'm more worried that we don't sign anyone else, lose a couple of games and SISU find it a good reason to get rid

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Mowbrays here for the long haul, that I'm sure of. He seems to see something in us, you can tell he wants to be here for a while by the type of squad he's building, he's looking at 2,3,5 years in the future when signing players like Jones and Reid

I'm more worried that we don't sign anyone else, lose a couple of games and SISU find it a good reason to get rid

Yeah, that's the thing though. The 'two year plan' is not a thing. When people were saying Mowbray should potentially be sacked at the back end of the last season, the only thing that people were siding with was that he wasn't going to build on year one. Most of these players have gone, and we've got an absolute nothing squad going into the first game of the season tomorrow.

As for Reid and Jones, they won't be the future, as while I'm not a 'SISU Out' activist, the cold hard truth is that they will be sold at the slightest glimmer of being any good.

sbadey

I'm a big TM fan, but am I the only one concerned that he's mucked up on the transfer front? We seem painfully thin especially at the back and it does make me question him, as he and Venus have let us get to this situation where we're one day out from the opening game and we have two fully fit first team defenders (one of who is Haynes and the other of whom is Willis who is never fuly fit anyway!). That's not SISU's fault - TM and MV are in charge of transfer policy / strategy.
Maybe Venus is not as involved with transfers now he has put his best suit on and joined the boardroom lol

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Tbf on every phone in at the time the fans were screaming for him to sign Eastwood, seemed a good buy at the time.

Were they? He'd flopped at wolves and we weren't allowed him on loan at the end of the prior season.

There was plenty of gossip about his attitude to training etc.

Users who are viewing this thread